• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Like It Hoth (513)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON FIVE
    SOME LIKE IT HOTH
    EPISODE NUMBER - 513

Miles finds himself deputized as a secret courier for Horace, and reconsiders his estranged relationship with his father after confessing to Hurley that the man is on the island. Roger's suspicions are aroused after he learns that Ben has disappeared.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 27 April 2009, 08:00 PM.

All I have to say is what the heck? There was some definite craziness happening there.

It's so sad that Miles' mom chose to tell Miles that his dad didn't want him. Right now, I think Calendar sent Miles and his mom away when he realized they had crossed the Others and a conflict was imminent. That may not be how it pans out, of course.

Next, what does lie in the shadow of the statue? I still don't think that everyone on the Ajira plane is in on that conspiracy, though. I also think they work for Eloise and that the answer is not the Jughead. That's not as revolutionary an answer as Brennan, I think his name was, insinuated.

Hurley is awesome. But if he wants to fix Star Wars, start with Episodes 1 and 2.

And last, Faraday has become un-insane! Good for him! I bet he snuck away somehow on the sub after he scared little Charlotte. He definitely knows everything now having come from headquarters.

So looking forward to next week!!
    sigpic

Comment

Every scene with Miles and Hurley is just awesome.
      -Hurley bragging about having the better "power"
      -Miles reading Hurley's Empire Strikes Back script
      -Hurley talking about Miles being Chang's son while Chang has no idea what he means.

Looks like the "What lies in the shadow of the statue" people aren't working for Widmore after all. Maybe some remnant of the Dharma Initiative?
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Hurley had me LOL
        didn't care much for him in the beginning but he's becoming one of my faves now

looking forward to more bickering between him & Miles :|

Comment

Review: Lost 5.13: "Some Like it Hoth"

Overall, this episode was a bit less dense than many of the previous episodes, most likely due to the need to advance several subplots in preparation for the final leg of the season. Like most transitional episodes, enjoyment will be based almost entirely upon appreciation of the character in focus.

Comment

i enjoyed this ep. i liked learning more about miles.

while i can see why ppl get irritated with hurley (i do), i don't like it when ppl talk down to him or call him names. so good for you, hurley, on showing miles up!

i felt sorry for miles, especially at the end when he watched his dad playing with his baby self.

i don't think this show could produce a bad ep if they tried.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              i enjoyed this ep. i liked learning more about miles.

while i can see why ppl get irritated with hurley (i do), i don't like it when ppl talk down to him or call him names. so good for you, hurley, on showing miles up!

i felt sorry for miles, especially at the end when he watched his dad playing with his baby self.

i don't think this show could produce a bad ep if they tried.
              They are definitely good at what they do. This was a very good episode last night.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I said Miles was Dr. Changs son after the first episode of the season

Getting to see the numbers hammered into the emergency exit of the hatch was nice! Serial number of what....

What lies in the shadow of the statue? Had a feeling they were a 3rd party. We might need Ben here..
                When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal View Post
                  Getting to see the numbers hammered into the emergency exit of the hatch was nice! Serial number of what....
                  I was expecting Hurley to jump out of the van and try to stop the dude for a second.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Not a base ep in season 5, see BSG this what suppose to happen when you get to decide when the show end.

a other brilliant episode. Miles dealing with his dad was good.

All these secrets projects on the island.
                    How many people have sawyer gotten rid off over the years, who have stumbled onto there little secret and Juliet been helping him to. Yep that guy who found the video tap is probably dead.

I reckon miles is going to return to the main land in the future separately from the others, the hint for this is that the people what tried to get them to work chose the wrong time to kidnapped him, the right time is after he learns what under the statue and returns to the normal world.

I enjoyed seeing the hatch being built and the orchid.
                    The whole Hurly and miles seen is funny, and they so have got to get a cameo from George Lucas, with him opening the letter sent to him by hurly containing the scripts, it was all meant to be like that.

And Sawyer face when jack not only knew something he did not but fixed the problem at least for now, Sawyer really is a control freak.

So I wonder which gang we joining next week, young Ben and Richard, or Big Ben, Lock and Sun, or the statue people or may be rose and Bernard and the other people that jump.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                      Not a base ep in season 5, see BSG this what suppose to happen when you get to decide when the show end.

a other brilliant episode. Miles dealing with his dad was good.

All these secrets projects on the island.
                      How many people have sawyer gotten rid off over the years, who have stumbled onto there little secret and Juliet been helping him to. Yep that guy who found the video tap is probably dead.

I reckon miles is going to return to the main land in the future separately from the others, the hint for this is that the people what tried to get them to work chose the wrong time to kidnapped him, the right time is after he learns what under the statue and returns to the normal world.

I enjoyed seeing the hatch being built and the orchid.
                      The whole Hurly and miles seen is funny, and they so have got to get a cameo from George Lucas, with him opening the letter sent to him by hurly containing the scripts, it was all meant to be like that.

And Sawyer face when jack not only knew something he did not but fixed the problem at least for now, Sawyer really is a control freak.

So I wonder which gang we joining next week, young Ben and Richard, or Big Ben, Lock and Sun, or the statue people or may be rose and Bernard and the other people that jump.
                      Nobody next week. It isn't a new episode next week. We will be getting a Lost Special.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        i don't want sawyer to kill that guy... but how else is he to be dealt with? really? this guy could ruin everything sawyer and his team have created.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          i don't want sawyer to kill that guy... but how else is he to be dealt with? really? this guy could ruin everything sawyer and his team have created.
                          Well they are getting closer to the season finale

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                            Every scene with Miles and Hurley is just awesome.
                            -Hurley bragging about having the better "power"
                            -Miles reading Hurley's Empire Strikes Back script
                            -Hurley talking about Miles being Chang's son while Chang has no idea what he means.

Looks like the "What lies in the shadow of the statue" people aren't working for Widmore after all. Maybe some remnant of the Dharma Initiative?
                            Finally, light shed on Miles! He was SO in the background that I was surprised by this ep, and yet not because it is rare that a background character actually remains in a storyline for no reason. It was a great backdrop to seeing how things were put together, and the whole time loop makes so much sense.

I also loved the Hurley/Miles moments because as was mentioned, Hurley is a great character. I loved him from the beginning. He was Joe Normal and I so appreciated that. Though, of course, he was as far from Joe Normal as could be, as we later found out.

Wonderful, just wonderful!
                            sigpic

Comment

Hurley/Miles is the new Hurley/Charlie.

Comment

Working...
                              X