Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

Yeah, Blu would be nice. I just wish Sony would re-release them. I like the Starburst sets, but there is no need for three extra discs per season. I'm pretty sure they could cut the size down from 12 discs per season to 5 or 6 and not lose a lick of quality on the video.

ADV seemed to be pulling a tactic (like A&E does for it's shows) of making bloated releases with unnecessary discs to justify a higher price.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Automission View Post
    Doubt it will come to Blu Ray, if it isnt selling well enough to keep producing the DVD's, they'l hardly spend millions upgrading it for a blu Ray release, to then manufacture loads of blu Ray discs.

Side note, I finally got my money back for the DVD's, so I'm soon going to buy the DVD's proper.

I think you overestimating how much it will cost them to produce a bluray release of Farscape. Look at the garbage currently out. Who in their right mind would buy up obscure cartoon shows made in the 60s and 70s or cancelled tv shows that only lasted 11 episodes, etc., yet the big studios keep releasing them. It may take a while but I believe you'll see Farscape on bluray within a couple of years.

Staff Sergeant

I missed another sale of the ultimate collections at Zavvi.co.uk, but after being marked as 'sold out' for a while, Sendit.com along with some others show the boxset as being available again, though, "Usually dispatched within a month". Not too expensive either, around £85. I already ordered mine!

http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/dvd/Farsca...on/1047526.htm

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichton View Post
    I think you overestimating how much it will cost them to produce a bluray release of Farscape. Look at the garbage currently out. Who in their right mind would buy up obscure cartoon shows made in the 60s and 70s or cancelled tv shows that only lasted 11 episodes, etc., yet the big studios keep releasing them. It may take a while but I believe you'll see Farscape on bluray within a couple of years.
    Yeah, I can see that.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Chief Master Sergeant THe KiKO peRsON's Avatar
    (I is a girl!) Wishing I lived in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichton View Post
    A lot of people may, because they loved the show when they were kids and want their children or grandchildren watch them. I know I'd like to watch some older shows.

It may have been mentioned in this thread already, but JB HI-FI in Australia has each season for about AU$38.99 each on their site, http://www.jbhifionline.com.au. AU$38.99 is about USD 31.41 and GBP 19.05. Instore it's a little cheaper, around AU$29.99.

Quote Originally Posted by THe KiKO peRsON View Post
    A lot of people may, because they loved the show when they were kids and want their children or grandchildren watch them. I know I'd like to watch some older shows.

It may have been mentioned in this thread already, but JB HI-FI in Australia has each season for about AU$38.99 each on their site, http://www.jbhifionline.com.au. AU$38.99 is about USD 31.41 and GBP 19.05. Instore it's a little cheaper, around AU$29.99.
    For the entire season? Really? Wow, some people might want to consider checking that out.

"...phu...ah..."

Chief Master Sergeant

I want to support this show, but the prices are damn crazy due to lack of availability so I downloaded all 4 seasons. I just finished season 1 & 1st epi of season 2. Man, 1x18-2x01 = an epic 6-parter. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyDude View Post
    I want to support this show, but the prices are damn crazy due to lack of availability so I downloaded all 4 seasons. I just finished season 1 & 1st epi of season 2. Man, 1x18-2x01 = an epic 6-parter. Amazing.
    Epic! Get used to that word where Farscape is concerned.

"...phu...ah..."

Staff Sergeant

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Far...s-Coming/12228

Yey, re-releases! A complete boxset arrives in North America in November, so maybe in Europe too.

Vala Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

Rian - there is a thread already dedicated to the Mega Set DVD release: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=67389

Just so folks know.

I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.