Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 90
  1. #1
    First Lieutenant Automission's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Posts
    892

    Default How expensive are the dvds!?

    I just looked on HMV. One box set, i.e, season one box set, will cost you £90. NINETY POUNDS! twenty two episodes, same as Stargate, but still costs more.
    How many special features are on the box set? Bloody Atlantis box sets, at release are £40-50 odd quid, season one of farscape, costs £90.

    seven years after season one of farscape was released, still listed at £90. Man, prices like that I'l never be able to afford the series. Seems the prices dont go down over time. Annoying.

  2. #2

    Default Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

    its because no one makes the dvds anymore

  3. #3

    Default Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

    Where are you looking at Auto? You can get the whole series for close to that from amazon UK and one season is 27.89.

  4. #4
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,107

    Default Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

    Quote Originally Posted by kennythewraith View Post
    its because no one makes the dvds anymore
    Yep, that is the main reason. I've said this before - there is demand for this show still out there, and Sony needs to realize that and start producing these seasons since they own the rights. Being that the show is celebrating it's 10th Anniversary since first airing, this would have been a perfect opportunity IMO.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  5. #5

    Default Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

    i agree fifth...i have seen 2 eps online and i want to see more.usually when a big aniversery comes up they release a new dvd collection but aparently one of the greatest scifi shows doesnt get that honor.you also have to remeber that me ,you and alot of other live in the states so the amazon.uk dvds are expensive and also we would need to get the region free dvd players which im sure cost quite a bit of money.

  6. #6
    First Lieutenant Automission's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Posts
    892

    Default Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

    Oh it's because they stopped making them? Wow, never knew that. Guess I better suck it up and buy them at this price, before they become even shorter in supply and costing more!

  7. #7

    Default Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

    thats my plan...im planning on ordering them today from amazon..although the weird thing is peace keeper wars is still being manufactured but not the series boxset...ridiculous.

  8. #8
    Captain
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,268

    Default Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

    I was blessed when I bought the 4 seasons from JB hifi here in Sydney Australia. I walked in and got the 4 seasons for $27.95 Aus each season, that is about 12 british pounds. I also found The Peacekeeper wars at Big W for $5 Aus.

  9. #9

    Default Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

    well i just bought the first 2 seasons for 220....cux thats the best deal i could find...freaking ridiculous that they dont produce the dvds anymore.peacekeeper wars is 10 dollars....sooo freaking annoying!!!!!!!!!
    AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #10
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,107

    Default Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

    Quote Originally Posted by kennythewraith View Post
    well i just bought the first 2 seasons for 220....cux thats the best deal i could find...freaking ridiculous that they dont produce the dvds anymore.peacekeeper wars is 10 dollars....sooo freaking annoying!!!!!!!!!
    AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry you had to spend so much. But, on the bright side, I know you will enjoy them when you get them.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  11. #11

    Default Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

    Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    Sorry you had to spend so much. But, on the bright side, I know you will enjoy them when you get them.
    yeah im officially broke until i get my first paycheck...when i pass my drug test..and the store opens...and they pay me...lol life its a b****

  12. #12
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,107

    Default Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

    Quote Originally Posted by kennythewraith View Post
    yeah im officially broke until i get my first paycheck...when i pass my drug test..and the store opens...and they pay me...lol life its a b****
    Yeah, some days.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  13. #13

    Default Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

    I'm pretty sure Amazon has some better deals. I remember seeing all 4 seasons of Farscape for fairly cheap not too long ago, and they constantly have specials too.

  14. #14

    Default Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

    Quote Originally Posted by magictrick View Post
    I'm pretty sure Amazon has some better deals. I remember seeing all 4 seasons of Farscape for fairly cheap not too long ago, and they constantly have specials too.
    not in the US...i ordered mine from amazon...they are very expensive....season one and 4 are around 141 dollars,season 2 is 78 and season 3 is 99.

  15. #15
    Lieutenant Colonel Ouroboros's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,846

    Default Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

    The Farscape DVD are unfortunately notoriously expensive. You can sometimes find them on ebay for cheaper though. If you do that though keep in mind the different DVD regions.

  16. #16
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,107

    Default Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

    It just ticks me off so much that the Farscape DVDs aren't more available to potential new fans. It should not be difficult to enjoy this show.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  17. #17
    Lieutenant Colonel SunKrux's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Plateau Tormented Space
    Posts
    3,675

    Vala Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

    Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    It just ticks me off so much that the Farscape DVDs aren't more available to potential new fans. It should not be difficult to enjoy this show.
    It is and can be annoying but I know here in the States (and maybe in some Canadian cities as well) Farscape fans either donated or pushed (gently and politely) their local libraries into getting or accepting donations of the DVDs. There is also video rental. So it's not IMPOSSIBLE for folks to find and watch FS on DVD, some people just have to be willing to work for it, or at least, ask the right FS fans how to get the DVDs. I have a fellow The Closer fan who's interested in checking the show out. I've pointed her to check with her local library and to check with NetFlix.

    I'm not sure what Sony's deal is unless they really haven't worked a new deal with Henson, et al to produce more DVDs for the masses.

    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

  18. #18
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,107

    Default Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

    Just with the 10 year anniversary, it would have been great to re-release the seasons.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  19. #19
    First Lieutenant Chricton's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sometimes my Sentra.
    Posts
    748

    Default Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

    Just get the region two DVD's. There are about £25 per season on amazon.co.uk, which even when converted to US is way cheaper than you'll even get a used set on ebay. Plus I personally like the R2 sets more. Not quite as feature-heavy as the starburst sets but better than the original ADV releases. Commentaries are a bit mismatched, each region having it's exclusives (even R4), but the extra cost for the R1 commentaries isn't worth it unless you're shooting for the starburst sets with even more exclusives. Plus the R2's just look cooler...box and menu designs are superb.

    It's a shame Starburst and R2 have their exclusives. Forcing me to get them both complete. Getting ahold of all the Starburst sets is currently hell.

    I think the problem with Sony is they'll never release anything until they have ALL of Farscape's rights. As of right now I believe ADV still has the licence for the last season or two and are just letting them expire.

    And truthfully, should ADV ever have had them in the first place? I always found it strange looking at their site, being 99% anime and all.
    Last edited by Chricton; March 28th, 2009 at 09:26 PM.
    Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

  20. #20

    Default Re: How bloody exspensive are the dvds!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chricton View Post
    Just get the region two DVD's. There are about £25 per season on amazon.co.uk, which even when converted to US is way cheaper than you'll even get a used set on ebay. Plus I personally like the R2 sets more. Not quite as feature-heavy as the starburst sets but better than the original ADV releases. Commentaries are a bit mismatched, each region having it's exclusives (even R4), but the extra cost for the R1 commentaries isn't worth it unless you're shooting for the starburst sets with even more exclusives. Plus the R2's just look cooler...box and menu designs are superb.

    It's a shame Starburst and R2 have their exclusives. Forcing me to get them both complete. Getting ahold of all the Starburst sets is currently hell.

    I think the problem with Sony is they'll never release anything until they have ALL of Farscape's rights. As of right now I believe ADV still has the licence for the last season or two and are just letting them expire.

    And truthfully, should ADV ever have had them in the first place? I always found it strange looking at their site, being 99% anime and all.
    yeah it is much cheaper in the uk....sadly i bought season 1 and 2 from amzon in the us...im 19..not like i have kids to feed with that money lol

Similar Threads

  1. Why are stargate figures so expensive on ebay?
    By Armymanis in forum SG-1 Merchandise
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 28th, 2011, 10:53 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 18th, 2007, 10:35 AM
  3. Why is CGI so expensive?
    By Wraith_Hunter in forum SG-1 Science and Tech
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: December 17th, 2005, 08:13 PM
  4. SG-1 Season 7 DVDs on Amazon's Top Ten Genre DVDs List
    By morjana in forum SG-1 News (Archive)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 15th, 2004, 03:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •