How expensive are the dvds!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
    go on amazon.com and order from the private sellers on there...almost all of those guys have perfect feedbacks and my dvds came in decent time...are legit and in great condition.really hope you get your money back though automission,iv never used ebay but i still dont trust it.
    That is exactly what I did.
    sigpic

Comment

Are the Special Features on the original & Starburst Editions any good ? Am I missing anything if I get the episodes via Amazon or Itunes

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
        Are the Special Features on the original & Starburst Editions any good ? Am I missing anything if I get the episodes via Amazon or Itunes
        I enjoyed the episode commentaries on the Starburst sets, but I honestly don't think they are worth the current crazy prices. So your best bet is probably to go on and get the eps from Itunes and save yourself the money, imo.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Best to wait for it to hit bluray rather than attempting to find a place that still sells them on dvd.

Comment

Doubt it will come to Blu Ray, if it isnt selling well enough to keep producing the DVD's, they'l hardly spend millions upgrading it for a blu Ray release, to then manufacture loads of blu Ray discs.

Side note, I finally got my money back for the DVD's, so I'm soon going to buy the DVD's proper.

Comment

Yeah, Blu would be nice. I just wish Sony would re-release them. I like the Starburst sets, but there is no need for three extra discs per season. I'm pretty sure they could cut the size down from 12 discs per season to 5 or 6 and not lose a lick of quality on the video.

ADV seemed to be pulling a tactic (like A&E does for it's shows) of making bloated releases with unnecessary discs to justify a higher price.

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                Doubt it will come to Blu Ray, if it isnt selling well enough to keep producing the DVD's, they'l hardly spend millions upgrading it for a blu Ray release, to then manufacture loads of blu Ray discs.

Side note, I finally got my money back for the DVD's, so I'm soon going to buy the DVD's proper.

I think you overestimating how much it will cost them to produce a bluray release of Farscape. Look at the garbage currently out. Who in their right mind would buy up obscure cartoon shows made in the 60s and 70s or cancelled tv shows that only lasted 11 episodes, etc., yet the big studios keep releasing them. It may take a while but I believe you'll see Farscape on bluray within a couple of years.

Comment

I missed another sale of the ultimate collections at Zavvi.co.uk, but after being marked as 'sold out' for a while, Sendit.com along with some others show the boxset as being available again, though, "Usually dispatched within a month". Not too expensive either, around £85. I already ordered mine!

http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/dvd/Farsca...on/1047526.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
                    I think you overestimating how much it will cost them to produce a bluray release of Farscape. Look at the garbage currently out. Who in their right mind would buy up obscure cartoon shows made in the 60s and 70s or cancelled tv shows that only lasted 11 episodes, etc., yet the big studios keep releasing them. It may take a while but I believe you'll see Farscape on bluray within a couple of years.
                    Yeah, I can see that.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
                      A lot of people may, because they loved the show when they were kids and want their children or grandchildren watch them. I know I'd like to watch some older shows.

It may have been mentioned in this thread already, but JB HI-FI in Australia has each season for about AU$38.99 each on their site, http://www.jbhifionline.com.au. AU$38.99 is about USD 31.41 and GBP 19.05. Instore it's a little cheaper, around AU$29.99.

Comment

Originally posted by THe KiKO peRsON View Post
                        A lot of people may, because they loved the show when they were kids and want their children or grandchildren watch them. I know I'd like to watch some older shows.

It may have been mentioned in this thread already, but JB HI-FI in Australia has each season for about AU$38.99 each on their site, http://www.jbhifionline.com.au. AU$38.99 is about USD 31.41 and GBP 19.05. Instore it's a little cheaper, around AU$29.99.
                        For the entire season? Really? Wow, some people might want to consider checking that out.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I want to support this show, but the prices are damn crazy due to lack of availability so I downloaded all 4 seasons. I just finished season 1 & 1st epi of season 2. Man, 1x18-2x01 = an epic 6-parter. Amazing.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SpyDude View Post
                            I want to support this show, but the prices are damn crazy due to lack of availability so I downloaded all 4 seasons. I just finished season 1 & 1st epi of season 2. Man, 1x18-2x01 = an epic 6-parter. Amazing.
                            Epic! Get used to that word where Farscape is concerned.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Far...s-Coming/12228

Yey, re-releases! A complete boxset arrives in North America in November, so maybe in Europe too.

Comment

Rian - there is a thread already dedicated to the Mega Set DVD release: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=67389

Just so folks know.
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X