How expensive are the dvds!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How expensive are the dvds!?

I just looked on HMV. One box set, i.e, season one box set, will cost you £90. NINETY POUNDS! twenty two episodes, same as Stargate, but still costs more.
    How many special features are on the box set? Bloody Atlantis box sets, at release are £40-50 odd quid, season one of farscape, costs £90.

seven years after season one of farscape was released, still listed at £90. Man, prices like that I'l never be able to afford the series. Seems the prices dont go down over time. Annoying.

its because no one makes the dvds anymore

Comment

Where are you looking at Auto? You can get the whole series for close to that from amazon UK and one season is 27.89.

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
        its because no one makes the dvds anymore
        Yep, that is the main reason. I've said this before - there is demand for this show still out there, and Sony needs to realize that and start producing these seasons since they own the rights. Being that the show is celebrating it's 10th Anniversary since first airing, this would have been a perfect opportunity IMO.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i agree fifth...i have seen 2 eps online and i want to see more.usually when a big aniversery comes up they release a new dvd collection but aparently one of the greatest scifi shows doesnt get that honor.you also have to remeber that me ,you and alot of other live in the states so the amazon.uk dvds are expensive and also we would need to get the region free dvd players which im sure cost quite a bit of money.

Comment

Oh it's because they stopped making them? Wow, never knew that. Guess I better suck it up and buy them at this price, before they become even shorter in supply and costing more!

Comment

thats my plan...im planning on ordering them today from amazon..although the weird thing is peace keeper wars is still being manufactured but not the series boxset...ridiculous.

Comment

I was blessed when I bought the 4 seasons from JB hifi here in Sydney Australia. I walked in and got the 4 seasons for $27.95 Aus each season, that is about 12 british pounds. I also found The Peacekeeper wars at Big W for $5 Aus.

Comment

well i just bought the first 2 seasons for 220....cux thats the best deal i could find...freaking ridiculous that they dont produce the dvds anymore.peacekeeper wars is 10 dollars....sooo freaking annoying!!!!!!!!!
                  AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

well i just bought the first 2 seasons for 220....cux thats the best deal i could find...freaking ridiculous that they dont produce the dvds anymore.peacekeeper wars is 10 dollars....sooo freaking annoying!!!!!!!!!
                    AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Sorry you had to spend so much. But, on the bright side, I know you will enjoy them when you get them.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      Sorry you had to spend so much. But, on the bright side, I know you will enjoy them when you get them.
                      yeah im officially broke until i get my first paycheck...when i pass my drug test..and the store opens...and they pay me...lol life its a b****

Comment

yeah im officially broke until i get my first paycheck...when i pass my drug test..and the store opens...and they pay me...lol life its a b****
                        Yeah, some days.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I'm pretty sure Amazon has some better deals. I remember seeing all 4 seasons of Farscape for fairly cheap not too long ago, and they constantly have specials too.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                            I'm pretty sure Amazon has some better deals. I remember seeing all 4 seasons of Farscape for fairly cheap not too long ago, and they constantly have specials too.
                            not in the US...i ordered mine from amazon...they are very expensive....season one and 4 are around 141 dollars,season 2 is 78 and season 3 is 99.

Comment

The Farscape DVD are unfortunately notoriously expensive. You can sometimes find them on ebay for cheaper though. If you do that though keep in mind the different DVD regions.

Comment

Working...
                              X