Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate, Hulu, and you. What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate, Hulu, and you. What do you think?

http://www.hulu.com/stargate-sg-1

well...what do you think? A good lagit way to watch episodes online, for Americans at least(I know, I know, a lot of the unspeakable action happens outside of the USofA).

Do you think that they'll be able to get all 10 seasons on they're site?
    How about Atlantis?
    And would they, should they, post up SGU episodes as they come up?

I just want to know what all of you think about Hulu and Stargate.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Pretty cool. I wonder how long they'll wait between the release of each season. I assume more are coming.
    sigpic

Comment

Doesn't bother me as I'm English and I have all the SG-1 DVDs and all the Atlantis DVDs sans S5.
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

well...what do you think? A good lagit way to watch episodes online, for Americans at least(I know, I know, a lot of the unspeakable action happens outside of the USofA).

How about Atlantis?

I am a big hulu fan, having ditched pay TV about three months ago.
        I think having the first season of SG-1 on there is terrific, and will help keep the franchise in people's minds as they're between series. Since there are 10 seasons, they can drag it out for a very long time, and I would be willing to bet some new fans will decide they can't wait and buy the DVDs, so that's good. I'm sure there are people who never even heard of Stargate who will encounter it for the very first time on hulu.

On the other hand, I can't really figure out why season 5 of SGA is there. That makes no sense at all.

Comment

Belgium wants hulu too

- Why SciFi when you can have SciFun? -

Comment

How about Atlantis?

Well, it's legal, so by definition, it's legit. I know they are working on bringing it to countries outside the US, but there are issues. The broadcasters in those countries pay for syndication rights, so they don't like the idea, so something has to be figured out to make it okay with them. The stream is blocked to foreign IP's to avoid contravening existing legal contracts with those countries. It's just another revenue stream like syndication or DVD sales.
            Last edited by amconway; 25 March 2009, 04:05 PM.

Comment

If it works in the US I don't know why it cannot do the same in other countries.
              sigpic
              Sign by me

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
                If it works in the US I don't know why it cannot do the same in other countries.
                One factor is thought you would have to wait until they are broadcast separate countries. A UK Hulu for example couldn't show a SGU episode until it airs on Sky One
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  One factor is thought you would have to wait until they are broadcast separate countries. A UK Hulu for example couldn't show a SGU episode until it airs on Sky One
                  There are shows on Hulu that were broadcasted in my hometown long ago (talking about decades) but still not available to us. It's a loss for us non-US viewers.
                  sigpic
                  Sign by me

Comment

Its a legal matter. The companies that produce the shows sell the overseas rights to them. There is legal... stuff, not only between companies, but between countries. The American producers and folks like Hulu want you to be able to watch it, but they would be breaking international law if they showed it to you. I'm sure armies of lawyers are trying to find solutions, but it's not going to happen overnight.

Comment

As long as the writers, actors and directors get fair compensation, I think it's a great way to introduce the series to new people.

Comment

As long as the writers, actors and directors get fair compensation, I think it's a great way to introduce the series to new people.
                        Especially since the older a series gets, the less likely it is to be shown on television. The Canadian Sci Fi channel used to show SG-1 in the afternoon and again in the evening, 7 days a week. Now it's only in in the evening , and it's 4 days only

Comment

I don't care. I have the show on dvd so I can enjoy them whenever I am not around a computer.

Comment

I love it. I haven't actually seen all of the SG1 episodes in order, so I'm taking this opportunity to fully understand how all the story arcs relate to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

How about Atlantis?

hulu is more for promoting show rather then a replacement for dvd's and itunes

so all ten seasons may make it on the site but i doubt the entire series will be on the site at once
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X