Good end, but so many unanswered questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good end, but so many unanswered questions

It was an OK ending, there are so many unanswered questions, I dissapointed they weren't tied up.

1.What exactly was Starbuck?

2. What was the reference to her being the harbinger of death and she will lead them too there end?

3. What about all the baseships and cylons left loyal to Cavil, what happened to them?

4. What happen the the number 3's, she was pretty much written out without a trace.

5. How is it that was saw Boomer's raptor severly damage Galactica when she jumped too close, but yet 8 raptors jumped from within the ship and it didn't damage anything?

Dont get me wrong, I did enjoy it, but I hate loose ends.
    I got nothing!

Originally posted by akuma07 View Post
    It was an OK ending, there are so many unanswered questions, I dissapointed they weren't tied up.

1.What exactly was Starbuck?

2. What was the reference to her being the harbinger of death and she will lead them too there end?

3. What about all the baseships and cylons left loyal to Cavil, what happened to them?

4. What happen the the number 3's, she was pretty much written out without a trace.

5. How is it that was saw Boomer's raptor severly damage Galactica when she jumped too close, but yet 8 raptors jumped from within the ship and it didn't damage anything?

Dont get me wrong, I did enjoy it, but I hate loose ends.
    1. Starbuck was Starbuck she was sent back from the dead by a higher power possibly angel baltar or angel six.

2. The number 3 decided to stay on earth alone.

3. When the 8 raptors jumped from within the flight pod there was some structural damage and the pod partially decompressed.

4. With the colony gone maybe cavil's baseships decide to stop hunting for the colonials.

Comment

What then was the relevance of her dead body in the crashed viper on orginal earth?

I can buy that the human race evovled once before, made cylons that rebeled, this is supported by the fact they found centruions, but of a slightly different design in the ruins.

BUT

Exactly the same humans, looking exactly the same, called the same names, flying the same craft, with the same registration numbers, that sir, is a big, big leap of fatih.
      I got nothing!

Comment

re kara being the harbinger of death and bring humans to their end.

The hybrid never said to who she would be the harbinger of death cylon or human he also said she would bring them to an end but he never said if it would be a good or bad end.

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill View Post
          re kara being the harbinger of death and bring humans to their end.

The hybrid never said to who she would be the harbinger of death cylon or human he also said she would bring them to an end but he never said if it would be a good or bad end.
          In a sense she was the Harbinger of Death to the Colonials, as she brought them to Earth where they would merge with the neanderthals, effectively bringing an end to that the Colonial human race and giving rise to a new human/neanderthal hybrid race.

As far as leading them to their end, that one is fairly obvious. She brought them to a planet which ended their journey.

I must admit, while initially annoyed that they didn't explain who/what the Angels were and who/what Kara was, after thinking about it, I can't help but think that the finale would've been a bit less satisfying if they had explained everything. That ambiguity seems to make the episode an even more satisfying conclusion in my eyes, which surprised me!

Comment

um aren't u folks forgetting a few ?

- why were the cylons attacking every 33 minutes ? (back in series premiere)

- who the hell was Godfrey Shelley ? (the 6 who tried to frame Baltar in season1)

- how did Starbuck end up on Earth to begin with ? (wormhole ? time travel ?)

- also if Starbuck really was an "angel" how come she wasn't aware of it ? (like the other 2) and how could she interact with real world objects ? (unlike the other 2)
            Last edited by SoulReaver; 25 March 2009, 07:13 AM.

Comment

What then was the relevance of her dead body in the crashed viper on orginal earth?

I can buy that the human race evovled once before, made cylons that rebeled, this is supported by the fact they found centruions, but of a slightly different design in the ruins.

BUT

Exactly the same humans, looking exactly the same, called the same names, flying the same craft, with the same registration numbers, that sir, is a big, big leap of fatih.
              You're getting confused, that wasn't an alternate reality of Kara or something, that was the one and only Kara Thrace, she died a long time ago. She was never truly alive when she got back from Earth, she was sent back as some kind of higher being to lead the fleet to their destinies. The "harbinger of death" could refer to the fact that she lead the fleet to the end of the 12 colonies, they all would die on Earth eventually. Possibly, that's my take on it.

But Kara was dead and that was her viper. She probably had to die to achieve that destiny because there was no possible way for her to have left the fleet and found Earth on her own, she had to die to find Earth, and come back with all the mysticism she had in order to convince Adama to let her go (which lead to the alliance with the cylon rebels and the rest of the events in the series).

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
              um aren't u folks forgetting a few ?

- why were the cylons attacking every 33 minutes ? (back in series premiere)
              What's the significance of 33? It was just a mental torture to the humans, the cylons were trying to wear their morale down.

- who the hell was Godfrey Shelley ? (the 6 who tried to frame Baltar in season1)
              With the knowledge we have now, the angel Six made herself visible to everyone to put Baltar in the situation that would clear his name now and forever. Without the event Shelly put in place, Baltar still would have been seen as sketchy, untrustworthy, etc. but after that event, it bolstered Baltar's presence there.

- also if Starbuck really was an "angel" how come she wasn't aware of it ? (like the other 2) and how could she interact with real world objects ? (unlike the other 2)
              She wasn't aware because no one would believe her.. she had to come back to the fleet acting like nothing happened and she had no idea. If she was telling people she was a messenger for a higher power they'd lock her up. The lesser of the two evils was her just not knowing. If she knew she was an angel it would be a lot harder to convince them she wasn't or that she was.. either way. Plus Baltar and Six seem to be operating on a different level. There are a whole lot of choirs of angels after all.

And angel Six interacted with many objects. She often slapped him that actually physically moved him around, she grabbed him and lifted him up by his neck, she picked him up when the soldier beat him down in season 4, she moved chairs around. She made something appear to float someone too didn't she? I can't remember, I seem to remember her making something appear to float.
              Last edited by Bl4de; 25 March 2009, 07:18 AM.
              "Did you really expect some Utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bl4de View Post
                You're getting confused, that wasn't an alternate reality of Kara or something, that was the one and only Kara Thrace, she died a long time ago. She was never truly alive when she got back from Earth, she was sent back as some kind of higher being to lead the fleet to their destinies. The "harbinger of death" could refer to the fact that she lead the fleet to the end of the 12 colonies, they all would die on Earth eventually. Possibly, that's my take on it.

But Kara was dead and that was her viper. She probably had to die to achieve that destiny because there was no possible way for her to have left the fleet and found Earth on her own, she had to die to find Earth, and come back with all the mysticism she had in order to convince Adama to let her go (which lead to the alliance with the cylon rebels and the rest of the events in the series).
                How then, may I ask did she;

1. End up 2000 years back in time from when Lee saw her Viper explode in open space?

2. End up on earth in a crashed viper, when the actual explosion took place far, far away in open space?
                I got nothing!

Comment

watch the scene again, it was a bit quick but it did blow a bloody great hole in the side of the landing pod.

Comment

Who said she ended up back in time 2000 years? Did I miss something? Her body was decayed but not 2000 years decayed, there would be nothing left! How she got to Earth is a mystery, but given she was brought back from the dead I think we can assume anything capable of doing that can move her across space as well.

And she wasn't an Angel the way Head Six and Head Baltar were, she was an "instrument of God". She didn't exist in people's heads, she was there and had a body, she just wasn't "herself". Once her purpose in "being" was finished she was "set free", to whatever afterlife exists if any.

The cylons attacked every 33 minutes because that was how long it took them to locate the colonials, possibly due to something or someone planted on the Olympic Carrier (I believe that was the name), or through some other means, spin up their FTL's, and jump in.

And I don't think "Godfrey Shelly" was Head Six. Remember "Head Six" is NOT a cylon, her agenda was not the same as the Cylons. The Cylons likely wanted to get rid of someone like Baltar, Head Six used this to her advantage to in fact get him MORE credibility.

Starbuck also led them to the end of their journey, which could be "their end" as well. People always assumed they were linked, but she could just be the Harbinger of Death, since she brought much death (mostly to the cylons), and she led humanity to their end, the end of their journey.

She could also be the dying leader who would not live to see Earth, although I always found that to be more of a metaphor applying to a variety of elements of the show to one degree or another, most notably Roslyn and the Gallactica herself.
                    "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by Bl4de View Post
                      What's the significance of 33? It was just a mental torture to the humans, the cylons were trying to wear their morale down.
                      this would mean the cylons weren't tyring to finish off the fleet (otherwise they wouldn't have given the colonials time to prepare their FTL between jumps. they would've attacked like every 15 minutes or less)
                      With the knowledge we have now, the angel Six made herself visible to everyone to put Baltar in the situation that would clear his name now and forever. Without the event Shelly put in place, Baltar still would have been seen as sketchy, untrustworthy, etc. but after that event, it bolstered Baltar's presence there.
                      but Godfrey interacted with her surroundings (she even left a pair of glasses on the CIC table)
                      She wasn't aware because no one would believe her.. she had to come back to the fleet acting like nothing happened and she had no idea. If she was telling people she was a messenger for a higher power they'd lock her up. The lesser of the two evils was her just not knowing. If she knew she was an angel it would be a lot harder to convince them she wasn't or that she was.. either way. Plus Baltar and Six seem to be operating on a different level. There are a whole lot of choirs of angels after all.
                      ? this doesn't make any sense - you suggesting Starbuck wiped her own memory after she "ascended" ?
                      And angel Six interacted with many objects. She often slapped him that actually physically moved him around, she grabbed him and lifted him up by his neck, she picked him up when the soldier beat him down in season 4, she moved chairs around. She made something appear to float someone too didn't she? I can't remember, I seem to remember her making something appear to float.
                      nope she only "interacted" with him. he seemed to react but it was purely psychological

Comment

RDM gave this answer in a blog a couple years ago:

Why 33 Minutes?
                        RON MOORE BLOG

The truth is, there's no real answer. It's just a random number that felt right when I came up with the idea that our people were under continuous, relentless attack since the end of the pilot. I wanted it to be a short interval, just long enough for them to grab a bite to eat, jump in the shower and maybe try to catch a catnap before dragging themselves back to their duty stations and begin the whole tedious, terrifying ordeal all over again.

A deeper truth is, I was never interested in coming up with an explanation for Why? Never. I mean, I suppose I could've come up with a sufficiently important-sounding bit of technobabble that would've made sense (you see, the Cylon double-talk sensors tracking the Olympic Carrier's nonsense drive signature needed 15 minutes to relay the made-up data wave through the pretend continuum, then the Cylon navigational hyper silly system needed another 10 minutes to recalculate the flux capacitor, etc.) but what would that have really added to the drama? How does explaining that 33 minute interval help our understanding of Laura's terrible moment of decision, or bring us to any greater knowledge of Dualla's search for her missing family and friends, or yield insight into Baltar's morally shattered psyche?

It doesn't, of course. The answer, however artfully it may (or may not) have been crafted can only subtract from the experience we have in watching the episode. Not knowing the how's or why's of the Cylon attack puts us in the same seat as the characters we're watching. They're in the dark, and we're in the dark. The relentless attack is unfathomable in its origin and unstoppable in its execution. It's mortality coming at you on a loop. If you only had 33 minutes before the next time you could die, what would you do? And what about the time after that? And the time after that? At a certain point, you stop caring about why it's happening, all you know is that it is happening, and it's happening to you.

So the mystery of 33 will be permanent on this show. No explanation, not even the attempt. Let it just be a number that seemed like an eternity for five long days on the Battlestar Galactica.

http://blogs.scifi.com/battlestar/

Comment

I've read that the answer to Shelly Godfrey and how she escaped will be addressed in the upcoming movie "The Plan".

Comment

Working...
                          X