Heroes, Writing, Standards & Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nero_200 View Post

to bottom line it all the show should have stuck to its strengths and focused more on the characters and how they dealt with their abilities rather than the whole orginizations nonsense or the whole save the world ploy(which is done to death).
    I agree. The show real strenghts was when it focused more on the characters and how they dealt with their abilities. They could easily have done it with the fugitive storyline, oh well...
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
      Is there some golden rule that says they can't mess with their powers every once and awhile?

Bottom line is: that's your opinion. So please don't force it upon people and pretend that it is fact. I agree that they have been inconsistent with many things this season but Bryan Fuller seems to be taking the series back in the right direction.

Heroes are never that powerful? Hmm... ever heard of Superman? Nothing can stop that guy.
      There is no golden rule that says you can't change things, but they do it whenever they want to suit whatever situation a character is in. They do it way too often.

I'm not forcing my opinion on anybody. And typically heroes aren't all powerful, it's useless for the plot. What makes for good suspense is the overwhelming possibility of doom because the villian is so powerful which leads to you wondering how the heroes will defeat him. In the case of Heroes, Peter and Hiro are so powerful, it doesn't matter how powerful a villian is, Peter or Hiro can easily match them.

And in the case of Superman, they gave him a giant Achilles heel in kryptonite.

After watching Monday's episode (4/20) it is still extremely apparent that the writers don't know what do to with this show. They keep recycling Sylar's personality every 6 episodes. He's a killer who wants power, then he is lost and is unsure of himself and how he feels. Then he's a killer bent on acquiring more power, then he doesn't know anymore. Then he does it all over again. Why can't they just finally pick a direction for his character? He has been my favorite character since season 1, but at this point he just needs to be killed off for good.

Comment

I feel raped by this show now. Once one of the best shows on tv and within the course of one season has become an abortion.

Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
        X