anyone know of a good place to find farscape on dvd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone know of a good place to find farscape on dvd

so i have been interested in watching farcsape for sometime but i cant find any place selling the dvds...so does anyone know where i can get them?

Just have to try the used market unfortunately (ebay, half.com and amazon marketplace). I believe they have them all up on Hulu now though, so you can watch them for free on your pc.

Comment

thanks im gunna try hulu first...since its free.thanks again

so its not on hulu BUT i did find a site called fancast.com with free episodes of the show for season 1 only but is better than nothing i guess.
      Last edited by kennythewraith; 22 March 2009, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Oh that's right, I actually went to fancast and then the add was still for Hulu so I assumed it was on hulu, sorry bout that.

Comment

Also, and you probably know this, but some people don't think of it. Many libraries will have the show for loaning. I know mine does, and I'm in a relatively small town so that's worth a look. I love owning them, but getting them in any fashion is good.

Finally, you can still get the set from other regions, check amazon.co.uk. Region free DVD players are pretty affordable as well, Philips has a great cheap model (dvp5990 plus others) you can find for around $40. You need to do a hack with the remote to make them region free, but that's easy to find online.

Comment

going to amzon.co.uk right now and then check EEEEVEEERYWHERE else also.lol ill find it eventually!!!!

Comment

Good luck with your search, kennythewraith.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

thanks its not going so well...so far any place that has it...is asking for a ton of money that i dont have at the moment.i might save up and just buy from amazon uk.

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                  thanks its not going so well...so far any place that has it...is asking for a ton of money that i dont have at the moment.i might save up and just buy from amazon uk.
                  Yeah, the prices of these DVDs has shot way up. Good luck with your saving plan.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Well, the set from amazon.co.uk is cheaper than anything we have had over here (and that's pre-out of print inflation) so I wouldn't expect to find better unless you are looking for bootlegs or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                      Also, and you probably know this, but some people don't think of it. Many libraries will have the show for loaning. I know mine does, and I'm in a relatively small town so that's worth a look. I love owning them, but getting them in any fashion is good.

Finally, you can still get the set from other regions, check amazon.co.uk. Region free DVD players are pretty affordable as well, Philips has a great cheap model (dvp5990 plus others) you can find for around $40. You need to do a hack with the remote to make them region free, but that's easy to find online.
                      I didn't know about this thing about making DVD players region free.

Thankyou, thankyou and thankyou again for this tip!!!

I've got a Phillips player I bought because I was told was multi regional but in the setup menu the cursor jumped over the region code box so I couldn't reset it! Clearly disabled! I found the remote hack instructions online for my player and now I'm able to watch my Farscape complete season boxset, which is region 2, along with the 1st 4 seasons of Stargate SG-1 and other DVD's I bought from the UK with me!

I bought my Farscape DVD's from Amazon.UK last year for about 150 pounds, about CND$360 and got my son's friend to bring it over when he came to visit us. It was the only place I could find where it was available for a reasonable price. Of course the cheap DVD player I bought broke down half way into season 1! This Phillips player was sitting gathering dust and cheap players I bought kept breaking down....if only I'd known about this hacking thing for the Phillips player sooner!

It's all good now......I can settle down with Farscape once again!

Comment

Awesome Krisz, glad I could help. Region free has helped me find a lot of gems. I love the internet!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                          Awesome Krisz, glad I could help. Region free has helped me find a lot of gems. I love the internet!
                          It is definitely full of a lot of useful and fun information. I don't think I could get by without it.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

thanks im gunna try hulu first...since its free.thanks again

so its not on hulu BUT i did find a site called fancast.com with free episodes of the show for season 1 only but is better than nothing i guess.
                            Well, keep in mind, season 1 is by far the most expensive of the seasons. So if you can watch it for free, go for it.

I got my Farscape DVD's off of ebay for various prices (I seem to recall getting an awesome deal on my season 3 starburst edition). But ebay has problems... sometimes you can only find one volume of a season, and there's no guarantee that you'll win the bid. So it's time consuming, but if you get lucky, the deals can be worth it. Emphasis on the "if" part of that sentence.
                            Last edited by Khentkawes; 23 March 2009, 11:58 PM.
                            Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                            Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                              Well, keep in mind, season 1 is by far the most expensive of the seasons. So if you can watch it for free, go for it.

I got my Farscape DVD's off of ebay for various prices (I seem to recall getting an awesome deal on my season 3 starburst edition). But ebay has problems... sometimes you can only find one volume of a season, and there's no guarantee that you'll win the bid. So it's time consuming, but if you get lucky, the deals can be worth it. Emphasis on the "if" part of that sentence.
                              yeah im watching the first season on fancast right now.watched the pilot the other day and it was fantastic!so im gunna watch that and save up some money and maybe buy of amozon uk and get a region free dvd player also.but thanks for the help everyone,iv been looking everywhere to find a good deal...also anyone know why they stopped making the box sets?it only eneded wat...5,6 years ago?doesnt make sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X