Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Staff Sergeant

Default With BSG over..Caprica T.V series redundant?

I mean , what is the whole point of watching the Caprica series? We all know how it will end. There is no more big revelation I believe to keep that series interesting. What would that have to bait us to watch about a dead and decaying civilization? At least BSG always showed that is in the "now". Anyone?

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Default Re: With BSG over..Caprica T.V series redundant?

Quote Originally Posted by Vahnman View Post
    I mean , what is the whole point of watching the Caprica series? We all know how it will end. There is no more big revelation I believe to keep that series interesting. What would that have to bait us to watch about a dead and decaying civilization? At least BSG always showed that is in the "now". Anyone?
    well i for one would like to know how that civilization decayed

Staff Sergeant

I believe THAT particular civilization was already decaying and then they created the Cylons. Which add to their laziness. It said so in the opening movie of BSG.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

I will definitely be giving Caprica a shot. I think it will be interesting to see how things got so bad in that world.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

I don't see that it's redundant. By that logic, the entire BSG series is redundant by watching Daybreak; just doesn't make any sense.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    I will definitely be giving Caprica a shot. I think it will be interesting to see how things got so bad in that world.
    not really bad but how the cylons came to be. caprica really is a the beginning of the last cycle. we get to see how Daniel created the 12 colony cylons and how zoe fits into the whole thing

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I don't see that it's redundant. By that logic, the entire BSG series is redundant by watching Daybreak; just doesn't make any sense.
    Worryingly there are people with that attitude

Chief Master Sergeant blitzsnake's Avatar

I disagree with OP but I still ask him/her to continue to watch due to awesome acting from the likes of Eric Stoltz.

Captain

Hundreds of thousands of people went to see 'Titanic' even though they knew the ship sank. How many people say 'Revenge of the Sith' fully knowing that in the end the Jedi would be wiped out, Anakin Skywalker would be Darth Vader in black suit and Palpatine would be Emperor.

Its not about the destination, its about getting there. What were the events that led to the creation of the first generation of Centurions? Why did they develop a belief in a single God? What was the state of Colonial society in the time leading up to the first Cylon war? *How* did the first Cylon war begin? Who fired the first shot?
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

This series will definitely not be redundant to me. I look forward to seeing how these people, and Zoe, fit into the BSG world. And into how the war first began.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    This series will definitely not be redundant to me. I look forward to seeing how these people, and Zoe, fit into the BSG world. And into how the war first began.
    me too

i think the cylon war could be a series in itself

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    me too

i think the cylon war could be a series in itself
    I wonder if there was a Cylon Pearl Harbor or a Cylon 9/11 where the Centurions did a flat out terrorist-like attack.

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by HAL2100 View Post
    I wonder if there was a Cylon Pearl Harbor or a Cylon 9/11 where the Centurions did a flat out terrorist-like attack.
    I imagine that they'll take a lot of elements out of the 1970s BSG when the series hits that point. But since the Cylons are Man's creation and not robots made by a reptilian race anymore it might not play out the same. I, however, can imagine a Battlestar peace envoy meeting the Cylons someplace remote and getting the royal **** kicked out of them for their trouble.

Also the Adama and Cain flashbacks from Razor seem to hint that the Cylons drove humanity from the primary colonies into remote regions ala the Rebels from Star Wars and forced Humans to go guerrilla against them until the war ended with the Cylons retreating back into "their space".

After Caprica I don't doubt for a second SciFi would immediately green light a "Fall of Man" series taking place during the first Cylon war. BSG's own Clone Wars (In my cautious opinion, the best part of Star Wars to date).

First Lieutenant

Doesn't the nuking of the twelve colonies count?

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by AeronPeryton View Post
    Also the Adama and Cain flashbacks from Razor seem to hint that the Cylons drove humanity from the primary colonies into remote regions ala the Rebels from Star Wars and forced Humans to go guerrilla against them until the war ended with the Cylons retreating back into "their space".
    Do you mean the primary colonies as in Caprica, Tauron, etc or the colonies of the Colonies? I'm thinking its the later, especially given the references that the Centurions had been used for non-miltary applications such as mining.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by pbellosom View Post
    Doesn't the nuking of the twelve colonies count?
    Actually no, because I was referring to the First Cylon War, not the Attack on the Colonies.

Probie

Do you mean the primary colonies as in Caprica, Tauron, etc or the colonies of the Colonies? I'm thinking its the later, especially given the references that the Centurions had been used for non-miltary applications such as mining.
    I'm going to have to watch the extended cut of Razor again, but wasn't a child Cain hiding in a storage crate when Cylons attacked her village? Did that take place on a homeworld colony or a refugee colony?

Its not really about how it ends, its more about knowing the full story, how the cylons rose to power, rebelled etc. Its about knowing the full picture basically and all the small details that are missing. Also toward the end of the show
    Spoiler:
    it was said that caprica was destroyed because the society had reached a point where technology had run amuck etc and now we will get a chance to see that,

The show is about giving us a full picture of the galactica universe basically, and of course there will be big revelations, if you knew that galactica would end with
    Spoiler:
    them finding a new earth
    would that ruin the entire show for you? No, it wouldn't at all, its not about the destination and how it ends, its about the journey.
    I dunno what to put in here now..

We know your life will end one day, so whats the point in carrying on?

I thought the Caprica piolet was awesome! I am giving this show a shot.