This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes to the Sam threads

The usual rules apply. Discussion is only open to those that are active participants in the effected threads. Whether or not there will be changes isn't a valid topic. Changes will be made.

I will post a notice of this thread in the SaGC thread and I ask that all conversation takes place here and not in Samanda.

Sam Threads

The vast majority of the Sam threads will remain untouched. There are some scattered ones that have been merged, for example the three different threads about her hair have all been merged into one and given a title that reflects the more general nature of the conversation.

We did not discuss this with anyone because the last time a hair thread had been posted in was almost a year ago.

There were some very short ‘I like Sam’ threads (for example one that had six posts but hadn’t been posted in since 2007) that have been merged into the Sam’s a great character thread. Again, we did not discuss this because the thread had no active members and months or years since its last post.

A lot of what you’ll notice us doing is adding a ‘Sam’ or ‘Carter’ to some threads.

The reason we’re doing this is because ‘Sam’ doesn’t work with the search engine. While Carter will. So if every Sam thread also has Carter in it, people can find it. If you’ll notice the Sam thunk thread already has it’s ‘Carter’ and ‘Amanda Tapping’ added to it so it will now be visible to the search engine.

The biggest issue I see with Sam and the one decision that I am sure will be the most talked about is the Sam’s a Great Character thread. That title does not adhere to the naming convention that we’re implementing forum wide. As such, and to reflect the topics of the thread, we’re wanting to change it to ‘Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion and Appreciation’ thread.

Nothing else in the thread needs to change. Everything will remain as it is. All that will change is the title of that thread.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

i'm finding no probs with the title change. since this is happening to ALL threads, it equals everyone out *and* makes it much easier for newbies to find threads.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

I also have no problem with the name change
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Sounds fine to me. Why should Samanda be any different to any other community on the board? I was expecting a remerge of the thunk with Samanda, to be honest (like it used to be), but that also doesn't bother me too much either way.

As long as I can still play, I'm happy.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

What TJ said.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I've also have no problem with the name of the thread being changed.
            sigpic
            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

I also have no problem with the thread name being changed.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I'm cool with the name change.
                sigpic

Comment

makes sense.

Comment

I think calling it ‘Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion and Appreciation’ really defines what the thread has become over time as it's what we do there anyway. We talk about various aspects of Sam Carter and we talk about various aspects/projects of Amanda Tapping. And if it makes it easier for people to find us and discuss Sam/Amanda that's all to the good.
                    sigpic

Comment

The name change makes sense, I'm cool with it.
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                        I think calling it ‘Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion and Appreciation’ really defines what the thread has become over time as it's what we do there anyway. We talk about various aspects of Sam Carter and we talk about various aspects/projects of Amanda Tapping. And if it makes it easier for people to find us and discuss Sam/Amanda that's all to the good.
                        Agreed ^^. I think the name change fits well... especially since the addition of Amanda does mean that when we chat about Sanctuary, or hair, or stunt boobies for a bit we don't get a sarcastic cry for absent mods because it says it's a Sam thread.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                          Agreed ^^. I think the name change fits well... especially since the addition of Amanda does mean that when we chat about Sanctuary, or hair, or stunt boobies for a bit we don't get a sarcastic cry for absent mods because it says it's a Sam thread.
                          Because it's all about the hair.

Name changes make sense to me too.

FF
                          sigpic

Comment

Oy the hair.......

I have no issues with the hair...I mean name change.
                            sigpic

Comment

I heartily approve of said change--life's too short to complain anyway.

donamac

Comment

Working...
                              X