No announcement yet.

Emancipation (103)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that this is a bit off-topic, considering the previous posts, but has anyone noticed a little mishap(if you can call it that) in the episode. In the very beginning of the episode, in the scene where the camera shows all of the team standing and starting to run to help Abu, AT gives a laugh and says something. There is no sound of that, so its difficult to understand what she´s saying, but it looks like she´s saying "what". Maybe Chris Judge(it appears that his lips are moving but its hard to make out) was telling her a joke and the guys at the montage department noticed it too late to cut it out. ...anyway, i don´t mind, she has a beatiful smile

Comment

I have to agree. Great smile and body!
      __

__

Comment

I remember when I watched this episode the first time, I looked at my brand new DVD set and thought "what have I done??" Then I remembered the Carter I saw in a S7 episode and knew everything would be ok..........eventually.
        "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

This is one of those rare episodes I just didn't like.

Comment

Not even the presence of Shang Tsung (Tagawa) could help this one. Thankfully there were few episodes of this low quality in Season 1

Comment

The were trying to establish the character of sam but it just didn't work.

Comment

They managed to make the worst episode in SG1-history imo:>

Comment

Then again it was only the 3rd episode.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                    They managed to make the worst episode in SG1-history imo:>
                    It was only the second off-world mission... taking that in to consideration it wasn't that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by jenniferhailey
                      I know most people, including Amanda, hate this episode.

But I love it. I think Sam kicks butt, and its needed for her to be able to become a better character.

Because we didn't want her to stay the Children of the Gods Briefing Room Sam, did we?

So think of it as a very needed step towards our lovely, sweet Sam Carter. The one we have today.

Plus I'm in love with Abu (Jorge Vargas Jr.) Actually pretty hot without the wig.
                      Whoo-hoo! Thanks. About time somebody said that!

I'm wishy-washy on this episode. Part of me knows that it's highly unlikely that Sam would be able to take down Turghan, but (a) I don't care, girl kicks butt, I'll take it, and (b) you'd be surprised at what you can do when you have to. If I was in Sam's situation, I'd be pretty darn motivated.

Overall, though, I like. A little overdone, the script could use some work, but still: Sam. Kicked. Butt.

That by itself makes Emancipation worthwhile.

Comment

:| is there anything good about this episode? well, mybe the bit with jack sayng she is one of those things today. and 2 lines is not good enough.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
                          :| is there anything good about this episode? well, mybe the bit with jack sayng she is one of those things today. and 2 lines is not good enough.
                          I've read a few fics where the blue dress is brought up as a later in-joke. I think that's what the writers should have done--it'd have brought something mildly amusing to the show and also acknowledged that Emancipation might not have been the show's finest hour.

Comment

I liked the "What is an Oprah?" line, but it wasn't enough to save this from being the worst epsiode of SG1 ever.

Comment

Look, I like this episode. Yes, it's practically impossible. Yes, it had a pretty weak plot line. You know what? I like it anyway. Tough.

I'm not going to go through an entire dissertation of this episode because I've already done written some stuff about it, but there are some matters I'd still like to address. So here goes.

a. Did they ever tell us about P3X-905? On the other hand, I'm not sure that I really want to know.

b. Some of the dialogue was kind of weak, but I'm willing to excuse that (for once! ). It was early in the show, and they were still fiddling 'round with personalities.

c. Woman's lib! Whoo-hoo!

Okay. I'm done. Until I think of something else.

The end.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                                I liked the "What is an Oprah?" line, but it wasn't enough to save this from being the worst epsiode of SG1 ever.
                                i will admit this certainly ain't the best ep, maybe the wosrt but you gotta love the

'what is an oprah?'

that has got to be one of my favorite team moments!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X