Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    *sells FH for a 100 gold pieces*
    Feels too cheap.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      It's scarily accurate for the times but you are correct -- the episode should not have seen the light of day, not in this format any way.
      I wonder what the going price for a mail ordered bride is these days?
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        I wonder what the going price for a mail ordered bride is these days?
        Ha... actually, I had a colleage who err.... for the lack of a better word... had a mail order girlfriend -- I'm sorta happy not to know too many details about that relationship, but I do remember that he ran into major obstacles getting her here. So, my guess, they don't come cheap these days. In fact, he moved to Thailand instead of her coming here.

Comment

Ha... actually, I had a colleage who err.... for the lack of a better word... had a mail order girlfriend -- I'm sorta happy not to know too many details about that relationship, but I do remember that he ran into major obstacles getting her here. So, my guess, they don't come cheap these days. In fact, he moved to Thailand instead of her coming here.
          That must have been an...odd conversation. But I was just pointing out that depending on who is asked, times haven't changed at all.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            That must have been an...odd conversation. But I was just pointing out that depending on who is asked, times haven't changed at all.
            It certainly was odd.... and indeed, times haven't changed.

Comment

It's scarily accurate for the times but you are correct -- the episode should not have seen the light of day, not in this format any way.
              I think it's important for people to learn how to deal with civilizations who may be ahead in some ways and behind in others. Quite a few of the latter right here on Earth.
              Teal'c's first military rank was that of "Sergeant," as spoken by General Hammond towards the end of Stargate SG-1, S1E2, The Enemy Within.

Comment

Furthermore, the bit about Sam refusing to wear the veil occurred just after a female Major in the U.S. Air Force refused to wear a veil while working in Saudi Arabia. As that was a requirement negotiated by the Saudis as part of the Status of Forces agreement between Saudi Arabia and the U.S., she was relieved of her duties. Caused a big flap! I like the fact that the issue was covered by Stargate SG-1 in a reasonably positive manner.
                Teal'c's first military rank was that of "Sergeant," as spoken by General Hammond towards the end of Stargate SG-1, S1E2, The Enemy Within.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugs View Post
                  I think it's important for people to learn how to deal with civilizations who may be ahead in some ways and behind in others. Quite a few of the latter right here on Earth.
                  True, but the execution of it leaves much to be desired.

And some are reverting back to the stone age, as we speak -- and yes, I am looking at your own country.

Comment

We aren't the one with a king
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      We aren't the one with a king
                      Ours has no actual power.
                      He's just for show -- I mean, some 30 years ago, we actually deposed the then King Boudewijn I for a day so that the federal government could pass an abortion law he wouldn't sign into effect. It was all consented. Next day he was King again.

Comment

I thought that it was an okay episode, I liked the fight scene with Sam kicking the warlord's butt.

One thing that bothered me is that Abu never actually apologized-- or did I miss ? He just showed up asking for them to help him and Nya. Really, he acted like a spoiled brat.

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                          One thing that bothered me is that Abu never actually apologized-- or did I miss ? He just showed up asking for them to help him and Nya. Really, he acted like a spoiled brat.
                          I don't think he ever did, but perhaps this is still due to the mindset. He might be having a more open-minded father but I think somewhere deep down inside he's still set on the old ways. Or he was just too much in love with Nya to care for anything else.

Comment

I don't think he ever did, but perhaps this is still due to the mindset. He might be having a more open-minded father but I think somewhere deep down inside he's still set on the old ways. Or he was just too much in love with Nya to care for anything else.

Ugh! it wasn't just about Sam though, the whole team was involved in having to get her back. I'm sorry, but being a mom of 4 boys makes me want to slap that boy for his carelessness. Granted, teenage boys can get caught in their own world, but, sometime they have to wake up to their mistakes and be accountable for them. I am truly surprised of how upset this is making me.

Sorry

Comment

3:03

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X