Bridge Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridge Commander

I know, it's old game (2002), but how many of you guys play it? I recently got it myself, and I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered the mods and add-ons that instantly improve the game beyond recognition. Every single Enterprise is available, as well as Voyager, DS9, Dominion, even The Borg and Breen. if only I would have powerful enough computer, I could recreate Wolf 359.. Of course, I have downloaded other mods too, like Battlestar Galactica ( whole colonial fleet and cylons too), Stargate and Babylon 5 ships..
    "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

I really like it. I install it every now and then and throw all of the mods and ships on it.

Comment

This is perhaps one of the Best Trek Games I've ever played.
      I really wish they'd do another Trek game like Mass Effect.

Comment

Ah yes. I love Bridge Commander. I haven't played it in ages because i over played it and got really bored. but the mods extend its life immensely. There are some really gifted modders for it as well. And of course they even have BSG and stargate ship mods (both of which were done by a personal mate of mine)
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Have it, like, it, but I have a problem with it suddenly crashing to desktop when trying large fleet battles, with no slowdowns or other apparent problems beforehand.

I still wouldn't mind an official sequel, maybe one where you can go through the events of Enterprise, Next Generation, or Voyager and try different approaches than used in the shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior Master View Post
            Have it, like, it, but I have a problem with it suddenly crashing to desktop when trying large fleet battles, with no slowdowns or other apparent problems beforehand.

I still wouldn't mind an official sequel, maybe one where you can go through the events of Enterprise, Next Generation, or Voyager and try different approaches than used in the shows.
            apparently the modders out there are trying to make a de-facto sequel for it.

Comment

Yes, I've heard of that too. My computer has similar problems, but it's most likely due the fact that my computer hasn't got enough RAM to deal with the ships and special effects oh well, BC304 Odyssey is more than match to Borg Cube.. and Imperial Star Destroyer is.. well, kicking intergalactic butts. although, that's no match to Odyssey either, despite the fact that is has ridiculous amount of weaponry.

I've actually got MilkShape in my own paws and have been looking some blueprints of ships from star trek, star wars and stargate. harder than it sounds. but when I get it and learn to use milkshape more efficiently.. zhe galaxies shall be mine!
              "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                Ah yes. I love Bridge Commander. I haven't played it in ages because i over played it and got really bored. but the mods extend its life immensely. There are some really gifted modders for it as well. And of course they even have BSG and stargate ship mods (both of which were done by a personal mate of mine)
                Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Galactic Hitchhiker View Post
                  Yes, I've heard of that too. My computer has similar problems, but it's most likely due the fact that my computer hasn't got enough RAM to deal with the ships and special effects oh well, BC304 Odyssey is more than match to Borg Cube.. and Imperial Star Destroyer is.. well, kicking intergalactic butts. although, that's no match to Odyssey either, despite the fact that is has ridiculous amount of weaponry.

I've actually got MilkShape in my own paws and have been looking some blueprints of ships from star trek, star wars and stargate. harder than it sounds. but when I get it and learn to use milkshape more efficiently.. zhe galaxies shall be mine!
                  lol. yeah those ships aren't really measured against the star trek ships. no frame of reference so he just did his best to balance them against the previous stargate ships he made.

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                  Really?
                  oh aye. went to the pub with him last saturday. he's pretty damn insane but he knows his stuff.

Comment

*me wonders if some degree of insanity is required from modellers*

"...."

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      lol. yeah those ships aren't really measured against the star trek ships. no frame of reference so he just did his best to balance them against the previous stargate ships he made.

oh aye. went to the pub with him last saturday. he's pretty damn insane but he knows his stuff.
                      Yes, I actually helped with collecting screencaps with sharp close-in angles, and I was able to record a sound effect for the railguns off a video clip. It wasn't perfect, but it sure was far closer than previous ones. If I could take a multi-channel lossless source of audio, I could try and pull a cleaner version off, one that would be perfect. Too bad there's no Blu-ray of Atlantis yet.

And I mean full season sets, not the "Fans Choice" teasing MGM's doing with us.

For future versions of the mod, I now have an 256MB ATI Radeon X1650 Pro, in place of my old 32MB GeForce2 MX 400.

Comment

god damn.. yet another black screen of death.. oh well, reinstalling and replacing the installed files with the backup is more like second nature to me now.

"...."

Comment

well, seeing that filefront is shutting down indefinitely, does anyone know any other place that has nice collection of bridge commander mods?

"...."

Comment

Originally posted by Galactic Hitchhiker View Post
                            well, seeing that filefront is shutting down indefinitely, does anyone know any other place that has nice collection of bridge commander mods?
                            BC Central is working on that currently.
                            Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

indeed they are. now, I need to get a tactical cube in my hands and see how it will surviveagainst victory class stardestroyer or ZPM Odyssey.. the BoBW-cube didn't last too long against either even when I didn't exploit the weak spot..

"...."

Comment

Working...
                              X