ATA Gene in Milkyway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATA Gene in Milkyway

As we know the Ancients created their tec with the Ancients gene set like a password. You didnt have it you couldn't use it. We have always assumed that this was to stop the Wraith accesseing it. Did they create this in Pegasus or did they have it before they left the MilkyWay?

O'Neill had it, did any one else in Sg1 have it that we didn't know, Did they use any Ancient tec that required it to be activated before use

Originally posted by Mc Hank View Post
    As we know the Ancients created their tec with the Ancients gene set like a password. You didnt have it you couldn't use it. We have always assumed that this was to stop the Wraith accesseing it. Did they create this in Pegasus or did they have it before they left the MilkyWay?

O'Neill had it, did any one else in Sg1 have it that we didn't know, Did they use any Ancient tec that required it to be activated before use
    Ancients has no enemies in the MW so I assume it was the PG that they started using it

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

since most humans came from earth and it is safe to assume some ancients also settled on other milkyway planets, there CAN be ATA-genes in milkyway

www.darkarmada.nl
      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Perhaps merlins various sword devices required it. which would make mitchell have it.

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
          Ancients has no enemies in the MW so I assume it was the PG that they started using it
          Except the fact that the Antarctic Outpost Chair Weapon also requires ATA gene activation...and the Chair was left behind when Atlantis left the Milky Way.

Not to mention Puddle Jumpers were used when Atlantis was still on Earth, and those need ATA gene to pilot as well.
          "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Since the Ancients were in the Milky Way for some 40 million years and we have little information about their history here, we really don't know whether they had any enemies in MW. In that time span they could have had several...or as you say...none.

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
              Except the fact that the Antarctic Outpost Chair Weapon also requires ATA gene activation...and the Chair was left behind when Atlantis left the Milky Way.

Not to mention Puddle Jumpers were used when Atlantis was still on Earth, and those need ATA gene to pilot as well.
              just playing devils advocate here but it is possible that they never made the neural interface technology have to work with the ata gene so the puddle jumper could have been flown by someone other than one with the gene. the fact that only ATA capable people can fly the jumpers could have been installed in models built when the ancients were in pegasus.
              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                just playing devils advocate here but it is possible that they never made the neural interface technology have to work with the ata gene so the puddle jumper could have been flown by someone other than one with the gene. the fact that only ATA capable people can fly the jumpers could have been installed in models built when the ancients were in pegasus.
                but there is no reason to advocate that.

www.darkarmada.nl
                www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

What makes you say that?

We know an alliance existed between the 4 great races. I would assume this was formed for a reason, usually common defense and peace.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                    We know an alliance existed between the 4 great races. I would assume this was formed for a reason, usually common defense and peace.
                    Usualy its for mutual economical and cultural benefit, like the europian union, especiualy given how advanced and peacefull these races are, and seeing as they probably could deal with any threat each on their own.

And about the ATA gene, its possible that the ancients used a gene that they already had, that was rare or non existant in other species, as opposed to introducing a new special one. In this case, some MW humans would have the gene simly because of very similiar biology. This is probably correct too, considering that some earth humans have the ATA gene, and are part of MW.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by Mc Hank View Post

I believe wasn't Daniel a maybe for the ATA Gene. As I recall reading it was undetermined!!
                      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

The Ancient Outpost in Antartica required the ATA gene. As far as we know it has remained untouched ever since the Ancients left for Pegasus. So they must have been using ATA genes from that time.

As for other people in the Milky Way with the ATA gene. It is more than likely, After the Ancients ascended (and some had offspring with ordinary humans) the Goa'uld took some of our humans to other planets, so the gene could be there.

My guess is that the Ancients used the gene in the first place to prevent them from accidently activating something with their thoughts. The gene is probably a key that ancients and humans can activate and then the technology knows that it is time to interact with the mind.

Comment

maybe it's not a safety precaution, but something else? maybe they simply found a suiting gene to base their tech on? like most our tech is based on us having fingers?
                          Last edited by tjoflojt; 20 March 2009, 06:51 AM.
                          sigpic

Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by IMDB
                          Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                          Hehe

Comment

Working...
                          X