Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Airman Mc Hank's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Belfast. Ireland
    Posts
    28

    Default ATA Gene in Milkyway

    As we know the Ancients created their tec with the Ancients gene set like a password. You didnt have it you couldn't use it. We have always assumed that this was to stop the Wraith accesseing it. Did they create this in Pegasus or did they have it before they left the MilkyWay?

    O'Neill had it, did any one else in Sg1 have it that we didn't know, Did they use any Ancient tec that required it to be activated before use

  2. #2
    First Lieutenant VSHARMA's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Location
    LONDON, ENGLAND
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: ATA Gene in Milkyway

    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Hank View Post
    As we know the Ancients created their tec with the Ancients gene set like a password. You didnt have it you couldn't use it. We have always assumed that this was to stop the Wraith accesseing it. Did they create this in Pegasus or did they have it before they left the MilkyWay?

    O'Neill had it, did any one else in Sg1 have it that we didn't know, Did they use any Ancient tec that required it to be activated before use
    Ancients has no enemies in the MW so I assume it was the PG that they started using it

    For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

    Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

    ....... or would you take more?



  3. #3
    Major locutes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    You're dead before you know I was behind you!
    Posts
    2,713

    Default Re: ATA Gene in Milkyway

    since most humans came from earth and it is safe to assume some ancients also settled on other milkyway planets, there CAN be ATA-genes in milkyway

  4. #4
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: ATA Gene in Milkyway

    Perhaps merlins various sword devices required it. which would make mitchell have it.

  5. #5
    First Lieutenant gkyun's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Oma's deli
    Posts
    999

    Default Re: ATA Gene in Milkyway

    Quote Originally Posted by VSHARMA View Post
    Ancients has no enemies in the MW so I assume it was the PG that they started using it
    Except the fact that the Antarctic Outpost Chair Weapon also requires ATA gene activation...and the Chair was left behind when Atlantis left the Milky Way.

    Not to mention Puddle Jumpers were used when Atlantis was still on Earth, and those need ATA gene to pilot as well.
    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"


  6. #6
    First Lieutenant Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Corner of Milky Way & Hyper Drive
    Posts
    853

    Default Re: ATA Gene in Milkyway

    Quote Originally Posted by VSHARMA View Post
    Ancients has no enemies in the MW so I assume it was the PG that they started using it
    Since the Ancients were in the Milky Way for some 40 million years and we have little information about their history here, we really don't know whether they had any enemies in MW. In that time span they could have had several...or as you say...none.

    My timeline of the Ancients here.

  7. #7
    Captain stargater1990's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    atlantis
    Posts
    1,553

    Sheppard Re: ATA Gene in Milkyway

    Quote Originally Posted by gkyun View Post
    Except the fact that the Antarctic Outpost Chair Weapon also requires ATA gene activation...and the Chair was left behind when Atlantis left the Milky Way.

    Not to mention Puddle Jumpers were used when Atlantis was still on Earth, and those need ATA gene to pilot as well.
    just playing devils advocate here but it is possible that they never made the neural interface technology have to work with the ata gene so the puddle jumper could have been flown by someone other than one with the gene. the fact that only ATA capable people can fly the jumpers could have been installed in models built when the ancients were in pegasus.
    STARGATE ROCKS

    THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW


  8. #8
    Major locutes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    You're dead before you know I was behind you!
    Posts
    2,713

    Default Re: ATA Gene in Milkyway

    Quote Originally Posted by stargater1990 View Post
    just playing devils advocate here but it is possible that they never made the neural interface technology have to work with the ata gene so the puddle jumper could have been flown by someone other than one with the gene. the fact that only ATA capable people can fly the jumpers could have been installed in models built when the ancients were in pegasus.
    but there is no reason to advocate that.

  9. #9
    Colonel Spimman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chasing 8 little feet
    Posts
    6,860

    Default Re: ATA Gene in Milkyway

    Quote Originally Posted by VSHARMA View Post
    Ancients has no enemies in the MW so I assume it was the PG that they started using it
    What makes you say that?

    We know an alliance existed between the 4 great races. I would assume this was formed for a reason, usually common defense and peace.
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

  10. #10
    First Lieutenant Character's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Starship Buttcrack
    Posts
    570

    Default Re: ATA Gene in Milkyway

    Quote Originally Posted by Spimman View Post
    We know an alliance existed between the 4 great races. I would assume this was formed for a reason, usually common defense and peace.
    Usualy its for mutual economical and cultural benefit, like the europian union, especiualy given how advanced and peacefull these races are, and seeing as they probably could deal with any threat each on their own.

    And about the ATA gene, its possible that the ancients used a gene that they already had, that was rare or non existant in other species, as opposed to introducing a new special one. In this case, some MW humans would have the gene simly because of very similiar biology. This is probably correct too, considering that some earth humans have the ATA gene, and are part of MW.
    http://sgt.ketelle.com/files/2009wraithsig.jpg
    http://sgt.ketelle.com/files/SGTadvert.gif
    Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

    Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

  11. #11
    Black Caesar AnnieS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Watching Col. Young's Six on Destiny
    Posts
    2,850

    Default Re: ATA Gene in Milkyway

    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Hank View Post
    As we know the Ancients created their tec with the Ancients gene set like a password. You didnt have it you couldn't use it. We have always assumed that this was to stop the Wraith accesseing it. Did they create this in Pegasus or did they have it before they left the MilkyWay?

    O'Neill had it, did any one else in Sg1 have it that we didn't know, Did they use any Ancient tec that required it to be activated before use

    I believe wasn't Daniel a maybe for the ATA Gene. As I recall reading it was undetermined!!

  12. #12
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    685

    Default Re: ATA Gene in Milkyway

    The Ancient Outpost in Antartica required the ATA gene. As far as we know it has remained untouched ever since the Ancients left for Pegasus. So they must have been using ATA genes from that time.

    As for other people in the Milky Way with the ATA gene. It is more than likely, After the Ancients ascended (and some had offspring with ordinary humans) the Goa'uld took some of our humans to other planets, so the gene could be there.

    My guess is that the Ancients used the gene in the first place to prevent them from accidently activating something with their thoughts. The gene is probably a key that ancients and humans can activate and then the technology knows that it is time to interact with the mind.

  13. #13
    First Lieutenant tjoflojt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Dreshdae cantina, messing with the hopefulls
    Posts
    897

    Default Re: ATA Gene in Milkyway

    maybe it's not a safety precaution, but something else? maybe they simply found a suiting gene to base their tech on? like most our tech is based on us having fingers?
    Last edited by tjoflojt; March 20th, 2009 at 07:51 AM.


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by IMDB
    Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
    Hehe

Similar Threads

  1. Peguses and the milkyway, what else protected for the ori??
    By BC - 303 in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: November 15th, 2005, 03:42 PM
  2. Are the Ori watching the Milkyway, like the Ancient?
    By ckwongau in forum Stargate SG-1
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 25th, 2005, 09:54 PM
  3. Wraith in the Milkyway??
    By Metonic in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: July 13th, 2005, 08:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •