Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General idea involving the Daedalus, Prometheus, and crossovers between SG1/SGA

This is indeed my first post here, and no, I don't care if I spelled Quetzcoatl differently from the way it's spelled in "The Crystal Skull" credits. I've been a fan of Stargate since the feature (before SG-1) and will continue to be a fan until it starts sucking. In the rare event that you couldn't tell from the title, this thread may or may not contain significant spoilers.

Now, onto my idea.

It's quite clear that the Daedalus will emerge at some point during the two-parter "The Siege". It's also quite clear that the respective writers for SGA and SG-1 are human. With a few implied connections, we can assume that they would have a hell of a time maintaining two parallel storylines for the shows, all the while keeping them worth watching.

For this reason, they created the Daedalus. Instead of having to "share" the Prometheus between the two shows, Atlantis will simply get their own uber-cool battle ship. As such, all the theories I've read on this board about the Prometheus making appearances in SGA are probably wrong. The theories involving the Daedalus returning to Earth after The Siege are probably wrong too, for the same reason.

I'd love to be proven wrong, or just discuss this in general, so feel free to reply.

okay. U R Wrong in so many direction.

1. Earth is building more ships to combat the threat that is out there.

2. They can spare only one.
    sigpic
    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

We don't know what will happen to Deadalus, for all we know it'll be destroyed and while (Atlantis, Season Two)
      Spoiler:
      there will be regular contact with Earth, it'll probably be via Stargate, so having Prometheus appear in Atlantis is highly unlikely and, if Deadalus is destroyed, that'll probably be it for 303s in Pegasus

By the way, Welcome to the Forum!
      Rocky

Comment

What's the Deadalus? Is it another human-built cruiser?

BTW, just how effective is Prometheus when pitted against a Goa'uld mothership?

Comment

What's the Deadalus? Is it another human-built cruiser?
          It's most likely the second commissioned BC-303.

BTW, just how effective is Prometheus when pitted against a Goa'uld mothership?
          It was designed to be able to hold it's own against a Goa'uld Ha'tak cruiser, though we've never really seen it in action against anything larger than an Al'kesh.
          It sort of got in a skermish with an unknown alien ship in "Grace", but that ship outclassed it by quite a bit.
          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

BC-303??? Geez that's like answering "what's enterprise" with "ncc-1701"... It means nothing to me at all...

Dare I ask what is "BC-303"? (And don't you answer "Deadalus")

Comment

BC-303??? Geez that's like answering "what's enterprise" with "ncc-1701"... It means nothing to me at all...

Dare I ask what is "BC-303"? (And don't you answer "Deadalus")
              LOL, I'm sorry.

The BC-303 is the designation for the Prometheus class battlecruiser, so the Prometheus is a BC-303-01; Daedalus would be the BC-303-02.

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

THe Prometheus took alot of fire from the Gliders/Alkesh in Lost City, and then went to orbit while taking fire from Anubis flagship.

Id say its pretty strong. It has Asgard weapons (apparently) and missiles/gattling guns
                The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

I thought it was asgard shields?
                  Wier: Nice work Rodney!
                  McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
                  Wier: Yes, several times....
                  [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]

Comment

Asgard designed shields and weapons. However, with the Al'kesh reactor running at 100% they could probably only power the shields.

Comment

So far we've only seen the shields used. I'm starting to think that they don't have Asgard weapons.
                      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

However, with the Al'kesh reactor running at 100% they could probably only power the shields.
                        True, but now that the Asgard equiped it with one of their hyperdrives, it should be able to use the weapons they equiped now as well.

Comment

You are correct.

Comment

So how come we are still using missile on prometheus they are really low tech against gould or wraith ships.
                            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                              So how come we are still using missile on prometheus they are really low tech against gould or wraith ships.
                              The missle aren't as low tech as you think.
                              They're probably fitted with naqahadah enhanced warheads and devices that will allow them go straight through shields.
                              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Working...
                              X