This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Universe" Character discussions!

Im just getting on here so i may be a little behind on the information on the new characters but I have a few questions!

I know a thing or 2 about the military and I am curious how they have 2 characters in their 20's that are supposed to be Master Sergeants. There is no way they could have reached that rank at that age.

Any thoughts?
    SSG Skeet

well whats the age u could reach that?i know that those characters are in their lates 20s.......if im thinkin of the right ones?????maybe they have changed since the military advisor came on board a few weeks ago but iunno how these things work.
    u could try telling JM about it on his blog...they changed greer's rank when people made an uproar about how it didnt exist
    Last edited by kennythewraith; 12 March 2009, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
      well whats the age u could reach that?i know that those characters are in their lates 20s.......if im thinkin of the right ones?????maybe they have changed since the military advisor came on board a few weeks ago but iunno how these things work.
      u could try telling JM about it on his blog...they changed greer's rank when people made an uproar about how it didnt exist
      Which rank did they change for greer?

Comment

Tons of people join at 18. They could have received field promotions for having superior offices or enlisted men killed in the field. Only the cream of the crop would make it to SGC.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post
          Which rank did they change for greer?
          i dont remeber wat it was exactly it was like "chief master major seargent" or something like that and people were going crazy saying it wasnt even a rank in any military...so he got chnged to a regular old seargent

Comment

Yes, they give feild promotions and you do get awards for superior performance. However, there are mininum years in service requirements in order to get to each rank. They would have to have at least 10-13 years in the military in order to be a master sergeant. they would need to be in their mid 30's to be accurate. Im sure they will have some type of story line to explain it. Either way I will watch the show tho.haha
            SSG Skeet

Comment

i dont remeber wat it was exactly it was like "chief master major seargent" or something like that and people were going crazy saying it wasnt even a rank in any military...so he got chnged to a regular old seargent
              I like that "Chief master major sergeant".....Whats the next rank up from that?? "Mega super dooper sergeant"??
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                I like that "Chief master major sergeant".....Whats the next rank up from that?? "Mega super dooper sergeant"??
                I haven't seen an issue where a character was given a false rank and I've read all the character descriptions GW has posted.

But I do feel, the rank of the characters should reflect their age.

Yes, the audience may want them to have a higher rank so they can feel the character is competent enough. But rank doe snot reflect knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  Chiefer master major sergeant? Or maybe Chief master maximum sergeant. Or Chief master colonel sergeant.
                  Or... Master Chief Spartan Sergeant!
                  "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                  Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                  Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                  Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                  Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                    Chiefer master major sergeant? Or maybe Chief master maximum sergeant. Or Chief master colonel sergeant.
                    Or... Master Chief Spartan Sergeant!
                    i think i should start a thread where people try to make up the best fake ranks...lol it could be funny to see wat people come up with...as for the talk about the rank of greer...it was months ago that this happened,its been corrected since then.

Comment

i think i should start a thread where people try to make up the best fake ranks...lol it could be funny to see wat people come up with...as for the talk about the rank of greer...it was months ago that this happened,its been corrected since then.
                      Do it!!! That would be gold.

Probationary Lieutenant Warrant Officer First Class Jones...reporting for duty sir!
                      sigpic

Comment

lol im doing it later today...maybe soon

Comment

Hehehe..:-)

Comment

lol its done

Comment

Working...
                            X