• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Believer (105)

Visit the Episode GuideDOLLHOUSE - SEASON ONE
    TRUE BELIEVER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 105

Experimental surgery transforms Echo's eyes into cameras and leaves her blind, so that she may infiltrate a religious cult.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 26 December 2013, 10:59 PM.

Interesting stuff. The religious cult stuff has all been a bit overdone, but it's all the SURROUNDING material that makes the show interesting. Poor Victor and his "man reaction." LMAO! Could not stop laughing. LOL! Great to see some honest humor in the show for a change. I think Vic could be the next vic of the Dollhouse. If he can't control his... reaction he could be sent to the Attic like a naughty boy.

Security Guy is definitely up to something not good. I'm just not sure what yet. Trying to stage a coup?

Loved the line about God's message being "move your ass!" HA! That's the right kinda god, IMO.

Creepy Neighbor Girl is still creepy. And ignored. Even if she is an avatar of evil I kinda feel sorry for her.

At least Ballard's story is finally gaining ground. Can't wait to see how it all comes together.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      Interesting stuff. The religious cult stuff has all been a bit overdone, but it's all the SURROUNDING material that makes the show interesting. Poor Victor and his "man reaction." LMAO! Could not stop laughing. LOL! Great to see some honest humor in the show for a change. I think Vic could be the next vic of the Dollhouse. If he can't control his... reaction he could be sent to the Attic like a naughty boy.

Security Guy is definitely up to something not good. I'm just not sure what yet. Trying to stage a coup?

Loved the line about God's message being "move your ass!" HA! That's the right kinda god, IMO.

Creepy Neighbor Girl is still creepy. And ignored. Even if she is an avatar of evil I kinda feel sorry for her.

At least Ballard's story is finally gaining ground. Can't wait to see how it all comes together.
      Tonight was my first chance to catch the show. I really enjoyed the plot. Whedon just knows how to write a show.

Comment

ROFL..I caught this show simply because I have not deleted my Tivo recording subscription. My god, won't someone please put a gun to this show and end it now. What utter crap,

Let us all be *#*@ing honest now, if Whedon was not involved in this, NOBODY would be watching this garbage. <snip>
        Last edited by Skydiver; 14 March 2009, 09:57 AM.

Comment

I taped it (DVR), but did not watch it,, I got to the point a couple shows back, this show is just boring me to tears with the same old stuff, every week. I mean everything they do has been done to death in many other tv shows...

I need shows with new ideas, groundbreaking thought provoking good Sci-fi. Not a show with an actress meant to arouse teenage boys....
          My Story:
          http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Thank god for fast forward. I have to agree, this show needs to be put out of it's misery. Typical network TV crap that has been done before, seen before. I agree with retiredat44, give us something original for once. I am so tired of this re-tread crap.

Comment

This show is beyond terrible. I watched the first ep cause of Eliza Dushku and her being hot. But after that that this show not only has poor character developement and well let's face it the story line sucks.

I had to turn it off last night like right after the part of the really pathetic comment about he uhhhh, is having a "man reaction". Geese what is the guy to friggen emasculated to say erection?

Are they farming out writing to a bunch of kids? Sorry this show needs to go and go fast!

Comment

I still love how it's okay to slam Dollhouse but speak one negative word about Stargate and you get flamed into the bedrock and crucified for daring to complain about a show you- OMG!- aren't even watching! LOL!

Ah, whatever. I'm still enjoying the show and I still think the "man reaction" thing was HILARIOUS! LOL! The cult plot could definitely have been a lot stronger, though. Maybe it is just an excuse to move the story forward but that doesn't mean it has to be so rife with cliches. It might have been interesting if, for example, the leader guy really HAD seen the error of his ways and was building a peaceful community WITHOUT a stockpile of weapons in the basement and without the obligatory mass suicide attempt. That kinda stuff is frustrating to watch. A nice twist would have been if the Agent in Charge guy had been the one to set the fire- and lock the "Believers" in- and then blame it on the "crazy cultists" so that he'd have an excuse to go in and Save the Day.

Also, I'd really appreciate it if people would stop telling me what I think or what my motives are because you're getting it wrong.
                Last edited by ShadowMaat; 14 March 2009, 09:10 AM.

Comment

This is sought of a odd episode, the central plot clinche ridden with no originality, I would not be surprise if they just printed the script off the net from a other show. This the thing that worries none of the central plots have been far from strong or original

I thought the man thing was a pretty good joke and I think it was a hint Whedon sense of humour coming into the scripts, but again the tech guy is just clinche ridden character.

The side plots I thought the whole man thing and further explanations of technology and the obvious flaws and how they been over using the dolls. Possible consequence of the FBI being onto the Russian human trafficking.

I thought the FBI bloke is clearly being lead by someone, not sure who it could be the security chief or Alpha both would be a potential story line. Also what up with the security guy he seem to be up to no good certainly going behind the leader back. In fact I think it would be sought funny if the person who trying to bring it down was the women and she the one trying to turn echo into a other Alpha mistake, alpha almost single handedly destroyed the entire operations. May to complete the job or she thinks echo will be more controllable and able to be use against Alpha this is of cause going on behind the security chief back.

So far it does seem they are just slowly creating there little universe but keeping it on the outskirts of the episodes, instead of the central storyline.

Comment

Diss the SHOW all you want. express your dislikes - within the rules - to your hearts content. just do not go bashing real people, be they fans or TPTB of the show
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      Diss the SHOW all you want. express your dislikes - within the rules - to your hearts content. just do not go bashing real people, be they fans or TPTB of the show
                      I don't see anyone bashing people here, but are we suppose to bow down to the alter of Whedon and NOT discuss how pathetic this show is? Face the facts, this guy has ONE hit show over a decade ago for teen girls, beyond that he is a major failure. Are we NOT supposed to accept this now? Or are we supposedly suppose to simply accept that he is the god of SciFi? This is Gateworld after all right?

Comment

Originally posted by AnUbIs2004 View Post
                        I don't see anyone bashing people here, but are we suppose to bow down to the alter of Whedon and NOT discuss how pathetic this show is? Face the facts, this guy has ONE hit show over a decade ago for teen girls, beyond that he is a major failure. Are we NOT supposed to accept this now? Or are we supposedly suppose to simply accept that he is the god of SciFi? This is Gateworld after all right?
                        I can see, that you just love to hate. You hate shows, episodes, creators, and you are very vocal about your opinion. You have all the rights for your extreme emotions, however people soon will get tired of it, and put you on their ignore list, and all that passion will just get wasted.
                        Just my two cents.
                        sigpic

Comment

If someone wants to make a negatively-focused thread to discuss how the entire show sucks bilge then they're more than welcome to try running it past the mods, but meanwhile this thread is still about the ep True Believer.

Anyone have thoughts (polite ones) about the whole "eyeball camera" thing? For something that got a fair amount of "OMG! Dangerous! No sneezing!" tagged onto it, Echo seemed to manage a number of heavy blows without any ill effect. Other than getting her vision restored and cutting off the cameras. LOL! I wonder why it has to be one or the other, anyway? Either vision or cameras? Something to do with the wiring?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            Anyone have thoughts (polite ones) about the whole "eyeball camera" thing? For something that got a fair amount of "OMG! Dangerous! No sneezing!" tagged onto it, Echo seemed to manage a number of heavy blows without any ill effect. Other than getting her vision restored and cutting off the cameras. LOL! I wonder why it has to be one or the other, anyway? Either vision or cameras? Something to do with the wiring?
                            Er... Plot device?...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
                              I taped it (DVR), but did not watch it
                              Yet here you are...

Originally posted by tanneth View Post
                              I had to turn it off last night like right after the part of the really pathetic comment about he uhhhh, is having a "man reaction". Geese what is the guy to friggen emasculated to say erection?
                              I'd go with "immature". It fit with Topher's personality IMO. And why does that make you angry?

Personally I found the opening Victor/Sierra scene and Topher's reaction hilarious.

Originally posted by AnUbIs2004 View Post
                              The bolded parts seem, uh, contradictory...
                              Saying that Buffy was for teen girls is a pretty narrow-minded view of the show, and I would hardly consider Angel a failure.

Anywho...
                              I enjoyed the first three eps, particularly The Target, but the show has really started to pick up with the last two.

Echo seems to be picking stuff up and remembering things post-wipe. Some of her other personalities (maybe her real personality) seemed to be bleeding through towards the end when she was trying to get the cult members out. And staring at Dominick at the end was... weird.

I'm looking forward to more development for Topher. He's an interesting character IMO - on the one hand, I like him, because he brings the funny and is, well, likeable, but on the other he's got some serious moral issues. A neat twist on the Xander/Wash-type character.

And next week looks rather awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X