No announcement yet.

"Castle" starring Nathan Fillion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh. I'm definitely not impressed with the series finale for Castle.
    They couldn't even decide on how they wanted it to end.
    Spoiler:
    That was cheesy. Castle and Beckett shown apparently dying hand in hand, and then, "7 years later", they're married with a pack of kids. I was glad to see that they apparently lived, but why the death scene? Couldn't the writers make up their mind?

Definitely an unsatisfying end to a great show.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Meh. I'm definitely not impressed with the series finale for Castle.
      They couldn't even decide on how they wanted it to end.
      Spoiler:
      That was cheesy. Castle and Beckett shown apparently dying hand in hand, and then, "7 years later", they're married with a pack of kids. I was glad to see that they apparently lived, but why the death scene? Couldn't the writers make up their mind?

Definitely an unsatisfying end to a great show.
      I suspect that had the series been renewed, the
      Spoiler:
      the seven years later scene
      would never have been aired, and
      Spoiler:
      she would have died there and then

The whole episode felt very rushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
        I suspect that had the series been renewed, the
        Spoiler:
        the seven years later scene
        would never have been aired, and
        Spoiler:
        she would have died there and then

The whole episode felt very rushed.
        Spoiler:
        It appeared to me that both of them had been shot, both knew they were dying and held each others hands as the did so.

But in any case, why air both endings? They could have died together or he could have survived for next season if renewed.

Comment

You think the ending of Castle was underwhelming, did anyone see the last episode of The Good Wife? I expected more.
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Spoiler:
            Apparently I'm the only one who didn't think they died. I just thought that, yes, they were seriously injured and both thought they were about to die, so that explained the holding hands bit. Then one of them realized they better call 911, and did, and were saved. Then the "7 years later ending".

Comment

I didn't mean it that way, what I meant was if it hadn't been renewed then the seven years later scene would have not been shown and something else would have been in its place to setup the season 9 arc, we probably know what that scene would have been:

Spoiler:
              A funeral scene, maybe the two stooges doing dedications, pictures of the coffin, pictures of Castle's famioy crying to keep the viewer guessing who etc. eventually panning out to show Rick, stern faced, vowing to avenge his wife's death. We knew Stana wasn't coming back before the cancellation was announced, so there were only ever two ways the episode was going to end.

Comment

Spoiler:
                I read somewhere that one of the ideas considered was that Kate went into witness protection with the EVERYBODY who knew her thought that she was dead.
                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Well that was a rather unsatisfying, and weird ending. Even the Lockset thing was a letdown
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    Well that was a rather unsatisfying, and weird ending. Even the Lockset thing was a letdown
                    This whole season has been a let down.

In my mind, I think Castle will be remembered as an excellent show that ran 7 seasons. I don't know what to think of S8, except that I'd rather forget it.

Comment

Yes, I was very underwhelmed.
                      sigpic

Comment

This whole season has been a little erratic. It was all over the place. It lost it's spark. Maybe it was to do with the goings on behind the scenes
                        sigpic

Comment

This whole season has been a little erratic. It was all over the place. It lost it's spark. Maybe it was to do with the goings on behind the scenes

On set politics can derail a TV show.
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Both Stana and Nathan had only one year contracts the last couple of seasons. When your major stars will only agree to a one year contract, it's time to start planning how to gracefully end the show.
                            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Problem is there aren't many writers out there that can write a really good ending to a show.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X