"Castle" starring Nathan Fillion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Castle" starring Nathan Fillion

Oh my.. I just the Premier episode tonight and oh my.. What a hoot!

Oh and Nathan looks great

Any other comments.. Please!
    Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
    sigpic
    Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

LOVED it! Oh my, if this show doesn't make the cut then violent things are gonna happen.

Nathan is frikkin HYSTERICAL! Oh, what a great role for him- cheesy, but not overpowering (although that works for him, too *cough*Captain Hammer*cough*).

The lady detective is a good foil, too, although (minor probably non-spoiler)
    Spoiler:
    For someone who's supposed to be all hard-nose and serious and by-the-book WTF is up with her leaving the top couple buttons of her blouse undone?? Not exacly professional, IMO, and makes it seem like SOMEONE behind the scenes is trying a bit too hard to communicate her sexiness. She doesn't need such lowball tactics, unless we're meant to believe that it's a sign of a rebellious streak or some such nonsense.

First ep was a lot of fun. I hope they show more authors, then maybe I'll stand a chance of recognizing some faces. LOL!

Comment

I also saw the premier. I loved it. Hopefully we'll see more of the series.

Comment

Did anyone watch the premier of "Castle" last night? I really liked the role that Fillion had, and the interactions between Castle and Beckett. I just hope it isn't canceled just because it's actually decent.

Comment

Hopefully some numbers-monkey can track down the ratings info and let us know how the pilot fared.

Comment

Hmm... when in doubt, look it up yourself. According to Variety Castle's premiere was "lukewarm."

At 10:02 p.m., "Castle" averaged roughly a 3.2/8 in 18-49 and 11.1 million viewers overall in its premiere. It was certainly an improvement over what "Boston Legal" delivered with its season premiere behind "Dancing" last fall, but "Castle" tailed off to a 2.9 demo rating in its second half-hour.
            Fingers crossed anyway.

Comment

Darn, that rating info does not sound good, and I am another who really enjoyed the show. I thought NF did a great job, although I think it may take some time for he and Beckett to jell together properly. But was great fun, and I have high hopes. That is a really tough timeslot to be in.
              ---------------------
              sigpic
              Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

So what did you think of the 2nd episode? I was only lukewarm to the 1st ep. A little too cutesy for me, but I liked the 2nd ep much better. Since there is nothing else I watch on Mondays, I'll try to vcatch it next week.
                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

I liked it! I think they're still balancing out the characters a bit, which is good. I'll be interested to see what the police lady's backstory is, though I do have a few ideas, based on Castle's guesses.

Comment

*drool* I watched it! I have been. Is it just me or is Nathan way sexier in Castle than he was in Firefly? Maybe he just gets sexier each time I see him. I hope this one lasts...

Comment

I adored the second episode. I love the One Life to Live reference, since NF did a few episodes. I think it coming along fine. I'd also like to see more of the Detective's backstory.

I hope that the rating are high enough for the series to continue. I know over at imdb their meter is at +1070%, so there is an interest from online people to check it out there.

Comment

I like it. It's somewhat different from all of the other detective series.

Comment

I like the daughter. She's a bit generic, but I like the character type anyway and the bit in the last ep
                          Spoiler:
                          Where she was freaking out about jumping the turnstyle for the subway... LOL! And Castle's reaction... heh.

The show doesn't bring anything new to the table in terms of storytelling, but I enjoy the characters and how they interact.

Comment

Best ep yet. I'm starting to really like this series.

Cracked up over the line about the goat - 'Something really bad must have happened to that goat' (I hope that's correct).
                            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post
                              Oh my.. I just the Premier episode tonight and oh my.. What a hoot!

Oh and Nathan looks great

Any other comments.. Please!
                              I like it. I agree, Nathan looks great. Loved him in Firefly, so I was really looking forward to seeing him in this series. So far, so good
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

Working...
                              X