Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Acting Ability of the Original SG-1 Cast ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Acting Ability of the Original SG-1 Cast ?

Ok i really love Stargate for alot of reasons. On alot of it comes from the Acting. All the original cast members are wonderful acters, buuuuuut some out shine others. Personaly for me Its a tie Between between Richard Dean Anderson and Michael Shanks. But Chris Judge and Amanda Tapping do a wondeful job as well

I would like to here the rest of GW thoughts on who was the best acter in the original cast of Stargate SG1

I will try and get a poll put up as soon as one of the mods gets my message for it.
    Richard Dean Anderson
    24.14%
    Michael Shanks
    40.09%
    Amanda Tapping
    25.86%
    Christopher Judge
    9.91%
    Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
    Ok i really love Stargate for alot of reasons. On alot of it comes from the Acting. All the original cast members are wonderful acters, buuuuuut some out shine others. Personaly for me Its a tie Between between Richard Dean Anderson and Michael Shanks. But Chris Judge and Amanda Tapping do a wondeful job as well

I would like to here the rest of GW thoughts on who was the best acter in the original cast of Stargate SG1

I will try and get a poll put up as soon as one of the mods gets my message for it.
    everyone's done great in different eps and times, but i pick amanda and michael as the best actors of the bunch.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Richard Dean Anderson has my vote.

(Can a Mod please make this into a poll if agreed with the wishes of the creator of this thread?)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
      MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Michael Shanks.

I like the others, too - but with him I feel his character is so different from who he is. I think it's great he managed Daniel Jackson so subtly each week; Daniel remained a realistic character, but he had several depths to him.
        "The clowns? Oh, yeah, the clowns. We fight them too — entire armies, spilling out of Volkswagons. We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending 'em in!"

Comment

It's between Anderson and Shanks for me. Anderson's unique brand of comedy was basically the life blood of the series for years and I honestly think the singular reason why it got as popular and lasted as long as it did. Shanks though also had a lot of good moments in the arcs with Daniel's wife and really sold the genuine believable human emotions of his character the best.

Comment

Poll is up.Multiple choice option available .
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              Poll is up.Multiple choice option available .
              Thanks
              Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Are you kidding, RDA FTW!

Temp0ral.
                sigpic

Comment

It's a hard question.
                  In my opinion it's a toss up between Michael and Amanda. I think Michael wins by a nose.
                  But RDA is so charismatic.
                  And I don't think Chris got the chances to strut his stuff that the others did.

I think the 'Big Four' are all superb actors and the show was very lucky to have them all.

FF
                  sigpic

Comment

I like all of them but i would have to say Michael Shanks. Not only is he good as Daniel but he was also awesome in Lifeboat playing all those different people.

Comment

For me it's no contest....hasn't been from the first episode.........Mr Shanks all the way.....he's made me laugh, cry, scream at the TV but all in all, kept me enthralled through 10 Seasons, 2 films (and hopefully more in the future), SGA, guest appearances in other TV shows and apparently wowing many new fans recently with his amazing performance in the Burn Notice Season Finale btw - which I can't wait to see....

Oh and he's an absolute scream at Conventions too, puts on a fabulous show for the fans.....

Deeds xx
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I'm going to have to agree with discodiva Michael Shanks has just been awesome from the start, his awesome acting is one of the reasons I love the character Daniel so much, so yeah Michael Shanks all the way, with RDA second for me

Comment

Michael Shanks no doubt about it; he really added depth to Daniel's character.

Comment

Shanks was definitely the best out of the bunch. RDA could show his stuff every so often if he was required to, but MS is really the only genuinely stellar actor of the four. Tapping was extremely good in certain episodes like Singularity and Heroes Part 2, but I feel her abilities have degenerated over the last few years. I like Teal'c and Chris Judge a lot, but I don't think there's anything particularly noteworthy about his abilities as an actor. He gets the job done.

Comment

Hard choice but its RDA for me. All three others are very good too!

Comment

Working...
                              X