This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bicketybam View Post
    This felt like a "clip" show more then anything. Very unsatisfying.

Spoiler:
    It would have been nice to see (even in fragments or flash backs at first) story from the original five.. from their war, to their travel back to the colonies and to the end of the first Cylon war. See them doing the deal and giving the cylons resurrection technology and the creation of their "children".

I was truly hoping we would see something about Daniel and then we could see how it upset Cavil enough to decide to wreak revenge on his creators. See the "plan" start up and then continue on to fail like it did would have been a much better result IMO.
    Yeah I had been hoping for something like that too.

Maybe they keep that bit for Caprica?
    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
    And he's wonderful.

Comment

doubt it.

Comment

the idea for the film was well executed but as a story I found it lacking... it didn't add any real meat to the BSG universe.

Spoiler:
        Like the entire plan can be summed up into "let's genocide because mommy and daddy love them more than us". We have known that for a long time, how about concrete details about how Cavil coaxed everyone into going along and what they planned on doing afterwards. In season 1 it was clear they planned on rebuilding the colonies for the human cylons to live in them. What made them change their mind? I would have loved to see the actual debates that lead to the cease fire... guess that was impossible though since they would need to involde Lucy Lawless' character in that.

Some more background on the previous lives of the final five and the preoccupation of the cylons with god would also have been nice (the latter will definatly be in caprica though (?), so maybe just some extra hints would have been nice here)
        I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Nothing groundbreaking, but it was enjoyable.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Funny when the best part of the show was the airlocking and the end credits.
            Kind of sad that it didn't do the show justice. It was all over the place with clips hither and yon and muy muy incomplete.

Comment

I thought it was funny that Ron Moore said we'd never find out who Six met on Caprica then Jane Whatever_her_name_is made it one of the first scenes in the film

I must go seek out that Pycon bar though..............hmm........the barmaid had nice eyes........hmm

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Nothing groundbreaking, but it was enjoyable.
                how has everyone seen this ???/ the dvd doesn't come out till next week ???
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  how has everyone seen this ???/ the dvd doesn't come out till next week ???
                  Obvious answer is obvious.

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                  I must go seek out that Pycon bar though..............hmm........the barmaid had nice eyes........hmm
                  A very nice set of... eyes. In BSG it felt totally fine but if that happened in a scene in SGU man I could smell the flame threads. "EYES on stargate now!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
                    Obvious answer is obvious.
                    it was leaked that sucks

Comment

i knew from the moment i saw the kid that cavil would kill him.

simon's (cylon) wife was hot...to bad she wasn't in the series

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                        i knew from the moment i saw the kid that cavil would kill him.

simon's (cylon) wife was hot...to bad she wasn't in the series
                        HA, actually I think she was in the miniseries. SHe was one of the people who won the lottery to ride the raptor off Caprica. Also, I think that actress is Edward James Olmos's wife
                        Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
                        Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                          I thought it was funny that Ron Moore said we'd never find out who Six met on Caprica then Jane Whatever_her_name_is made it one of the first scenes in the film
                          Her name is Jane Espenson and she isn't just anybody but has been the writer and producer for Buffy, Angel, Gillmore Girls, Star Trek: TNG next to BSG and she is currently writer/producer for Dollhouse, Caprica and Warehouse 12 -_-

For genre fans she is as well known as David R. Kelly or Shonda Rhimes for the general public and Shonda Rhimes has NOTHING under her belt except for Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice. -_-
                          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                          And he's wonderful.

Comment

I'm not really sure where she gets all the praise from, to be honest.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              I'm not really sure where she gets all the praise from, to be honest.
                              if your talking about jane it mostly from her days as a writer on buffy and angel she did really good on those shows. but as of bsg awful

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                                if your talking about jane it mostly from her days as a writer on buffy and angel she did really good on those shows. but as of bsg awful
                                Which is my point exactly....nothing good lately, nothing good back then
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X