it was leaked that sucks
    That stuff happens.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The actress who was the human wife of the Simon and a 'knucker dragger' on Galactica put in an awesome performance! The character got a nookie scene too LOL
      sigpic
      Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

Loved it, got boosegumps at the end with Cavil's monologue.
        My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
          Loved it, got boosegumps at the end with Cavil's monologue.
          That was from the last season, they added it in at the end. It really hit home the 1s point of view though. I'd be pissed off stuck in that body too.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
            Her name is Jane Espenson and she isn't just anybody but has been the writer and producer for Buffy, Angel, Gillmore Girls, Star Trek: TNG next to BSG and she is currently writer/producer for Dollhouse, Caprica and Warehouse 12 -_-

For genre fans she is as well known as David R. Kelly or Shonda Rhimes for the general public and Shonda Rhimes has NOTHING under her belt except for Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice. -_-
            I know who she was just couldn't think of her surname at the time, wasn't slagging her off I just thought it amusing they'd write a scene into the film that we'd previously been told wouldn't be concluded, that's all.

Oh and where can I watch this wonderful Warehouse 12 she's written that you mention?

(That's a joke for anybody who's had a sense of humour failure today)

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
            A very nice set of... eyes. In BSG it felt totally fine but if that happened in a scene in SGU man I could smell the flame threads. "EYES on stargate now!?!"
            Give it time, I'm surprised we didn't get titty, sorry a close up of eyes, in the last episode tbh, I'm sure the SGU writers have that one up their sleeve for later in the series (well they've pinched most of the storyline from BSG so why stop with just the story?), mind you the Blonde one on SGU has nice eyes as far as I can tell, wouldn't mind a closer look at them if the writers insisted on it
            Last edited by Ian-S; 26 October 2009, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Was incredibly dissapointed with 'The Plan'.

I've loved ALL of BSG, but this... nope.

It felt disjointed, fragmented, lacking in anything tangible tying it together, and it essentially told us that there really was no plan what so ever. It just.. bored me.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

'The Plan' was lousy. It felt like a poorly put together clip show with so many clips of previously seen footage.

The only hope it has of good sales are the folks who heard it has some nudity expecting to see one of the stars in the buff. That crowd will be disappointed in 'The Plan' as well.

Comment

i am a diehard fan of this series and i now know the plan ......
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It was good, and it answered some questions..... and i am shocked to say this, but there is one Cavil that I did not want to die.

Avid Cavil hater.... lol!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Do I still need to spoilerize things? Guess it couldn't hurt

Spoiler:
                      I was let down by the movie. I had expected more. For a movie with a claim to cover the war from the Cylon perspective you'd think they would cover THE WHOLE WAR! Not just the first half of it. That said, the movie did have it's good points.

What I liked
                      -the Cylon attack. That was impressive.
                      -filling in the bits and pieces from the early eps. Like who Caprica Six met with and more of Boomer freaking out.
                      -most of Cavil's scenes. Knifing the boy was a shock.

What I didn't like
                      -Not enough D'Anna!! I found her to be one of the most interesting and compelling characters in the series. She had what, one (reused) scene here and no lines? For shame...
                      -I wanted to see more what happened with the Cylons leading up to and including the New Caprica occupation.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

all this has happen before ....and sadly it may never happen again.

IMHO this i was one of the finest chapters in the bsg series. I love that ron,jane and david connected the missing dots and we finally got some answers.

i will admit i was surprised that the cylons had a bit of a strong hold right in the galactica itself. cavil could pull the strings and no one knew the difference. i love that simon,and boomer both couldn't complete their missions as cavil intended maybe the five did make the 7 models more human then he realized.

as for the beginning the attacks on the colonies was brilliant especially the CGI and how it was depicted on the ground seeing dead bodies and buildings burning really hit home.

and finally you can't beat how the story surrounded the five.... cavil expected them to die and then thank him for making them realize that humans are not worth saving. but frak was he wrong..Ellen slapped cavil in the face with her comment about how changing people is wrong. tory survived the nuclear strike. saul and sam were safe and not realizing that their were part of a bigger plan that never came to forwishen.

overall 10/9 it was only missing what happen in season 3-4
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The Plan was interesting. As its own, it was decent enough, and it's better to be a lump of a movie like this one instead of spread out throughout the episodes; some bits in The Plan would've cluttered up the actual series, and this was a decent way to tie up some loose ends.

We've seen enough of the Threes in my opinion, so the lack of D'Anna was fine by me. The two Cavil's were a blast to watch. There's one who tries to pull the strings on Galactica and one who plays with the resistance on Caprica. The One on Caprica who would eventually be boxed by his Galactica counterpart was intriguing, and I did like the scene with him and a random Six (Or was it Caprica Six?) in the forest. The entire One model votes against a truce, and the Caprica-One decides its for the best. Cool stuff.

I'm glad Doral and Simon had their moments, both of them being severely underused throughout the series. Doral's little quip about his counterpart having a different jacket was hilarious, but Cavil did have a point: The Doral's have really done jack-all. Simon, complete with wife and child, was very interesting. The Boomer/Chief parallels with him and his wife, Gianna (From the miniseries, which was cool), were well handled, and I especially liked the scene with Gianna and Chief talking about it all.

Leobon's obsession with Starbuck was creepy. 'Nuff said.

And finally, the last scene with the Final Five in the hallway as the Cavils get led to their doom was fantastic.

Overall, the movie was okay, but it was the more individual things that made it slightly better. I'm still not entirely sure what the Plan was beyond Cavil's machinations, but meh.
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I thought it was funny Simon got some before he died.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if I like this better than Razor or not but I think I do. I think 2 more hours of Dean Stockwell as Cavil was enough to do it. So many great lines and I just love his character in this. Definitely one of my favorite villains in Sci-fi.

The redone attack on the colonies from the Cylon perspective was also probably one of the most intense moments in the series. The voice over from the hybrid and the awesome score really put it over the top and I love the little easter egg they threw into her rambling. "Everyone hang onto the lap bar please".

Comment

he has a unique personality among Cylons.....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X