The plains of Leonis are burning.
    The jungles of Scorpia are burning.
    The pastures of Tauron are burning.
    The harbours of Picon are burning.
    The cities of Caprica are burning.
    The oceans of Aquaria are burning.
    The courthouses of Libran are burning.
    The forests of Virgon are burning.
    The colonies of man lie trampled at our feet.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

didn't the hybrid say something like "twelve battles (over) three stars...."

not sure if she said the over bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
        didn't the hybrid say something like "twelve battles (over) three stars...."

not sure if she said the over bit.
        "Twelve battles, three stars, and yet we are countless as the bodies in which we dwell; are both parent and infinite children in perfect copies; no degradation ... The makers of the makers fall before the child. ... Access the defense system ... handshake, handshake, second level clear ... accepting scan, love outlasts death ... their ships failed, skittering like skipping stones ... which is meaningless in the absence of time. What never was is never again."

Comment

I just read the synopsis and based on it, I like how the hard and fast events where elaborated upon. Although it wasn't stated or clarified, I would have like it if Brother Cavil had had Caprica Cavil boxed because of his getting the bit about the God of the Cylons and Final Five loving humanity.
          The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

i think near the end when the 1's are telling the fleet that killing the 12 colonies was a mistake i think that's where cavil may have gotten the motivation to take saul's eye out. saul was the one who wanted to airlock them and if you notice how dean played the scene he gave saul such a ugly look.

Comment

oh i didn't catch the fact that the boys name was john ...

Comment

it's almost like they had this stack of cut scenes or writers table scenes of backstory and just cobbled them together for a DVD

I was kinda thinking we'd get more 'why kill the humans' or the drama leading up to killing hte humans

it wasn't horrible, just wasn't anything i'd regret not knowing
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

it explained leobhan's fascination with Kara

he listened to her on the radio and 'fell' for her

as to the centurions, i'm sure hte chip was the idea of one of the original 5. they, as skin jobs, are weaker than the centurions, so they likely came up with the idea of the chip to protect themselves. (and if all the skins treat the centuriouns like cavil did, hey they'd need the chip cause I'd want to slap him)
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I just watched it and while I liked it, especially how they filled in some blanks - like disappearance of the Six that accused Baltar. I would have liked to have seen some more meat to the story. I get that the jist of it is the 1's out to off the human race and the other models coming to the realization about what it means to love, but even that wasn't stressed continuously throughout the story.

I would have liked to have seen the confrontation between the one's and the final five when it all went south and he airlocked them.

Comment

I also would have liked to have seen what happened to the Olympic Carrier. Also, what was the deal with the Six that was frackin' the Number 1? what happened to her?

Oh and they could have at least cut down the number of basestars to make them consistent with the numbers seen throughout the series. A pet peeve of mine is that in the series, they made them out to be numerous, but in the end just a handful

Comment

Bumped for whoever was looking for it in the mod thread.

I saw this way back when Skiffy aired it. It answered/expanded upon a couple of things but meh overall.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Thanks LoneStar for bumping this thread for me.

A bit disjointed for my liking. If there was a coherent plan, I certainly didn't see it. But I'm very glad they finally told Simon's story properly, he was severely under-used in the show.

Brother Cavil certainly confused me, given that in the show one Number One boxed Number Three for killing herself repeatedly so that she could see the Final Five in the Opera House and seemed to completely deny the existence of the Five.

The nudity didn't bother me (I assume it was edited out on Skiffy), but seemed out of place most of the time. As if it had been put there just for its shock value.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                            Thanks LoneStar for bumping this thread for me.
                            You're welcome.

A bit disjointed for my liking. If there was a coherent plan, I certainly didn't see it. But I'm very glad they finally told Simon's story properly, he was severely under-used in the show.
                            I liked that particular Simon's story, even though it was sad. And I agree he was underused on the show.

Yeah, the "plan" was kind of lost on me as well, but I'm guessing it mostly revolved around Cavil's anger at the final 5 and his desire to prove to them his view of humanity. They are sent to live among the humans. Cylons attack and wipeout humanity and "kill" the Final 5 among them who then resurrect and see the error of their ways and embrace Cavil's view, but that didn't happen so the plan went off the rails when they didn't kill the final 5 in the initial attacks.

The nudity didn't bother me (I assume it was edited out on Skiffy), but seemed out of place most of the time. As if it had been put there just for its shock value.
                            It was as I don't remember any.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                              Thanks LoneStar for bumping this thread for me..
                              i posted the link on your vm wall. long before this.

Comment

It was nice to see the cylon side of the story.
                                But there's one thing that doesnt really make sense to me.
                                Brother Cavil resurrects the final five 10 months before the attack on the colonies, but Adama has known Tigh for years.. how can that be?

Btw did Brother Cavil kill the kid because his name was John?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X