Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's kinda ironic that this is called the Plan when during the entire series was this really the plan? It would have been nice to see these stuff during the run of the series rather than going back when the series is over and see where and how to insert new stuff to what's already there. I'm not a writer but this is really a really bad plan.

Comment

I just saw "the Plan" and I have to say that I think they frakked this one up :-\ The intentions were good and I am sure it also looked good on paper but it did't really work on screen. This felt even more like an epitaph then the last Bond movie in a way.

Spoiler:
      There were of course interesting bits. For example we finally find out with whom Caprica six was meeting on the day of the bombing, how Boomer was activated and it was sad to see how torn and anguished Boomer was. Whern she told Cavil that she loves her human self, that she is happy as a human, that she loves who she is...I really felt for her. It explains why Boomer was so frakked up after her resurrection. She really lost her mind in a way. It was also interesting to see how and why Leoben singled out Kara though this movie gave us now even more questions. Why was Leoben also painting that thing that Kara was also painting and why did he have that vision of their future on New Caprica? The whole storyline around Simon felt a bit redundant and who was the trashy, brunette Six. We never saw her before (or I conveniently forgot about her) and I didn't see her purpose in the movie except for Tricia showing off her half naked body again. The only message i got was that basically all models failed thanks to love. Simon committed suicide (for real since he couldn't resurrect) because he loved his wife so much and couldn't bear doing something against humanity or her finding out that he is not human, Sharon wasn't able to kill the old man, Athena truly fell in love with Helo and switched sides, Leoben had this weird thing going for Kara and last but not least Caprica Six was besotted with good ol' Gaius. The only one who hated humanity with all his guts was Carvil yet he wasn't able to kill Kara when he had the chance. The cylons really were doomed from the very beginning. Regarding THE PLAN. From what I gathered the whole plan was to educated the final Five and change them, only to find out that they can' t be changed. If that was the plan then I have to say that it was an incredibly weak plan and the execution left a whole lot to be desired. The movie itself also didn't work. Due to its nature we didn't get a real story but just fractures. Bit and pieces. Little insertion to already existing story lines. Like I said. Something like that works on paper and I have to admit that it sounded cool but the finished product was basically a mess. There was something that kinda worked. The explanation why Ellen reacted the way she had when she downloaded into that new body. Why she wasn't surprised because she knew. She knew the whole frakking time what was going on. Both Anders and Ellen had flashes back to their old lives and said that all of this has happened before. Ellen remembered being wounded and Saul trying to rescue her. When she was badly wounded Carvil addressed her as mom and Saul as dad

Ellen : Please ...find Saul
      Carvil: Mmmm dear papa. He is here. Of the five who created all the rest of us, four are in this fleet. Only father Sam is missing. It's amazing. Does it seem cruel to keep you alive? It is cruel who am I kidding but it is also necessary. For thirty years you have failed to see the moral failures of humanity....

Ellen was awake. She was in a lot of pain but she was conscious and she heard it all. She must have made the connections and seeing the two Carvils together and knowing that they are Cylons...so Ellen knew yet she didn't do anything. This is really confusing.

Another problem was that the movie covered only the first season of BSG. Does that mean there will be at least another two movies? Errr as much as I love BSG but no thank you. I don't need another epitaph movie of that kind. :-\

Also I really missed Mary
      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
      And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
        I just saw "the Plan" and I have to say that I think they frakked this one up :-\ The intentions were good and I am sure it also looked good on paper but it did't really work on screen. This felt even more like an epitaph then the last Bond movie in a way.

Also I really missed Mary
        I'm with ya. But it is always nice to see the Old Man/Admiral again. You brought up Mary McDonnell and you're right! She's nowhere to be found in this movie. What the frak?

Anyway I hope there's more of these movies. I hope Caprica will fill my needs for this world because right now Stargate Universe is starting to feel very pale right now. They shouldn't try to copy what BSG did, no one could so why bother?

Comment

Did I spot a (nice uncut but limp) dick around 1 hour in the movie?

Comment

i spotted lots of nice boobies in the movie=much better than that^

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
              i spotted lots of nice boobies in the movie=much better than that^
              That's a matter of point of view.

Comment

I went in not really knowing what to expect, not really on board with it but wanting to be convinced. I've come out not liking it at all.

Spoiler:
                A lot of it is just plain awkward, the storytelling has to leap all over the place just to try and make itself fit in. I got to about halfway through and I very seriously considered shutting it off. Not because I hated it per se, it's just that I felt like I was wasting my time watching what I'd already seen while something else was awkwardly trying to make it all fit together--and it just didn't work.

Making Cavil hold HR meetings to dole out assignments to the various Cylons in the fleet in season 1 was absolutely ridiculous, and it seemed more than a bit ridiculous that Sharon was suddenly full-blown schizophrenic. I guess I can see the other side of that too, what with her not remembering her Cylon time, but it just doesn't feel right. It doesn't work for me. And if she was full blown schizo, why the hell does she only have the Sharon personality come 'Downloaded'?

And what the flying frak was up with Leoben fingerpainting the mandala? That was Kara's childhood weirdness, and Leoben hadn't even heard of her till he started listening to the radio chatter. I guess anything goes in a "God did it" series, but it was a serious megawtf moment.

I guess the big new story idea was to add in the Domesticated Simon and his Spanish Wife. But that fell pretty flat too. Lots of potential for a new angle there, the whole trying to impregnate humans thing, and it gets squandered. He goes from Mr. Family Man to having a hissy fit, wanting to tango in the middle of the night, and demanding to blow up his ship. Uh....yeah.... For that matter, where did that Simon end up resurrecting and why haven't we seen an emotionally broken Simon as a result of it? We've certainly seen it in other emotionally invested Cylons. And as long as I'm on Simon, why even bother with a whole new Simon like this--why not go back to the one who was in the Colonial Fleet tent at the beginning of Razor?

One of the only things I found interesting was Sam's rebellion story, even though it wasn't especially well played out. It was shallow, very shallow. It got interesting during the confession for sure, but shortly went back to being flat and underdeveloped.

Perhaps most interesting in the whole thing, though, was Whore Six. Yes there are obvious reasons for liking her () but I'm really impressed with how well Tricia Helfer was able to take the role and run with it. For someone whose first real acting gig was BSG, she's done an outstanding job of taking the same character and acting it from so many different points of view.

So maybe it's not quite so out of place as a jamming a square peg in a round hole. But it still doesn't really fit. Maybe....trying to jam a hexagonal peg in a round hole It almost fits, but it just won't work.

I'm not upset that this isn't part of my Complete Series BD set. And I'm very satisfied I watched this at a buddy's and didn't waste any of my own money on it.

And that's a shame. I frakking love BSG.

Looking forward to the inevitable Razor/The Plan soundtrack release though. Bear always does wonderful stuff, and I'll be thrilled even to just have the theme variation from the end credits.
                Last edited by DigiFluid; 19 October 2009, 12:31 PM.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I took the credits theme for myself

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Looking forward to the inevitable Razor/The Plan soundtrack release though. Bear always does wonderful stuff, and I'll be thrilled even to just have the theme variation from the end credits.
                    Looks like we basically had the same reaction and yeah I am also looking forward to Bear's next soundtrack. I ripped the main theme from the end credits right away because I loved it so much.
                    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                      I agree. I wasn't impressed. It was interesting, don't get me wrong, and it did fill in some gaps, but as a movie, it wasn't very good. I do think Dean Stockwell did a great job though. When you truly despise the villain, then you know the actor portraying that villain did his/her job; and I can say that after The Plan, I truly despise the Cavil character.
                      sigpic
                      FOX Network

Comment

Spoiler:
                        "Everything blows up a week ago"

"Let's get this genocide started."

ripped the main theme from the end credits right away because I loved it so much.
                        Glad I'm not alone!

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Ellen was awake. She was in a lot of pain but she was conscious and she heard it all. She must have made the connections and seeing the two Carvils together and knowing that they are Cylons...so Ellen knew yet she didn't do anything. This is really confusing.

Last time I was semi-concious
                          Spoiler:
                          and someone told me something I never remembered the conversation until they reminded me of it years later, it's quiet easy to forget things when you're drifting in and out of a coma.

Overall it was nice to see a few plot holes plugged and anything with Dean Stockwell playing the baddie is worth watching, but as a movie it sucked. They did a very good job of weaving it within the existing story but it really should have been half hour longer and started at the end of the first Cylon war and with Cavil's birth.

OVerall it was BSG so I enjoyed it

Comment

Did anyone else enjoy
                            Spoiler:
                            the stock footage addition of D'Anna? It's good to know they actually kept her in without actually being in.

Spoiler:
                            Cavil mentioned something about his Number Three going her own way so..reporter time!

Comment

This felt like a "clip" show more then anything. Very unsatisfying.

Spoiler:
                              It would have been nice to see (even in fragments or flash backs at first) story from the original five.. from their war, to their travel back to the colonies and to the end of the first Cylon war. See them doing the deal and giving the cylons resurrection technology and the creation of their "children".

I was truly hoping we would see something about Daniel and then we could see how it upset Cavil enough to decide to wreak revenge on his creators. See the "plan" start up and then continue on to fail like it did would have been a much better result IMO.

Comment

Was an interesting film.

I enjoyed it because it was BSG but felt like it was a let down because of how it was only upto the end of season 1?

Comment

Working...
                                X