This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
    i'm not sure if you misunderstood the entire show, of if you just aren't watching
    You talking to me, then tell which bit I misunderstood .

Comment

Surely there's the possibility of, and I know this is complicated so stick with me (), there being two characters in the BSG-verse called "Daniel". One is the creator of the Cylons on the 12 colonies, a primary character in "Caprica", whilst the other is the lost seventh model of human cylons built by the Final Five. Is it not possible that as Ellen named #1 after her father, the Centurions named #7 after theirs?
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

The problem with that is that the organic models in Caprica were suppose to be created by a rival of Adarma dad to replace their son or daughter who were killed in an accident. This was all in the treatment for the series and could be subject to change. I would thought their would have to be pretty radical changes if everything we know from BSG turn out to be 100% truth.
        My 2nd idea in previous post does solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
          Surely there's the possibility of, and I know this is complicated so stick with me (), there being two characters in the BSG-verse called "Daniel". One is the creator of the Cylons on the 12 colonies, a primary character in "Caprica", whilst the other is the lost seventh model of human cylons built by the Final Five. Is it not possible that as Ellen named #1 after her father, the Centurions named #7 after theirs?
          Exactly. It could also be he was randomly named "Daniel", for all we know. There is no plot hole.

Spoiler:
          "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
          ---Bill Adama

Comment

Since the above discussion is to deep for me at this moment, I will go back to the thread theme - I heard about the title Battlestar Galactica - The Plan, and I went to the IMDB database, and it listed the actors, but no description of the plot.

Status is listed as post production, directed by Edward Olmos, and includes several of the cylon models such as Grace Park, Tricia Helfer, and all of the final five except Tory!

Release date is supposed to be June 2009
            ---------------------
            sigpic
            Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
              Since the above discussion is to deep for me at this moment, I will go back to the thread theme - I heard about the title Battlestar Galactica - The Plan, and I went to the IMDB database, and it listed the actors, but no description of the plot.

Status is listed as post production, directed by Edward Olmos, and includes several of the cylon models such as Grace Park, Tricia Helfer, and all of the final five except Tory!

Release date is supposed to be June 2009
              No Tory! Ahhh, now you're just being nice...

Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to seeing the story from the Cylons' perspective. It's really a good idea for another TV movie, fleshing out a big chapter of Battlestar history that's been more or less untouched in the series. The concept is actually even better than Razor's, which despite being a good TV movie, really just showed Cane's decent into madness (from Shaw's perspective) for the Pegasus portion.

Like many of the others here, I find myself wondering when exactly the movie will start, chronologically speaking, though I know seeing all twelve models together at once will be cool, not matter when it starts. Well, since not all the Cylon actors have signed on yet, hopefully the movie would include all the Cylon models, maybe even give those poor Fours and Fives some lines now and then.
              Last edited by Vis Uban; 12 March 2009, 01:57 PM.

Comment

hmmmm looks interesting. what does everyone else thing?

Comment

Looks interesting.

Good to finally find out what happened to Godfrey.
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I can't wait! I am sad that BSG is gone and Caprica doesn't look as good so I hope this helps fill the void!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                      Looks interesting.

Good to finally find out what happened to Godfrey.
                      you just care because she a 6
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I think we need the Plan to provide some rousing good fun.
                        ---------------------
                        sigpic
                        Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

I already started a thread on this, sorry for being an annoying fracker! But I did....
                          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

http://trekmovie.com/2009/06/06/sci-...oner-sgu-more/

comments from EJO about the movie no spoilers

Edward James Olmos Talks Battlestar Galactica: The Plan
                            "Battlestar Galactica" actor Edward James Olmos directed the upcoming DVD movie "Battlestar Galactica: The Plan" (out this September) and told audience members gathered at a panel discussion arranged by the Los Angeles Times that the movie will deliver fully on its premise: showing the Cylons’ perspective on their attempted genocide of humanity:

EJO: "I gotta tell you, not to give anything away, it is exactly what you think it is," Olmos said. "You see the complete opposite of the first 281 days of what we went through, … seen through the eyes of the Cylons, and it is breathtaking. It’s fantastic. It’s not fun, but I will say that you will sit there [gasping]."

The DVD also seems to be the definitive version of the movie, as the SCI FI airing will be cut to 88 minutes, while the DVD version will run a full 2 hours and 6 minutes. Olmos also singled out two key players in the project: writer Jane Espenson, and lead actor Dean Stockwell:

EJO: "I have to tell you right now, Dean Stockwell is a brilliant artist," Olmos said. "He does a magnificent job of leading The Plan. The Plan is exactly that. It was how they planned to do what they did and what happened. It was monumental. All I can tell you is it’s an extraordinary look at the Cylons, how they masterminded what they did."

sounds awesome and with eddie directing should be even better

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000 View Post
                              I can't wait! I am sad that BSG is gone and Caprica doesn't look as good so I hope this helps fill the void!
                              Caprica is awesome

Comment

For those who HUNGER for another HALO JUMP into the Galactica Universe aside from the CAPRICA series I juggest you read DYNAMITE PUBLISHINGS - BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: THE FINAL FIVE

[01] PART 1 of 4

Spoiler:
                                ... KOBAL 4000 years ago, was ingulfed in chaos the rantings of the anarchist Pythia and The 13th Tribe were the beginning of the End of life on KOBAL.

- The Quarum of 12 on Kobal supported attacks against the 13th Tribe
                                - Michael Tigh one of the 13 is involved with Pythia
                                - Pythia the same one who writtes The Book of Pythia has revealed things that won't happen for thousands of years to Michael Tigh

"They all burn. All of them, embers from a flame,
                                dots disappearing into the sun. And I'm there, a
                                ship... In a storm, I'm lost."

"I see the destination. The end point, its so clear
                                to me. It ends in fire. On Aurora's wings, at a
                                place called Earth."

- Michael Tigh & Pythia are killed by Magnus Baltar
                                - An old man tries to help one of the 13th but ends up being critically wounded. After his DNA is extracted he is reborn a member of the 13th Tribe his name is John Cavil
                                - After the 13th Tribe leaves KOBAL Michael Tigh is visited by 1 of The Lords of Kobal (Head Six) who visited Pythia until her death

[02] PART 2 of 4

Spoiler:
                                ... Decades have past since The 13th Tribe left Kobal but as they make their way through a high level radiation cluster their ships are attacked by ships from KOBAL and from within by sabatoge caused by Magnus Baltar

- (Head Six) urges Tigh to follow the attacking ships through the belt of radiation they were navigating through. When they emerge from it they have reached (The Algae Planet) and its here that Pythia returns as a Colonial Pilot. Pythia stops Michael Tigh from killing Magnus and uses Magnus as The Messenger of the Messenger for the Human race.

- (Head Six) tells Michael Tigh several things

"Now do you understand?"

"She's one of us. You call us The Lords of Kobal.
                                We prefer other terms."

"We don't involve ourselves in your petty affairs.
                                We simply, offer guidance."

"But there's always been one who couldn't follow
                                the rules. Who couldn't ignore her low basic urges."

"We call her Aurora and it seems she isn't willing to let you fail.
                                That isn't the woman you loved. She's an imposter. A rogue God

- Magnus Balter leaves the Algae planet in the Viper MK II that Pythia arrived in and travels to Kobal he then guides the human race to their destination just as The 13th Tribe reaches Earth.

- The last page is of Michael Tigh, Pythia and their son Saul looking at their new home

Comment

Working...
                                X