series chronology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

series chronology

I currently re-watching the series, and have some questions about where some things fit in.

To this point I've seen the miniseries, season 1, season 2 & season 2.5. I was wondering where I go from here.

Do I go directly to season 3, or do some of the webisodes fit in at this point?

Also, where exactly does Razor fit in? And the various webisodes?

The 'Resistance' webisodes are set and originally aired between Season 2.5 and Season 3, and are set chronologically in that period. For some incomprehensible reason, these appear on disc 2 of the Season 3 set, rather than disc 1, but they belong between 2.20 'LDYB Part 2' and 3.01 'Occupation'.

'Razor' is technically set right after 2.17 'The Captain's Hand', but was produced and aired between seasons 3 and 4. Its corresponding webisodes are actually integrated right into the movie so there's no need to worry about them. There's just a couple bonus clips (on the 'Razor' DVD) that didn't fit into the final film cut, but really have no bearing on the series whatsoever.

The new set of webisodes, 'The Face of the Enemy', aired between 4.10 'Revelations' and 4.11 'Sometimes A Great Notion', and were set chronologically sometime during/around 4.12 'A Disquiet Follows My Soul' (but absolutely prior to 4.13 'The Oath').
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

"The Resistance" webisodes aren't crucial to watching BSG btw, but are quite decent (if you can get hold of them, they're only "legit" in the US and Oz. The Razor flashbacks are kind of interesting but a bit poorly-written. You will wince at the sheer improbability of what happens when Young Adama is forced to eject over a planet, promise! The Face of the Enemy webisodes are kind of interesting also, but again not crucial to the show. They explain some of Gaeta's "concerns" which are addressed in S4.5

So, your running order (assuming you want to watch everything) should be:

Season 1
      Season 2
      WE: The Resistance
      Season 3
      WE: Razor Flashbacks
      Razor (actually S4.0 E1)
      Season 4.0
      WE: Face of the Enemy
      Season 4.5
      Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
        "The Resistance" webisodes aren't crucial to watching BSG btw, but are quite decent (if you can get hold of them, they're only "legit" in the US and Oz. The Razor flashbacks are kind of interesting but a bit poorly-written. You will wince at the sheer improbability of what happens when Young Adama is forced to eject over a planet, promise! The Face of the Enemy webisodes are kind of interesting also, but again not crucial to the show. They explain some of Gaeta's "concerns" which are addressed in S4.5

So, your running order (assuming you want to watch everything) should be:

Season 1
        Season 2
        WE: The Resistance
        Season 3
        WE: Razor Flashbacks
        Razor (actually S4.0 E1)
        Season 4.0
        WE: Face of the Enemy
        Season 4.5
        What you talking about? That part was awesome. Shows much of a badass adama is.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
        X