Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 4 Hopes/Fears/Predictions !

'Heroes' gets renewed for season 4

Heroes will return to fight another day. NBC's entertainment president, Angela Bromstad, told The Hollywood Reporter that the network plans to order 18-20 episodes for next season, the show's fourth. The announcement erases concerns that the action series, which has failed to recapture its season 1 buzz or ratings, might be canceled. So far this season, Heroes ranks 56th in the Nielsen ratings, but is tied with The Office as the network's top-rated series among adults 18-49

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/03/nbc-rescues-her.html

This thread is to discusses your hopes, fears and predicitons for the shows 4th season.

Some possible thought/questions:-
    Which cast members do you think will be back? Is there anyone you dont want to see back? Are there any other past characters youd like to? Wat with the Fugatives lead into?
    Last edited by Madwelshboy; 07 March 2009, 06:21 AM.

'Heroes' scoop: Early sneak peek at season 4!

The ink on NBC's unofficial renewal of Heroes is barely dry and already the show's producers are looking ahead to the fourth season. Truth be told, they've been looking ahead for some time now.

"We've spent a lot of time in the writers room talking about what season 4 is going to look like," consulting producer Bryan Fuller told me earlier this week. (At the time he was cautiously optimistic about the show's chances of returning.)

Fuller says the final moments of the season 3 finale will set the stage for what's to come in the fall. "Basically, the last act of episode 25, similar to what's been done in the past, opens up a new chapter of Heroes. It sets up arcs for a variety of characters."

That's particularly true in the case of Claire, Fuller says. "We set all the pieces up in terms of Claire's attitude and what her trajectory is going to be in season 4. You will have a very strong idea by the end of this season's final episode where Claire is going and what's going to be happening with the Petrellis."

Of course, the bigger question is whether anyone will care where they're going. Personally, based on what I'm hearing about this season's final batch of episodes, I actually do care. But enough about me, let's talk about you: What do you think of Heroes' early (and still unofficial) pickup? Relieved? Indifferent? None of the above? Sound off below!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/...-scoop-ea.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
      'Heroes' gets renewed for season 4

Heroes will return to fight another day. NBC's entertainment president, Angela Bromstad, told The Hollywood Reporter that the network plans to order 18-20 episodes for next season, the show's fourth. The announcement erases concerns that the action series, which has failed to recapture its season 1 buzz or ratings, might be canceled. So far this season, Heroes ranks 56th in the Nielsen ratings, but is tied with The Office as the network's top-rated series among adults 18-49

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/03/nbc-rescues-her.html

This thread is to discusses your hopes, fears and predicitons for the shows 5th season.

Some possible thought/questions:-
      Which cast members do you think will be back? Is there anyone you dont want to see back? Are there any other past characters youd like to? Wat with the Fugatives lead into?
      5th? Im glad its back, but i dont think i would have cared if it hadn't. so my hope is it gets back to its season 1 high
      People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Volume 5 will be called Redemption

http://spoilertv-heroes.blogspot.com...clipse-17.html

Comment

I am really glad that Heroes has been renewed for another season. I still really enjoy this show.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Can you give us a sense of what volume five will be?

Spoiler:
            Lee: Well, I don't know exactly in terms of the direction of the arc of the volume, but you will get a little taste at the season finale. I can say that you will meet a new female baddie. I think Joe [Pokaski] and Aaron [Eli Coleite], our writers, kind of revealed that, gave that little teaser on their blog. You know what it is? The characters that we all came to know from the first season, I think we're sort of going back to the reality of their lives, meaning these are characters that actually live and they have to go back to their personal lives and whatnot, and the consequences of that after going through such an odd, supernatural series of events.
            http://scifiwire.com/2009/03/heroes-...es-us-spoi.php

Comment

I think when he said Season 5 he meant Volume 5.

Anyways, my fear is that they'll continue to nerf people. I really want super Peter and Time Travelling Hiro back.

I hope the Hiro will start to develop consistantly. What I didn't like about his story this year was that he was finally at that point a maturing and then they hit the reset button on him. For some reason, Ando is growing and maturing at a better rate. Hiro is really the star of the show to me. And they need to get him back on track.

Peter finally matures as a character and they nerf his power. I have always seen him the check for Sylar. Maybe he will touch Sylar and take his power.

I am hoping Claire grows to being more than eye candy and a plot device.

I fear they'll try to tell too many stories and confuse people.

Comment

From DS interview with Jack Coleman:-

How much do you know about the next season and how much are you told? How much do you want to know, even?
                "We always want to know everything! But from what they tell us now to what we're going to end up doing in three months' time, a lot changes. So I have an idea of what's happening next season but whatever idea I have will be quite a bit different. They haven't started writing scripts yet. The writers get a week off and then they're right back at it. I think one of the things that is good is that it's slowing down a little bit and when you watch an episode – at the end of the episode, as you said before, you know what you've just watched. You know what happened and you know who it was about, as opposed to a frenzy of story and effects and things blowing up. It's much more focused."

Greg caused a bit of chaos on the internet, on his Twitter, a couple of weeks ago suggesting that the show might not be back...
                "He didn't suggest that, he said 'We're saying goodbye at the end of the season and we don't know who's back – we don't know who of us is back'. He was referring mostly to crew. The actors are one of 200 people on the set and these are people we work with every day. I mean I'll work with James from Props and Wendy from Makeup more than I'm going to work with any of the other actors! So when he said 'we're saying goodbye to everybody' I really think that's what he meant and when I read the comment – what he literally said – I think it was much more about the crew. Some crew members take other jobs, some come back, some don't and I think that's really more what it was. But it seems like it maybe forced NBC's hand to come out and say 'no no no no!'"

And they've picked you up for 18 episodes next year, haven't they?
                "Eighteen to twenty, yeah. But it's also partly because we're going to start early enough that we can finish by Christmas without an interruption. Then they have the Olympics so we would be pre-empted a month centrally anyway, and I think that's why we're talking about a slightly shorter run."

Do you reckon that'll be one volume or two?
                "Probably two, but I don't know – I'm just guessing. If it's twenty episodes I'm almost sure it'll be two volumes, but if it's eighteen episodes it might be one – I don't know. It'll depend on when they sit down to figure out exactly what stories and what amount of time they want to tell in the first say, ten episodes. But if it's twenty episodes it'll probably be two volumes."
                http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a1512...rg-speaks.html

Comment

Redemption Hint

Spoiler:
                  The hour ends with a teaser for “Redemption,” the next story arc in the series. “We flash-forward three months and see the return of a character a lot of fans thought would never come back,” Kring says. “We also see Sylar shape-shifting yet again, and who he becomes is a real shocker. It’s the goofiest thing we’ve done yet-and I mean that in a good way!”

http://www.heroestheseries.com/clair...ad-wtf-moment/

Comment

Spoiler:
                    8) The end of the episode will lead into Volume 5: Redemption and we will meet the new female baddie
                    9) In season 4 we will learn more about Young Angela and her young friends and of course more about the early days of The Company

http://spoilertv-heroes.blogspot.com...nd-beyond.html

Comment

The Path to Redemption:

Spoiler:
                      For us fans, season three isn't done yet, but the writers are already back working on season four, and according to Bryan Fuller it really will be a brave new era for the show. Bryan tells us, "Fugitives was such a dark chapter in the history of Heroes, so we look at Redemption as a unifying theme for next season. We're going to see redemption for all of the characters in one respect or another. Our goal going into season four is taking every character and making that character's story evolve into an entire series. We just want the smorgasbord of Heroes to be as satisfying for everybody." Smorgasbord or no, among those Heroes getting a special treatment next year is Masi Oka's Hiro Nakamura. Bryan Fuller says that, "The Hiro story for season four is the best story we've ever come up with for Hiro. It's so emotional and exciting and adventurous."

http://spoilertv-heroes.blogspot.com...sodes-and.html

Comment

And how does it set up things for next season?

"Last week we had a writers' retreat to talk about season four. It was pleasing that there was so much juice left in the berry, as it were! By the end of this season we've set up a fantastic arc for HRG, for the Petrellis, the Bennets. All of the main characters that are surviving the finale have great ways to propel them into new stories. We'll keep it grounded - now they've gone through the Fugitives arc, they can have their lives back but what do they then do with those lives?"
                        http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/blog/tubetalk/

Comment

Spoiler:
                          The show's writers have already started planning for the show's fifth volume, which will involve a series of mysterious deaths. Or could they be murders?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fewer-He...s-1005382.aspx

Comment

Heroes' Adrian Pasdar: Fewer Episodes Will Be Better for Viewers

At least one Heroes cast member thinks the news that NBC is cutting the show's fourth-season episode count is a good thing.

Adrian Pasdar, who plays flying U.S. Senator Nathan Petrelli, said after working on such a long production schedule this season, shooting only 18 episodes will be "a relief."

"If things start shifting around, they can always add more at the end, but doing 25 episodes this year was nearly 11 months of work," Pasdar told TVGuide.com. "We love the work, but in order for the quality to be maintained, you can't just keep grinding it out.

"The pacing will be a little better — we were sometimes shooting three episodes at once, and there's no way that something doesn't slip through the cracks," Pasdar said. "It just gets crazy."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Pasdar-H...k-1005392.aspx

Comment

Volume 5 - Latest Details and Spoilers!!

http://spoilertv-heroes.blogspot.com...-spoilers.html

Comment

Working...
                              X