This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Book of Origin & the Wisdom of the Ori

Found this article (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Stargate_SG-1/Ori) on WikkiQoute with verses & parables from the Book of Origin - Enjoy!

Verses:

• "And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."
    • "Hallowed are the Ori." (this mantra is repeated by all believers almost as punctuation. Considered Blasphemous if a non-believer speaks these words)
    • "Hallowed are the children of the Ori." (this mantra is said by the priors, which followed by the next mantra):
    • "Hallowed are we; hallowed are the Ori."
    • "The Ori need nothing from us."
    • "Is great knowledge, power, understanding not enough for you to revere the Ori?"
    • "Those who reject the path to enlightenment, must be destroyed."
    • "Those who stray must be guided back to the path."
    • "The power and the greatness of the Ori cannot be denied."
    • "Those who seek the path to enlightenment must not be led astray!"
    • "It is the will of the Ori, that we should spread Origin to all those blessed by their creation."
    • "What is a god, but a being that is worshipped by those beneath?"
    • "Believe in the truth of all things and you too may find the path to enlightenment."
    • "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
    • "Glorious are the Ori, who lead us to salvation, who did fight the evil that would doom us all to mortal sin. Did they defeat the old spirits and cast them out? And now, with the strength of our will, they do call upon us to prevail against the corruption of all unbelievers."
    • "Fear not the Ori, fear the darkness that would conceal the knowledge of the universe. Believe in the truth of all things, and you too may find the path to enlightenment."
    • "Guide us on the path that we may triumph over the enemy of our salvation and be with you in the end of ends on the planes of enlightenment."
    • "Those who abandon the path are evil."
    • "Blessed are those who walk in unison."
    • "And the people shall deliver the wicked into your divine judgment, where their sins shall be weighed in the balance of all that is just and true."
    • "Life and death, light and darkness, hope and despair. The rift was created, and on that day, the Ori were born. But the hatred of those who strayed from the true path festered and bloomed in the dark corners of the Avernakis to which they have been cast! And consumed by this hatred, they poisoned all they touched, bringing death, darkness and despair. And the souls of their victims knew no peace, until the Ori came and whispered to them: 'Sleep, for the end draws near!' And on that day all will rejoice, when the Ori come and lay them low."
    • "Those who follow the path of righteousness shall be raised up high."
    • "Ours is not to question, but to rejoice in their service, for they are perfection."
    • "Priors are beacons on the road to enlightenment."
    • "Pity not the blind man, for he is hindered not by the visions of this world, but rather pity yourselves, for he will see the light before you do."
    • "Those who reach enlightenment shall rejoice with the Ori forever."
    • "The book of Origin tell us that enemies of the Ori will show no mercy in their attempt to lead us astray from the true path, likewise we must attack with all the Strength which we have been given."
    • "...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."
    • "...then did Tilius say to the people of the low plains: seek not the wickedness amongst your neighbors, lest it find purchase in your own house." --quoted by Daniel Jackson from the Book of Origin in a (failed) attempt to convince the Ori fleet to abandon its invasion of the Milky Way at the Battle of P3Y-229. Bears a similarity to the famous Bible verse "Judge not, lest ye be judged."
    • "Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes."
    • "Make yourself one with the path, and the journey will lead you to eternity."
    • "Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, ships shall be built to carry our warriors out amongst the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished."
    • "Knowledge is power, but how you use that power defines whether if you are good, or evil." "The choice is yours. Believe in the power of the Ori, or be laid down unto the dust." -- Speech between Daniel Jackson and a Prior.
    • "The Ori do not shield this knowledge as others might, selfish in their powerful advantage. They lead you to their realm with the path that is laid out in the book of Origin. All you need do is follow their teachings."
    • "Hallowed are the Ori and those who follow."
    • "Only those who follow the path will rise up in the name of the Ori."
    • "Belief is the first step on the road to enlightenment."

Parables:

• "As he lay there, dying in the sun, the sand of desert all around him, Petaris spoke to the rock, not with his lips, but with his mind, and the rock wept tears of fresh water and his thirst was quenched."
    • "When Hannor Mir fell from above and learned to fly on the way down, that was a miracle."
    • "Amica strayed from the path of enlightenment. He was forgiven, and was allowed back on the path."
    • "Egidius of Valdair needed to speak things that could only be spoken in the light of the fire." (to the Doci)
    • "Andras chose to hunt the lion and was eaten by his prey."
    • "The Ori fought the Alterans, to save their followers."
    • "Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes wide."
    • "So it came to pass that Ver Omesh was gripped by a great famine. So Markon went to the Prophet Articus and asked to go to the forest for food. The prophet bade him be patient, for the Ori provide for all who have faith. But Markon did not believe. So the prophet drew a line in the sand and told him, 'step across and you may do as you wish.' So Markon did and left the village and feasted on wild berries.The fruit was bitter. It did not satisfy him. He longed to return to the village, but found that the line had widened to a great chasm. He called out to the Prophet in fear, but the Prophet said, 'The line has not changed; it is you who have changed. Step across if you truly believe' So Markon prayed for forgiveness and took the first step and the hands of the Ori enveloped all those who welcomed him back."
    • Follow the path the power they yeild is yours to use but stray and find yourself reciving it.

Can you call it wisdom or murder. That was all the ori were. What would you do if i was powerful and i said to you worship me or die. It's murder in this world and should be murder on any populated world.

I thought the ori were great when introduced to Stargate but they quickly lost their touch and everything just turned into murder

I don't ever remember this being mentioned as being in the book of origin The Ori fought the Alterans, to save their followers.

Nor do i remember this one "Follow the path the power they yeild is yours to use but stray and find yourself reciving it"

"Hallowed are the Ori and those who follow." I've also never heard this being spoken by any prior.

Please don't use wiki to give me information Wiki should not be trusted cause it's in the public domain anyone can edit it. Even people who can't hear.

Comment

I wonder if whoever edited that page has actually watched Stargate.

"Is great knowledge, power, understanding not enough for you to revere the Ori?" was said by the Doci to Daniel.

"What is a god, but a being that is worshipped by those beneath?" was said by Adria to Vala in The Ark of Truth.

They're not verses of the Book of Origin.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
        "What is a god, but a being that is worshipped by those beneath?" was said by Adria to Vala in The Ark of Truth.
        Not so sure about this one thought. Did not see TAOT yet but remember this quote from somewhere.

And yes public wikis are not entrustable
        sigpic
        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Answers View Post
          Can you call it wisdom or murder. That was all the ori were. What would you do if i was powerful and i said to you worship me or die. It's murder in this world and should be murder on any populated world.

I thought the ori were great when introduced to Stargate but they quickly lost their touch and everything just turned into murder

I don't ever remember this being mentioned as being in the book of origin The Ori fought the Alterans, to save their followers.

Nor do i remember this one "Follow the path the power they yeild is yours to use but stray and find yourself reciving it"

"Hallowed are the Ori and those who follow." I've also never heard this being spoken by any prior.

Please don't use wiki to give me information Wiki should not be trusted cause it's in the public domain anyone can edit it. Even people who can't hear.
          that also applies to other holy books

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
            Not so sure about this one thought. Did not see TAOT yet but remember this quote from somewhere.

And yes public wikis are not entrustable
            A line so similar that the bit I quoted might be wrong was spoken by Adria during her first encounter with Vala in AOT.

Comment

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

AKA

"and those who are prideful and refuse to believe that wikipedia is full of nonesense shall be laid low and made unto dust."

look, i changed the meaning to fit the situation like in the episode "line in the sand"

Comment

Originally posted by Butlersgate View Post
                "and those who are prideful and refuse to believe that wikipedia is full of nonesense shall be laid low and made unto dust."
                I also haapen to notice in the thread title Ori is spelled Orii.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  I also haapen to notice in the thread title Ori is spelled Orii.
                  not showing much wiDsom in the title haha

Comment

Actually, some of what the book of Origin says is true. Take this verse for example:

"The rift was created, and on that day, the Ori were born. But the hatred of those who strayed from the true path festered and bloomed in the dark corners of the Avernakis to which they have been cast! And consumed by this hatred, they poisoned all they touched, bringing death, darkness and despair. And the souls of their victims knew no peace"

Let's break it down.

The rift was created (between Alterans and Ori), and on that day, the Ori were born (because of the split between the two belief systems). Those who strayed from the true path (Alterans) festered and bloomed (advanced) in the dark corners of the Avernakis (MW and Pegasus) to which they have been cast (forced to leave by the Ori or be forced to fight). And consumed by this hatred (refusal to embrace a religious path), they poisoned all they touched (Pegasus galaxy), bringing death, darkness, and despair. (They created humans in Pegasus, inadvertently created the Wraith, who drove them out, killed almost all the humans, and left the rest in darkness and despair). The souls of their victims (humans in Pegasus) knew no peace (from the Wraith).

It's pretty accurate for what ultimately happened to the Ancients/Alterans.

Comment

Working...
                    X