Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most disappointing series finale? (Spoilers for the finales of different programs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    forever knight

there was nick and natalie...and he tried to bring her across, only to kill her instead so, wracked by grief, he had LaQuoix stake him

trek voyager....dude, they spent 7 years getting home and we can't even have family reunions?

xena, although i didn't watch it, from all i hear the fans deny that the final eps even exists
    oh, yes on everything!

i'll also add:

stargate sg1's 'unending'. as a 'series' finale, it was too depressing.

remington steel: years of waiting for the two leads to get together, and we get 'fade to black' as it's about to happen.

silk stalkings: chris and rita get together. super happiness. then he's killed. (the show was changing leads, so why not let the characters just leave and be happy?)

star trek next generation: i seem to remember being disappointed in it.

magnum pi: (first series finale): magnum's shot and it ends with him dying and going on his way to heaven. yeah, happy stuff there.

magnum pi: (second finale, but the show went on for one more season) they could have ended it with magnum happy to be reunited with his x-wife (they still loved each other) and his daughter. but nooo, x-wife has to be killed.

i'll think of some more, i'm sure.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

I actually liked the first Magnum, P.I. finale with him walking away from Higgins into the light. (Of course, as a John Denver fan, part of what I liked was the music to which Magnum walked away.)

One finale that I can never quite decide if it was great or horrible was Twin Peaks.

Spoiler:
      At first I was horribly disappointed that Agent Cooper got taken over by Bob. But, on rewatching it, I guess it kind of makes sense in a strange David Lynch way. Of course, I'm still confused about what actually happened. Is the real Cooper stuck in the Black Lodge or White Lodge? Are all the girls Bob killed stuck in there too? Who the heck is that dwarf? And, finally, how is Annie?

Comment

I loved End Game, that I thougt was one of the best endings for a series, not as good as the end to DS9, but....and as far as SAAB...I never actualyl have seen the last episode. hee

Comment

Stargate SG1 - Worst finale ever.

Classic Doctor Who's 'Survival' the last aired classic story. Utter crap. Would have been much better as Remembrance of the Daleks, or even Battlefield.

Firefly is a definite.

The Lone Gunmen gets a special mention, as though it was an awesome episode, it ended on a cliff hanger that was poorly resolved about a year and a half later in an X-Files episode.

Millennium - what more can I say?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

SG-1 and SGA.Both were agonizing to watch, SGA 520 at least had some story
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Are we just talking the finale of the TV shows? If so, Farscape was the worst! But they made up for it with the Peacekeeper wars

I liked the end of TNG "all good things" but didn't like "Nemisis"

Undiscovered Country should have been the end of the original star treks.

Yeah, what was up with that quantum leap ending??

For those of you who like 90s cartoons, Gargoyles was good when it ended with "Hunter's Moon" but not with the Goliath Chronicles. Fortunately there are comic books to replace the Goliath Chronicles.

Magic School Bus... seriously was the Muscles (Mollusks) episode the finale?! (that last season was lousy)

Comment

Has nobody brought up Star Trek: Enterprise yet?
                sigpic
                http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                  Has nobody brought up Star Trek: Enterprise yet?
                  I did. After I watched These Are the Voyages.
                  "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

i gave up on that show sometime during season 2 or 3

i got sick and tired of the T'Pol t&a show
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Bewitched
                      Spoiler:
                      The final episode of Bewitched, "The Truth and Nothing but the Truth, So Help Me Sam," was nearly a line-for-line remake of a earlier season two episode, "Speak the Truth." In both of them, meddling witch/mother-in-law Endora gives Darrin a gift that makes him not lie.

I Dream of Jeannie
                      Spoiler:
                      In the final episode of IDOJ, "Hurricane Jeannie," Tony Nelson's CO, Dr. Bellows, finds out what Tony's wife Jeannie really is when everybody is stranded at the Nelsons' house during a hurricane. In the end we find out the episode was just a dream and the secret is still safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        i gave up on that show sometime during season 2 or 3

i got sick and tired of the T'Pol t&a show
                        T'pol was one fo the worst characters in starterek history
                        Originally posted by wurlitzer153 View Post
                        Bewitched
                        Spoiler:
                        The final episode of Bewitched, "The Truth and Nothing but the Truth, So Help Me Sam," was nearly a line-for-line remake of a earlier season two episode, "Speak the Truth." In both of them, meddling witch/mother-in-law Endora gives Darrin a gift that makes him not lie.

I Dream of Jeannie
                        Spoiler:
                        In the final episode of IDOJ, "Hurricane Jeannie," Tony Nelson's CO, Dr. Bellows, finds out what Tony's wife Jeannie really is when everybody is stranded at the Nelsons' house during a hurricane. In the end we find out the episode was just a dream and the secret is still safe.
                        wow your going way back
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Ah yes, the classic "It was all a dream" BS ending. Newhart pulled the same obnoxious stunt only kicked it up so that the ENTIRE SHOW wound up being nothing but a dream. Ugh.

Comment

SG-1 and SGA...though considering I didn't really enjoy either of those shows anymore, I wasn't exactly disappointed, but those were cruddy endings anyway.

The X-Files

BSG is working towards a disappointing ending if they aren't careful. Most of the eps this last half of the season have been meh/bleh and they only have two eps left, and I'm not seeing this great ending they have been touting.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                              SG-1 and SGA...though considering I didn't really enjoy either of those shows anymore, I wasn't exactly disappointed, but those were cruddy endings anyway.

The X-Files

BSG is working towards a disappointing ending if they aren't careful. Most of the eps this last half of the season have been meh/bleh and they only have two eps left, and I'm not seeing this great ending they have been touting.
                              X-Files: The Truth? Really?

I mean, Hey, I thought S9 was kind of awful, but The Truth made up for it imo.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                                X-Files: The Truth? Really?

I mean, Hey, I thought S9 was kind of awful, but The Truth made up for it imo.
                                Really.

I hated that finale...at the time anyway. I haven't rewatched it since so I might not be as critical of it now.

The whole trial and rehashing of the show. Didn't like it.
                                IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                                X