Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Daybreak, Part 2 (420)

The shock damage has never been super instantaneous to when the jump happened and the shot didn't exactly linger for long. Also much forgotten is that the whole damn colony was orbiting a black hole, I'm sure it was built pretty tough

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    i honestly didn't see galactica ramming itself into the colony cool moment.

gotta love the irony the cylons destroyed the 12 colonies and galactica destroyed the cylon colony
    I was surprised by that. For one simple reason.

Go back to Exodus part 2.

You have Galactica getting the hell beat out of it and here comes Pegasus to the rescue.

Pegasus was in way better condition then Galactica, it didn't do the Adama Maneuver (which I found cool as hell), Pegasus was newer then Pegasus and it was from what I understand bigger.

What blew my mind was this. Pegasus rammed a Basestar at flank and that destroyed both Pegasus and at least 2 Basestars. Galactica Rammed the colony which is the size of a medium city at Flank and it survived.

Would that be considered a Ex Deus Machina or am I just loosing it.
    Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
    End of line.

http://www.radioshacksucks.biz/BFLD/...ive-invert.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
    Well, it very easily beats "The Oath", but "Exodus Part 2"? No... way.
    I agree. While I liked "The Oath", it couldn't hold a candle to either Exodus part 2 or Day Break part 2.

However I will say that Exodus Part 2 and Day Break part 2 are running neck to neck. I think my favorite part out of both of them is the Adama Maneuver.
    Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
    End of line.

Quote Originally Posted by Finger13 View Post
    The only stupid thing was how after they jumped they just sat there and waited for the batteries to stop firing before they turned on the engines and rammed the colony. You would think that they would come out of their jump guns blazing and with their engines maxed out.
    I think that may be technological short coming. Remember Galactica is suppose to have it's flight pods retracted when it jumps, I think the same is for the gun turrets. And yes I know, I have seen many episodes where Galactica's Flight pods were not retracted when it jumped.
    End of line.

Quote Originally Posted by jds1982 View Post
    Wasn't Galactica damaged because it was in a weakened state? Maybe the colony was heavily reinforced against that kind of damage.
    Rewatch the scene when Galactica jumped away, You could see there were multiple internal explosions happening. I don't think the colony remained in tact.
    End of line.

The only thing that really bothered me about the episode was how the truce with Cavil was doomed no matter what within another 10 mins. Truce or not truce, Racetrack's hand would have hit that "launch nukes" button and blew the colony to hell. And on the other hand, the truce was seemingly broken and the fighting started up again and Racetrack's hand just happened to launch the nukes? Maybe I missed a detail and it was actually some stray shot that knocked Racetrack's raptor and made her hit the nuke button but it just seemed kinda pointless regardless.

Otherwise, the episode was awsome. Colony turrets had a hell of a kickback though, looked like rapid fire bobble heads heh.

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

speaks for itself cool moment in the ep
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; May 16th, 2009 at 04:55 AM.

speaks for itself cool moment in the ep
    yes, I saw that and laughed. Talk about straight up execution, and what gets me is that he looked like he enjoyed that.
    End of line.

Quote Originally Posted by My Sweet Revenga View Post
    Otherwise, the episode was awsome. Colony turrets had a hell of a kickback though, looked like rapid fire bobble heads heh.
    Yeah, I know. it reminded me of the massive fight in the 3rd Matrix movie. All out kick ass hell.
    End of line.

Quote Originally Posted by bfldworker View Post
    yes, I saw that and laughed. Talk about straight up execution, and what gets me is that he looked like he enjoyed that.
    it proves the second generation cylon centurions are far more brutal then the original

it proves the second generation cylon centurions are far more brutal then the original
    This is true, the main difference however that has been mentioned was that they have a inhibitor on them was disabled by the 2's 6's and 8's.
    End of line.

This is true, the main difference however that has been mentioned was that they have a inhibitor on them was disabled by the 2's 6's and 8's.

1. More flashbacks, meh.

2. Baltar playing GI Joe. WTF?

3. Holy frack! Awesome battle sequence!

4. Boomer is a scratch! Fine!

5. Roslin is a medic?

Galactica is going out with a bang!

I was surprised by that. For one simple reason.

Go back to Exodus part 2.

You have Galactica getting the hell beat out of it and here comes Pegasus to the rescue.

Pegasus was in way better condition then Galactica, it didn't do the Adama Maneuver (which I found cool as hell), Pegasus was newer then Pegasus and it was from what I understand bigger.

What blew my mind was this. Pegasus rammed a Basestar at flank and that destroyed both Pegasus and at least 2 Basestars. Galactica Rammed the colony which is the size of a medium city at Flank and it survived.

Would that be considered a Ex Deus Machina or am I just loosing it.
    the way i look at it Pegasus was going a hell of a lot faster and had longer to travel then galactica. galactica only went maybe 6 feet forward and didn't have a chance to build up a large amount of speed

Chief Master Sergeant

I did not like the way the series ended. I felt the writing was too hurried & rushed. It didn't make any sense. Why wouldn't they build a city? Secondly, why didn't the Admiral establish an interim CAP using the Basestar & Vipers for a period of say 12 to 18 months until all the new settlements were established? Thirdly, why would you give a military asset like a Basestar to Centurians & hope "they find their own way & do the right thing?" That is completely idiotic! The Basestar using Admiral Adama's words is a "military asset" and their main means of attack & defense. They ARE still Centurians, and they ARE responsible for the genocide of billions of people of the 12 colonies. The writing didn't may any sense. Also, why didn't Adama bring Doc Cottle along to help ease our beloved Laura's pain in her last days. I did not like the way Daybreak ended.
    Last edited by Maj.Tahn; May 18th, 2009 at 08:04 AM.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

The more I see this final, two-part episode of BSG, the more I come to appreciate it. I know a lot of people didn't like the way they chose to end this show. I am not one of those people. Yeah, there were minor things I would have liked to see go differently. But overall, I think Moore and Gang did a great job.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

In my opinion, the most memorable scene of the entire series was the Opera House/Final Five reveal here. It's closely followed by almost everything in "Exodus Part 2", and a couple scenes in "The Hand of God".

Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Wow. Nobody has commented here for 10 years.

The main reason I mentioned BSG in the GoT's finale thread that it is completly unacceptable for me that the Colonials have settled down to Earth and they have sacrificied all the ships, all their technologies. And since we know that only "mythocondrial Eve" has survived then it means that all the BSG survivors have became extinct and they have died out except her. So even if they had children their whole culture has disappeared. It is not good enough for me as a conclusion. Not to mention how the Greeks have re-discovered the same names 150 000 years later...

The finale had action, it had feelings, but this story decision was too much for my taste and I have still felt cheated and disappointed after 4 years. I loved the ending how AngelBaltar and AngelSix talks about humanity and the robots, but since we have followed the fate of the people of the main characters, it is hard to accept that they were willingly sacrifice their lives. We are talking about thousands of people!
    Last edited by Platschu; May 21st, 2019 at 02:21 PM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633