No announcement yet.

Daybreak, Part 1 (419)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just rewatching a bit of the beginning yesterday, the flashbacks to Caprica City before the fall.

God, brilliant stuff. I got to the end of Roslin's "baptism" and then just went to bed satisfied. The scoring, the visuals, the acting, so fantastic. Even the wording of "Caprica City, Before the Fall"....it's just so completely tragic. We see a bunch of our characters just living out their lives before it all comes to a crashing end and that wonderful, vibrant, teeming city thriving with life--is abruptly rendered a lifeless, irradiated, yellow-baked shell of its former self.

Those 15 minutes just speak countless volumes about the frailty, fragility, and fleeting nature of life. Love it.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      I was just rewatching a bit of the beginning yesterday, the flashbacks to Caprica City before the fall.

God, brilliant stuff. I got to the end of Roslin's "baptism" and then just went to bed satisfied. The scoring, the visuals, the acting, so fantastic. Even the wording of "Caprica City, Before the Fall"....it's just so completely tragic. We see a bunch of our characters just living out their lives before it all comes to a crashing end and that wonderful, vibrant, teeming city thriving with life--is abruptly rendered a lifeless, irradiated, yellow-baked shell of its former self.

Those 15 minutes just speak countless volumes about the frailty, fragility, and fleeting nature of life. Love it.
      I could never have just gone to bed happy as you did, i would be too hooked once more and would have to watch the remaining parts of Daybreak before sleep. I agree that the visuals were stunning.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X