No announcement yet.

Daybreak, Part 1 (419)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was that Joseph adama that bill was talking to in the flash back???
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Ummmmm What the Frak was that all about????

Considering the magnatude of the series ending and your in your last two weekends, I found the part in the begining of the show when it says "Previously on Battlestar Galactica" To be the highlight of the ENTIRE FRAKING SHOW!!!!!!

Yeah with that said this has to be the Biggest let down of a show thus far when your just mere mins away from it being all over and you still have way , way, way too much information that hasn't been dealt with story wise.

TheChosen1

Comment

flashbacks to pre attack

adama getting roped into doing something he didn't want to 'it's just an hour'
        kara cooking dinner for lee, as he visits his brother and his bro's new girlfriend
        laura throwing a shower for her sister's impending baby, her sister(s) and father were killed by a drunk driver the day after
        gaius was a dweeb even back on earth and they showed how six slowly wormed her way into his life

cut to the ship, laura's dreaming as she's dying
        the ship is slowly being stripped, gaius wants a voice on the council, lee is administering the divvying up of stuff, adama sees the pictures of the dead slowly being taken down, but some are left behind...the dead whose families are gone too. among it a picture of boomer and hera.
        he decides that they have to rescue hera
        calls for volunteers to take the galactica on her last mission, about 1/3 of the people assembled (all of whom have their name in the credits not surprisingly) agree

kara is trying to figure out the notes, she plugs anders back in, adama expresses his faith in her

meanwhile hera is on the colony, hasn't eaten for days, cavil is getting impatient. boomer is sympathetic, the others aren't. they're gonna IV feed her to keep her alive

a raptor jumps into the middle of an asteroid belt. turns out it's debris going into a black hole, the cylon colony is orbiting a black hole (they actually used the term naked singularity) and there's only one safe jump place.

TBC

next week, the rescue and whatever else happens
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mi4si View Post
          from these early replies it sounds like I should wait to watch all three hours together
          you probably will enjoy it more that way

I knew it was gonna be set up. part 1 of any multiparter is always slow...plot points being put into place for all the 'good stuff' at the end
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
            For someone who missed it, can I get a quick recap of what happened? Por Favor?
            I will post below a very quick recap in spoilers so that those who have not seen and want to wait until the itunes release etc

Spoiler:
            The decision was made to strip down the ship. Various characters had intermittent flashbacks to when they were on Caprica, giving some minor insights into their character, Boomer, Cavil and a 2 and 3 were meeting around Hera, who has not eaten since she was taken, Cavil ordered her prepared for testing, and that scene faded with Boomer having that look in her eye where you thought she was going to do something. On the battlestar, they started stripping it down, meanwhile Baltar had a little chat with Lee trying to get a seat on the council for his minions and Lee told him off as he did not believe he was asking for selfless reasons. Then Kara and the Admiral met in the Anders chamber, and although the scene was cut away, we are led to believe they asked Anders where Hera was, and were told the location of Colony. The admiral went onto the hanger deck and addressed all the remaining BSG crew, and gave each a choice as to whether to accompany him on a mission to rescue Hera using Galactica, most decided yes including the pres, the final five, Caprica 6 - all the prisoners in the brig were released and it appears most of them opted to go as well. Jumped to a scene where a raptor piloted by Racetrack scouting found the Colony, located in orbit around a black hole, jumped back to Galactica where Adama, Saul, Lee, Galen, Kara and others looked at the photos Racetrack took, and realised the only place safe to jump is within 1 km of the Colony, with likely every weapon on Colony pointed at that exact spot. Adama said "lets get to it" and ep ended
            ---------------------
            sigpic
            Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Typical BSG multiparter episode. First part is always slow, building everything up, next one pays off. Or in this case the last 2 hours pays it off.

Looks like
              Spoiler:
              Galatica is going to go out in a blaze of glory. Which will be awesome.

I wonder if the parts we saw on Caprica will be like what the new series Caprica will be like?

I was half expecting Baltar to step across the line, doing his one selfish act.

Frak next week looks good and looks like it will pay off big time
              Last edited by kiwigater; 13 March 2009, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                Typical BSG multiparter episode. First part is always slow, building everything up, next one pays off. Or in this case the last 2 hours pays it off.

Looks like Galatica is going to go out in a blaze of glory. Which will be awesome.

I wonder if the parts we saw on Caprica will be like what the new series Caprica will be like?

I was half expecting Baltar to step across the line, doing his one selfish act.

Frak next week looks good and looks like it will pay off big time
                there's still time but i was dissapponited

Comment

Previously on Battlestar Galactica.... The last 10 years of meaningless CRAP!

What the bloody FRAK was all that crap?

Where those flash backs all that necessary? I thought it was a clip show, or something really really important that needed to come out to start wrapping things up?

Was it necessary to show us that Roslin's sisters and father were killed? I assumed that if she did have family they were killed in the Cylon attack.

We knew that Kara was with Zak Adama, And we knew that Lee and Adm Adama didn't know who she was until after Zaks death.

We already knew about Baltars back story. We knew he was from Aerilon and that he changed his voice to match that of a high society Caprican.

We also knew that Baltar Fraked anything that was good looking in a skirt.

If they cut that out and put in stuff that mattered to the wrapping up of the show I would have been happy. But I am still left with the same question.

WHAT THE FRAK WAS THAT????????
                  Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
                  End of line.

Comment

@ skydiver,

I will watch again later, but I think most of the people on the hanger deck volunteered, the small group ( which i think was about 1/5) were those not going.
                    ---------------------
                    sigpic

Comment

I try not to be negative. I liked alot of the episodes everyone hates.. But what the hell. Where my expectations to high? this was a load of crap

I think i was more excited for the damn preview

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        there's still time but i was dissapponited
                        Quite honestly I am expecting 12 to survive and become the 12 Lords of Kobol and I always figured Baltar as one of them.

At the very least, I figured head 6 would have pushed him to go. Although it looked like he wanted to cross over but something was keeping from doing it. So maybe head 6 was keeping him doing it, so he could take over the fleet when everyone with a pair is gone?

At least Racetrack was back! She's too hot to rot in a cell.

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
                          @ skydiver,

I will watch again later, but I think most of the people on the hanger deck volunteered, the small group ( which i think was about 1/5) were those not going.
                          the small group was the one going on rescue mission

Comment

anyone remember those cereal box prizes where you had to buy a whole bunch of cereal boxes for their proof-of-purchases, and then collect a whole bunch of proof-of-purchases for the prize, but not before waiting 4-6 weeks for the prize, and then when you get the prize, it's a piece of junk that's nowhere near what was advertised or imagined?

anyone remember those bugs bunny cartoons where elmer fudd is tricked for the umpteenth time, but instead of getting red in the face, the head of a jackass is momentarily superimposed for his face?

i'm not watching the last two hours of this show. enuf's enuf.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              the small group was the one going on rescue mission
                              I have to watch it again tommorrow, but I thought the large group was to starboard, and the small group to port.

Maybe after watching it again a second time tommorrow I will conclude something more deep from this episode, however, except for a few rare thoughts, nothing really comes to mind. This was a pure setup episode, and I really think all that occurred could have been achieved in 15 minutes or less. Am I wrong?
                              ---------------------
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
                                I have to watch it again tommorrow, but I thought the large group was to starboard, and the small group to port.
                                lee,laura and kara where on the side to go, which was the small side

i have a photography memory trust me

Comment

Working...
                                X