Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Post Daybreak, Part 1 (419)

Visit the Episode GuideBATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON FOUR
    DAYBREAK, PART 1
    EPISODE NUMBER - 419

As the crew remember their old lives on Caprica, Admiral Adama launches a plan to rescue Hera from the stronghold of the Cylon civilization -- knowing that Galactica herself may not survive.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; April 25th, 2011 at 04:41 PM.

Default Re: Islanded In a Stream of Stars (418)

I am watching now,
    Spoiler:
    all these little vigenettes. Wait Roselyn is going for a swim - Thank goodness, she kept her clothing on!
    Last edited by Espeon1962; March 13th, 2009 at 06:36 PM.
    ---------------------
    Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Staff Sergeant

doubtful. It would have fit islandeds title, which while an awesome name, I don't feel the ep lived up to it.

As for Daybreak, I knew they were going to do another slow episode, given the preview, and to put it off till next week for the real action, I would almost bet this ep ends with the jump after adamas ralley speech.

Chris777- keep your fingers crossed, I think it is building up to something.
    Spoiler:
    Boomer had that look in her eyes! I predict
    Last edited by Espeon1962; March 13th, 2009 at 06:37 PM.
    ---------------------

Default Re: Daybreak, Part 1 (419)

That was it?
    ---------------------

For someone who missed it, can I get a quick recap of what happened? Por Favor?
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

part one had to be a lot of set up for hte finale

next week it'll be the hera rescue mission and them finding a home/killing cavil i'd guess

we learned a lot about the characters and what drives them, and lots of symbolism

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Espeon1962 View Post
    That was it?
    I had the exact same thought. I wasn't expecting it to be nearly over, as it was just getting to the good part, when it said "To Be Continued"

I haven't said this for any episode this season, but what the hell was that?

Aside from the emptied out Galactica, Baltar's struggle with his selfishness, and the speech from Adama and the people volunteering, it was an entire waste of the second last episode.

We keep wondering when answers will be given out for the major plots so far, and keep having to push them to the next episode, and now we're down to one.

Don't get me wrong, this episode just set up what is going to be an absolutely amazing battle, but still, it was a waste given that this show has 1 more episode.

Staff Sergeant

from these early replies it sounds like I should wait to watch all three hours together

Quote Originally Posted by Finger13 View Post
    I haven't said this for any episode this season, but what the hell was that?

Aside from the emptied out Galactica, Baltar's struggle with his selfishness, and the speech from Adama and the people volunteering, it was an entire waste of the second last episode.

We keep wondering when answers will be given out for the major plots so far, and keep having to push them to the next episode, and now we're down to one.

Don't get me wrong, this episode just set up what is going to be an absolutely amazing battle, but still, it was a waste given that this show has 1 more episode.
    As I said, that was it? (he asked incredulously)
    ---------------------

Quote Originally Posted by rarocks24 View Post
    Not much happened at all actually.

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

that was so damn cool

can't wait for next week

Staff Sergeant

I could tell from last weeks preview nothing would happen.

They did some cool stuff with Cavils base, and the flashback was unexpected, but overall these last 10 episodes stunk.

they will probably go all out next episode, but was this really worth it, to effectively waste the 9 episodes preceding it?

for me to know.. and for you to find out.

hey at least we got to see Lee outta his damn suit and in uniform... *drools.* oh wait wrong place to say that....

its' kinda confusing, but it was also nice to know what drives the chars... thought for sure that baltar would try and redeem himself *shrugs*

looks like next week the series will go out with a bang.

figured that chief would put himself in lockup...

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

was that Joseph adama that bill was talking to in the flash back???

Chief Master Sergeant TheChosen1's Avatar

Question Re: Daybreak, Part 1 (419)

Ummmmm What the Frak was that all about????

Considering the magnatude of the series ending and your in your last two weekends, I found the part in the begining of the show when it says "Previously on Battlestar Galactica" To be the highlight of the ENTIRE FRAKING SHOW!!!!!!

Yeah with that said this has to be the Biggest let down of a show thus far when your just mere mins away from it being all over and you still have way , way, way too much information that hasn't been dealt with story wise.

TheChosen1

(Moderator)

flashbacks to pre attack

adama getting roped into doing something he didn't want to 'it's just an hour'
    kara cooking dinner for lee, as he visits his brother and his bro's new girlfriend
    laura throwing a shower for her sister's impending baby, her sister(s) and father were killed by a drunk driver the day after
    gaius was a dweeb even back on earth and they showed how six slowly wormed her way into his life

cut to the ship, laura's dreaming as she's dying
    the ship is slowly being stripped, gaius wants a voice on the council, lee is administering the divvying up of stuff, adama sees the pictures of the dead slowly being taken down, but some are left behind...the dead whose families are gone too. among it a picture of boomer and hera.
    he decides that they have to rescue hera
    calls for volunteers to take the galactica on her last mission, about 1/3 of the people assembled (all of whom have their name in the credits not surprisingly) agree

kara is trying to figure out the notes, she plugs anders back in, adama expresses his faith in her

meanwhile hera is on the colony, hasn't eaten for days, cavil is getting impatient. boomer is sympathetic, the others aren't. they're gonna IV feed her to keep her alive

a raptor jumps into the middle of an asteroid belt. turns out it's debris going into a black hole, the cylon colony is orbiting a black hole (they actually used the term naked singularity) and there's only one safe jump place.

TBC

next week, the rescue and whatever else happens

(Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by mi4si View Post
    from these early replies it sounds like I should wait to watch all three hours together
    you probably will enjoy it more that way

I knew it was gonna be set up. part 1 of any multiparter is always slow...plot points being put into place for all the 'good stuff' at the end

Quote Originally Posted by rarocks24 View Post
    I will post below a very quick recap in spoilers so that those who have not seen and want to wait until the itunes release etc

Spoiler:
    The decision was made to strip down the ship. Various characters had intermittent flashbacks to when they were on Caprica, giving some minor insights into their character, Boomer, Cavil and a 2 and 3 were meeting around Hera, who has not eaten since she was taken, Cavil ordered her prepared for testing, and that scene faded with Boomer having that look in her eye where you thought she was going to do something. On the battlestar, they started stripping it down, meanwhile Baltar had a little chat with Lee trying to get a seat on the council for his minions and Lee told him off as he did not believe he was asking for selfless reasons. Then Kara and the Admiral met in the Anders chamber, and although the scene was cut away, we are led to believe they asked Anders where Hera was, and were told the location of Colony. The admiral went onto the hanger deck and addressed all the remaining BSG crew, and gave each a choice as to whether to accompany him on a mission to rescue Hera using Galactica, most decided yes including the pres, the final five, Caprica 6 - all the prisoners in the brig were released and it appears most of them opted to go as well. Jumped to a scene where a raptor piloted by Racetrack scouting found the Colony, located in orbit around a black hole, jumped back to Galactica where Adama, Saul, Lee, Galen, Kara and others looked at the photos Racetrack took, and realised the only place safe to jump is within 1 km of the Colony, with likely every weapon on Colony pointed at that exact spot. Adama said "lets get to it" and ep ended
    ---------------------

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast