Babylon 5 observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babylon 5 observation

ok so i was watching some old episodes of babylon 5 i found i had on tape tonight and noticed something that i had never really noticed before. delens hair! the hair on top of her head actually goes under her crest throguh the bone! has anyone else ever noticed this?

Yeah. That's how Delenn looked from season two onward.
    Rocky

Comment

yep, i always wondered how she brushed it
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        yep, i always wondered how she brushed it
        JMS said that she can wear it under the crest or over it, so she could simply take it out.
        Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
          JMS said that she can wear it under the crest or over it, so she could simply take it out.
          Well, she wore it outside of the crest at least once. Remember that cool style she had going when she first stepped into the council room and took her hood off? I liked it, and always wished she'd wear it like that again. I also wondered how someone who knew absolutely nothing about hair (and had never had it before) figured out how to do it. Did she call in a human hairdresser just before the council meeting to fix it, or something?

Ah, Delenn's hair. "Soul Mates" (the only episode that really dealt with it) was a great episode. That's the one where Londo was going to divorce two of his three wives, and they were all trying to make sure they were the one he kept. Well, the B plot was Delenn calling Susan in to help her with her hair because she had _no_ clue how to deal with it. Not knowing any better, she'd been using on it the same stuff Minbarri use to do their equivalent of bathing--some goo that strips the skin of all surface chemicals and dirt. I don't believe I've ever seen hair quite that frizzed out and split as hers was when Ivanova opened the door And the end of the episode was great: the two of them walking down the corridor, Delenn thanking Ivanova for her help, and asking for help with other aspects of becoming human. As they get into the lift, Delenn's last words were "... and I've been having cramps in the oddest places." Ivanova's face was just great, there.
          My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
          -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
          -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
          -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
            her crest is removable? interesting......

Comment

that whole soul mates episode was priceless. I loved londo's 3 wives and then the ivanova/delenn bits.

those wonderful character moments were one reason why i liked the show
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                that whole soul mates episode was priceless. I loved londo's 3 wives and then the ivanova/delenn bits.

those wonderful character moments were one reason why i liked the show
                LOOONNNNDDDDDOOOOOOOO!
                I remember the wife with the voice which could peel wallpaper off the wall, great episode, I'd quite forgotten about it.
                sigpic

Comment

Pestillence, Famine and Death

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                    her crest is removable? interesting......
                    Ah, no. But it's only connected to her skull, apparently, at the temples. The rest of it is far enough above her skull so that her hair can grow under it. What they're talking about is that she can pull her hair up from under the crest to brush it.
                    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrice
                      Ah, no. But it's only connected to her skull, apparently, at the temples. The rest of it is far enough above her skull so that her hair can grow under it. What they're talking about is that she can pull her hair up from under the crest to brush it.
                      except that if you look closely the hair that is comming from the base of the crest down is quite plainly not comming from under it, there is a small space all the way around between the base of the crest and the roots of the hair below the crest. so the hair on top of her head just disapears beneath it

Comment

You know, this has bugged me too, after about 1 episode of them doing it, I noticed it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                          You know, this has bugged me too, after about 1 episode of them doing it, I noticed it.
                          i watched the series religiously through season 4 and 5 and have seen pretty much all of season 2 and 3 and i never noticed. i hadnt seen an episode for years until last night when i found an old one on tape and it was the very first thing i noticed. weird how the mind works

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                            it was the very first thing i noticed. weird how the mind works
                            Funny it was the first thing that I noticed as well after a long break from the show.

Comment

I noticed it but always just attributed it to the limitations of makeup. Plus it looked good.

Of course if we don’t attribute it to makeup and really think about it one wonders if the bone piece is tight against all mimari heads or if it does only originate from one or two points like a dears antlers or something. Delenns bone piece was smaller then the average mimari so maybe hers wasn’t as tight after the metamorphosis. I dunno.... but the 'calling on Ivonava to help with the hair thing was absolutely priceless. That entire ep, along with the entire show was awesome. The entire ep I knew the shrill (and honest) wife to was the right choice but I was still a bit suprised when Londo was smart enough to pick her. (I figured he would get stuck with her after the other two did something stupid like attempted assasination...oh wait one of them tried that )
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                              X