This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greer=Ford

Will Greer be kicked out of Universe like Ford was kicked out of atlantis. And then will a big muscular alien replace him. Like there has not been much hype about him? Any thoughts?
    sigpic

If I was any one of those new cast member I would act my butt off and try to make sure my character worked so they do not go the way of Ford!

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
    Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

I think the PTB have learned from the mistake of Ford. The main reason that Ford didn't work was that the writers didn't have anything for him to do. He had no function in the team or to the story. While I would agree that RSF's acting left much to be desired, I don't think that was the worst thing about the character. The PTB should have learned to give everyone something to do from that experience.

Perfecto!

Comment

i dont see that happening again.i think they have thought a lot about greer and how to make him intersesting to avoid this...and its not racist.ford wasnt replaced with a white guy...but a hawaiin,somaon black guy?i think thats right...????anyway greer sounds interesting to me so...

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
          Will Greer be kicked out of Universe like Ford was kicked out of atlantis. And then will a big muscular alien replace him. Like there has not been much hype about him? Any thoughts?
          Why Greer? With the temper thing going for him, there seems to be some depth for the writers to work with. To me, the current description of Lieutenant Scott seems more analogous to Ford.

Originally posted by WishIwasJoes View Post
          If I was any one of those new cast member I would act my butt off and try to make sure my character worked so they do not go the way of Ford!
          The problem wasn't Rainbow's acting. He did the part quite well through the first season. As Major Griff points out, the writers just didn't know what to do with the Ford character, and left him undeveloped as a regular, - less developed than some recurring guests. When they wrote Ford out, the writers took that backtround character and made him vastly more interesting, and Rainbow did a superb acting job with it. I'm a little disappointed that the writers didn't make more use of him as a recurring character. I have to disagree with Major Griff about RSF's acting, especially after they wrote him off as a regular.
          Last edited by terr; 27 February 2009, 05:32 PM.

Comment

I don't think this will be a problem. I've heard several comments along these lines, but I just don't understand it. SG-1 and SGA were not exactly the same, so why should SGU simply follow the patterns set by SGA? The characters will not be exact parallels of SGA characters, nor will SGU necessarily follow the same patterns when it comes to eliminating/adding characters.

Besides, if there is one thing TPTB discovered with SGA, it's that bad things happen when you don't develop all of your characters. And more bad things happen when you kill off characters simply because you don't know what to do with them. I doubt they'll make the same mistake again.
            Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
            Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

I still can't believe someone named their son Rainbow.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                You should see what Jason Momoa called his kid...

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  I wonder what High School was like for him & did people sing the Rainbow Brite theme song ?

Comment

Or the Reading Rainbow song.
                    sigpic
                    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Not sure about that, but there will have to be an alien cast member. I hope they look less human than previous shows!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        You should see what Jason Momoa called his kid...
                        Frankenstein?

Come on tell me.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                          Not sure about that, but there will have to be an alien cast member. I hope they look less human than previous shows!
                          i dont think thats likely to happen...that will just show that the writers dont have any new ideas...which i think they do....hence why we get universe which will be slightly different than its predecessors...but seriously wat did momoa name his kid?

Comment

Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa

I would have gone with Frankenstein personally.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't think that Greer will share the same fate as Ford. He has a lot of potential. He's a character with a weakness that can be delved into. Of course it all depends on the actor if he can pull it off. Time will tell.
                              sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

Working...
                              X