Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate movie thats not SG-1, Atlantis or the original movie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate movie thats not SG-1, Atlantis or the original movie.

There have been so many stories and random references and throw away characters and ideas that have sparked our imaginations and made us create our own situations and possible series of events to fill in the holes in the Stargate Reality ( i can't say universe anymore) we all know.
    Instead of being bogged down by known characters and devices, why can't the next movie still be in the same Stargate Reality as all previous shows and movies, but be completely separate?
    Examples : Stargate: The 4 Races A story dedicated to the 4 races and their dealings with the Goauld.
    Stargate: Denial The truth about the stargate program comes out and crazy antics ensue.
    Stargate Genesis A story that follows 2 ancients (like Moros and Ganas Lal) from Atlantis to earth to Ascension to Earth (possibly helping to uncover the stargate?) over thousands of years.

Ideas?

The problem that I see with the above listed ideas is that it wouldn't really have the same 'stargate feel' to it. It has been mentioned many times by showrunners, cast, and fans alike, that one thing that makes stargate, stargate, is that it is set in modern times. Right now, right here. This could be actually happening. While I agree the above listed ideas are indeed intriguing, I don't think they would be a suitable fit for a movie. I could see them more as a novel or game, maybe even a mini-series (that would be cool).

Stargate: Universe is definitely breaking away from the 'normal' Stargate show anyway, and some are already calling it too different. I feel like if the above ideas were ever to come to fruition, SGU has to be a success for a few years first. At least.

Comment

Originally posted by Deep Like Daniel View Post
      There have been so many stories and random references and throw away characters and ideas that have sparked our imaginations and made us create our own situations and possible series of events to fill in the holes in the Stargate Reality ( i can't say universe anymore) we all know.
      Instead of being bogged down by known characters and devices, why can't the next movie still be in the same Stargate Reality as all previous shows and movies, but be completely separate?
      Examples : Stargate: The 4 Races A story dedicated to the 4 races and their dealings with the Goauld.
      Stargate: Denial The truth about the stargate program comes out and crazy antics ensue.
      Stargate Genesis A story that follows 2 ancients (like Moros and Ganas Lal) from Atlantis to earth to Ascension to Earth (possibly helping to uncover the stargate?) over thousands of years.

Ideas?
      You can still say universe with small "u".
      And yeah, such movies would be fun for enthusiastic fans, but I doubt they would have enough appeal for others, and therefore are unlikely to be done.

Comment

it would be amazing to see films like that but i doubt it will ever get done. and if it did i hope it is done really well.

Comment

Sounds like a prequel and TPTB don't like prequels so it will most likely never happen.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Prequels won't work with something like stargate. They'd be stories about something that has already been touched in the flashback of an episode (or movie) or it'd be a story about certain secular characters (e.g. O'Neill, Sheppard, Lorne, Mitchell, McKay, Carter) that have absolutely nothing to do with the stargate.

Stargate wouldn't work on a future setting either because it would become another Star Trek, BSG, Babylon 5, etc.

As far as other fan fiction is concerned; My opinion differs as I believe that the four great races would have gotten together against a greater threat than the goa'uld (seeing as the Ori, the Lost Tribe (of Asgard) and possibly a far more superior race would be cause for a coalition force to form against a challenging foe).

As far as the Stargate program going public, that would be the end of the story. No more need for top secret missions from the mountain. No more mystery and wonder in the secrecy of the jobs of SGC personnel. Everything from there would just be Star Trek; world diplomatic break down World War III, post apocolyptical human civilization, steps toward utopian society (after passing through the wake of near self annihilation), and the formation of a federation of allied planets.

Besides, fan fiction (all though often very good at times) doesn't always pan with what direction TPTB want to take the story (making them nothing more than canon; like the entire stargate franchise itself).

Overall, I think that in order for Stargate to truly survive, it must break away from the SG-1/Atlantis realm and introduce a wider range of diverse characters (and team models) with a newer richer experiences to expand the story from. The franchise must also expand on the some of the loose story archs established from SG-1 that could lead into a greater grander world of opportunity (not all of these concepts do).

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Solo View Post

Overall, I think that in order for Stargate to truly survive, it must break away from the SG-1/Atlantis realm and introduce a wider range of diverse characters (and team models) with a newer richer experiences to expand the story from. The franchise must also expand on the some of the loose story archs established from SG-1 that could lead into a greater grander world of opportunity (not all of these concepts do).
              That was what I was saying, just make each movie a one off, the only thing one has to do with the next is they have a stargate and exist in the same reality.

Comment

Originally posted by NomadGnome View Post
                The problem that I see with the above listed ideas is that it wouldn't really have the same 'stargate feel' to it. It has been mentioned many times by showrunners, cast, and fans alike, that one thing that makes stargate, stargate, is that it is set in modern times. Right now, right here. This could be actually happening. While I agree the above listed ideas are indeed intriguing, I don't think they would be a suitable fit for a movie. I could see them more as a novel or game, maybe even a mini-series (that would be cool).

Stargate: Universe is definitely breaking away from the 'normal' Stargate show anyway, and some are already calling it too different. I feel like if the above ideas were ever to come to fruition, SGU has to be a success for a few years first. At least.
                I agree. This ideas are good, but what would be the funny in it? If it was made like you said, we would know the end. No changes. In other hand, the present action makes it inevitable to know what's gonna happen.
                Yeah, they win, but there are times that they get f****. For example, the ZPM from the fifteen, the first and the second Daniel's deaths and so on...
                Hello Guys! Sorry for any Writing errors. I'm Brazilian and don't know english....XD~~

Comment

While some of these ideas do sounds interesting, I just don't really see them doing something like that. I see the main focus of Stargate always being on us - Humans, in the here and now.

And as for the program going public, I'm not sure if I'm ready to see that in a film just yet.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I wouldnt mind a movie on the Ancients. It could start with SG1 going back to repository of the 4 races planet, by ship, and finally getting their hand on that encyclopedia. Then Daniel finds a epic story in which each sg1 member can relate too. Daniel could then tell the story in a friendly setting like at Jack's cabin, during BBQ. There could be pauses so Jack could make jokes and such. The story could conclude with a new tech the team has to go get, or something else, for the next movie. It would have to be epic.

We would have SG1 and an Ancient tale. I know it sounds like AoT but i really would like an Ancient movie taking place millions of years ago. They must have had other "real" enemies other than replicators, wraiths and Ori, and by that i mean enemies they didnt create directly or indirectly.

Comment

I'd like an atlantis movie that shows us what happened during the ancents war with the wraith. I think that could be a cool movie.

Comment

Just bring back Felgar and Kombs from the episode "The Other Guys"cand make a movie about them. jk
                        For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Originally posted by Deep Like Daniel View Post

Ideas?
                          I think the next movie should be an SG1/Atlantis crossover-both teams work together to attack a wraith outpost and during the escape the DHD gets hit and sends the ancient experts (namely Daniel and Rodney) back to the first siege of Atlantis. Meanwhile the rest of the teams face threat from the present day wraith, Rodney and Daniel meet Janus and ask for help-he eventually builds the temporal DHD (the device Cassandra wore in 1969) and explains all of the cities energy weapons for use as-well as giving them 3 ZPMs but are interrupted when the wraith attack and help the ancients defend atlantis. Back in the present Atlantis is also under attack but Daniel and Rodney arrive with the ZPMs the temporal device and save the city

Comment

It would cost too much.

Comment

What would be the appeal to the average movie-person? A Stargate movie will be aimed at the movie audience, not the TV audience. What is the appeal to the average movie viewer? It will be just another generic low-budget science-fiction movie that will go ignored. People expect a Stargate movie to be based on the TV show, so that means based on SG-1 or Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                              X