This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone changed their minds?

Apologies if there's a thread like this.

So, upon seeing the entire Universe cast list - including guest stars - has anyone gone from not wanting to watch it, to thinking they may give it a chance? Or has anyone gone from wanting to watch it, and been put off by the casting?

Personally, im looking forward to it even more. Bring on October!
    "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
    O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
    Woolsey: What does that mean?
    O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Originally posted by Lewisco View Post
    Apologies if there's a thread like this.

So, upon seeing the entire Universe cast list - including guest stars - has anyone gone from not wanting to watch it, to thinking they may give it a chance? Or has anyone gone from wanting to watch it, and been put off by the casting?

I was originaly neutral towards it from the beginning... neither excited nor negative towards it... but now:

IM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!

i trust the writers to make it as good as the preceders... and with its WONDERFULL cast now assembled for filming...

I HAVE FAITH THAT THEYR ACTUALLY GONNA PULL THIS THING OFF ^^

the one thing im not so sure will work is to have recurring enemys...

a show needs ONE main enemy and thats it... no matter if its travelling through the Universe and not set in one specific galaxy

Comment

I was always going to give it a try but am still not excited by anything. It doesn't matter to me who the cast is when they're all just going to be playing ordinary humans
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lewisco View Post
        me too

Comment

I never understood those people who thought boycotting Universe for Atlantis' sake was a good idea. I've also hyped Universe hard since it was green-lit and I'm looking forward to it more every day.

Comment

Seeing the cast list hasn't changed my mind one way or the other. I was always going to watch and give it a shot.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I've always been planning on giving SGU a try, simply because it's the only SG we will be getting for a while (BRING ON SG-1 MOVIE #3! ), and the casting of the characters has made me a little more excited (especially since they aren't as young as we were originally told.), but personally, I'm just not really feelin' the storyline.

StarTrek and other shows have already done the ship-trapped-in-space story, and it's my opinion that when you place your characters in a confined place (for example, LOST) the stories seem to get boring really fast. As long as TPTB make sure SGU stays unique and similar to what SG-1/SGA brought to the franchise, I'll be a happy viewer.
              sigpic
              The Return of King Arthur
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Until they release a trailer I'm going to still remain cautiously optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                  Seeing the cast list hasn't changed my mind one way or the other. I was always going to watch and give it a shot.
                  Definitely feel the same way. Although, seeing Christopher MacDonald's name makes me really sit up. That's a name I definitely recognize.

Comment

Nope. I originally planned on watching the first ten episodes and nothing I've read thus far has swayed me.

Comment

Still meh.

Comment

I knew they would pick good actors... Stargate TPTB are good at that in my opinion. However, Im still scared of the character focused crap.
                        This could still turn into another crappy soap like BSG where you watch 10 episodes and the story doesn't move an inch. It doesn't matter what actors you have. Once it goes to 'dramatic' character based bull,, like LOST and BSG, Stargate may lose its feeling that sets it apart from the rest of mainstream TV. Stargate SG1 and Atlantis were unique, I hope they stay true to themselves and don't dumb it down to appeal to the mainstream LOST/BSG fanbase.
                        BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

I've noticed a few comments noting that the actors are older then expected. Actors age doesn't mean character age. The characters are probably still young 20's. The younger members, that is.

There's a new movie out where a 30 year old and 28 year old play high school football players. So the actor age doesn't matter.

Oh yeah, I'm still looking forward to watching!!

Comment

Still have no interest in watching SGU.... there is nothing about it that appeals to me at all.

I'll continue to watch SGI and SGA re runs but that's about it..
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lepidus View Post
                              I've noticed a few comments noting that the actors are older then expected. Actors age doesn't mean character age. The characters are probably still young 20's. The younger members, that is.

There's a new movie out where a 30 year old and 28 year old play high school football players. So the actor age doesn't matter.

Oh yeah, I'm still looking forward to watching!!
                              I Agree on that.. in many movies and series the actors plays characters younger than their real age... so the SGU characters may still be in early 20's

Comment

Working...
                              X