Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suicide Squad (Movie) News/Discussion/Spoilers

Warner mounting a Suicide Squad movie, based on DC comic

Warner Brothers is developing a film based on the DC Comics property Suicide Squad for Dan Lin (Sherlock Holmes) to produce as a potential franchise, Variety reported.

Suicide Squad concentrates on a group of incarcerated supervillains recruited by the government to accomplish a task deemed too dangerous for superheroes.

The first version of the squad debuted in a 1959 DC Comic, and a series was launched in 1987.

Stephen Gilchrist from Lin Pictures will co-produce. Justin Marks (20,000 Leagues Under the Sea) is writing the screenplay.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/02/warner-...n-dc-comic.php

'Suicide Squad' movie in the works

Producer Dan Lin has revealed that he is working on a movie based on DC Comics' Suicide Squad while a Justice League feature film remains on hold.

In an interview with Collider, Lin was quoted as saying that DC Entertainment planned to unveil its film strategy sometime this month, which is expected to shed some light over the status of a Justice League movie, which could feature Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

The Sherlock Holmes producer said: "It’s on hold right now as DC sorts out its strategy, but it seems like they’re building to Justice League instead of going with the team movie first and doing individual movies after that."

He added: "The only other [comic book movie] besides Justice League that I’m working on is the Suicide Squad - that’s a different kind of superhero movie.

"For us that’s a super villain movie. It’s almost Dirty Dozen set in the world of supervillains. That’s the only one for me that’s on the front burner."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...the-works.html

Comment

Not really sure where to post this, or if there is a thread for it already, but cast and who there are playing has been revealed for the Suicide Squad movie:
      http://cultfix.co.uk/suicide-squad-m...more-28219.htm

Thoughts?

Comment

I´m cautiously optimistic that this movie will be good.

Comment

Comic Con trailer released.

Comment

I´m not liking this version of the Joker so far, it just feels like they are trying too hard...

Comment

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CmRih_VtVAs

New trailer
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 21 January 2016, 07:49 AM. Reason: Sorted!:)

Comment

Not much into superhero fodder but I must admit looking at the shorts of Suicide Squad, I cant wait to see this over the top loopy mayhem of a picture coming out later this year. Using the old Dirty Dozen theme, we have a bunch of crazy psycho superdudes sent to take on other bad guys. Some of the lines sound classic like when Harley Quinn (Aussie Margot Robbie) smashes a store front window with a baseball bat while en route to take on the felons, to grab some goodies inside. Her straight leader questions her actions. Her response is 'We're bad guys. Its just what we do.'.

Looks like a heap of fun this one. Will Smith also stars.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/6...ssion-Spoilers
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Hey Jelgate. Nobody sent me the circular. Or maybe it got lost in the post.

Anyways. I loved the two peeps of the movie. Gave me a buzz and at my age (65) every little spark is gratefully received.

Comment

sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                      ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

Do you think they will re-release the DVD with an updated cover saying it is an Academy Award Winning Film???

Comment

Seems very likely, doesn't it?
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Couldn't find a thread for the sequel so posting these here

Comment

Anyone seen this, what did you think?

Comment

Working...
                              X