O'Neill - Cameron Mitchell's Father?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O'Neill - Cameron Mitchell's Father?

So, in 200 we know the joke about 1969 and Carter/Daniel saying "It was the 60's"... it is kind of left open. We all know that sometimes lies or jokes have a hint of truth.

Folks at work are 50/50 split yes/no. Thoughts/arguments?

Strongest argument from work was continuum shows his grandfather - however that could be from his mothers side.

Oh... I just finished a Jack/Cam/Daniel slash story... wow, that makes it way too weird and sick!

sigpic

Comment

I think it was a joke to pull with his leg.

Comment

Yeah, I tend to agree.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
          Yeah, I tend to agree.
          Me too - however, it might make for an interesting fanfic.
          sigpic
          Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Definitely!
            sigpic

Comment

I've always thought if anyone was Jack's 'long-lost son' it was Sheppard - Long, lean, sarcastic, and an Ancient gene seemingly as strong as Jack's.

banlu
              sigpic
              It failed to qualify as a cave, technically speaking, but Jack called it one anyway.
              He'd never been one for speaking technically.

Jaunt to Paradise - Spiletta42

Comment

Originally posted by banlu View Post
                I've always thought if anyone was Jack's 'long-lost son' it was Sheppard - Long, lean, sarcastic, and an Ancient gene seemingly as strong as Jack's.

banlu
                Don't forget Sheppard also has that strong Never leaving a person behind stic that O'Neill has.

Comment

Originally posted by banlu View Post

banlu
                  I actually read a fanfic once about that very idea. I cannot remember the title or where I found it. But in the story, when Jack and Daniel with the rest of the team are stuck in 1969, they get drunk or high and both of them end up having a one night stand with 2 hippie girls that are hitching across country. Long story short, Daniel is Mitchell's biological father, and Jack is Sheppard's.

Also, I read a story yesterday on FF.net called Grandfather Paradox. It is based on the movie Continuum. In the story when Mitchell is stuck in the past waiting between 1929 and 1939, he calls himself Cameron Jackson and marries a woman named Alice. He ends up being Melburn Jackson's dad, Daniel's grandfather.

Comment

Wouldn't that radically change who Daniel Jackson is? Remember, Continuum was not a predestination paradox. Ba'al changed history, Mitchell changed it back. If Mitchell became Jackson's grandfather, a different version of Daniel's father would be born. This would lead to a different Daniel Jackson being born if he were born at all.

Comment

I suppose it would. But it is just a fanfiction, not canon.

Comment

Regardless, shouldn't the show's time-travel rules be acknowledged?

Comment

SG-1's time travel rules are inconsistent anyway.

And no, fanfic doesn't have to be, and generally isn't consistent to the show. It's just for fun.
                          sigpic
                          Banner By JME2

Comment

What's the point of fanfic if it's not going to be consistent with the show? As for time travel rules, they have been very consistent.

"1969" was the first episode to deal with time travel, presenting a predestination paradox. "Window of Opportunity" presented a repeating timeloop with only O'Neill, Teal'c, and an alien archaeologist being aware of events repeating. Next was "2010." Rather than a time travel episode, this was more of an alternate future story. The act of time travel did not happen until the very end of the episode, a single note sent back in time. Breaking away from the predestination concept presented in "1969," this presented the concept of an alterable timeline. All future episodes have presented alterable timelines. In "It's Good to Be King," a timeship was found that was later used in "Moebius." This was the show's best time-travel adventure by far. Not a true time travel story, but in the finale (Unending), SG-1 protected the Odyssey with a time dilation field. The universe outside the ship appeared to be a stand still. In reality, fifty years passed in the time bubble during mere seconds of universe real time. The time dilation field was slammed in reverse, but Teal'c stayed old to pass the information to Carter necessary to save the ship and crew. Continuum followed the same time travel rules as the show, but when the timeline shifted, it happened slowly instead of instantly. Rather than an inconsistency, this was probably just dramatic license.

Comment

What's the point? To be a fun experience to read or write.

And how can you say they;ve been consistent. When you point out their two entirely different methods in the two time travel episodes? First you get the stable loop concept and then you get the 'you can change the past concept' which are entirely different. Hence the lack of consistency, which you yourself outline on your post.
                              sigpic
                              Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                              X