Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beaming Beeman, Greg Beeman blogs again.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beaming Beeman, Greg Beeman blogs again.....

I thought id set up a thread for the blog of Greg Beeman Director/Producer of Heroes. Each week the blog takes a behind the season look at each new episode of heroes, giving insite to the story, the acting and filming of that episode.

The blog can be found here: http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/

Each week ill (or at least someone will) post teaser updates from the blog. Ill recap the first 4 episode to start off. Beware that the blog contains spoliers.
    Last edited by Madwelshboy; 24 February 2009, 01:32 AM.

BEEMAN’S BLOG - SEASON 3 - EPISODE 14

Tonight’s episode was written by Tim Kring and was directed by Greg Yaitanes.

Hello loyal fans and welcome back after 6 long weeks off the air. As we’ve discussed before – the network plans these mid-winter breaks long in advance. First of all, less people watch TV in December and January, and the break is necessary in order to allow us to catch up. Every HEROES episode takes more or less 10 working days to produce, plus a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks to post-produce. Some shows, like “24” and “LOST” have chosen to delay airing until after January in order to run all of their episodes in sequence. We (and NBC) have chosen to premiere in the traditional late-September spot – run thirteen episodes in a row (which, believe me, is hard enough) – and then have a second (almost) continuous run of 12 more until late-April.

Tim Kring has chosen to deal with these inevitable mid-season interruptions by dividing the show up into separate Volumes. Episodes 1 thru 13 of this season were, as we know, entitled “VILLIANS” and this volume will be called “FUGITIVES.” As you may remember, the final scene of episode 13, technically, began this volume. In it, Nathan went to the President of the USA and told him about the “Specials” and asked for a special force, he felt was needed, in order to round them up.

Tim was looking to re-direct the show in several ways with this new story arc. First, the goal was to re-set our HEROES in a way that is more human and earthbound. He sets the episode 6 weeks into the future since the last time we saw them. Each of them has returned to a version of their "normal" life - even though we may not know how they got there. This mystery is part of the fun. Tim also wanted to separate them from each other. He wanted to diminish their powers, especially as regards our two most powerful characters Hiro and Peter. And he then wanted to rip them away from their newfound normalcy and put them into continuous jeopardy by having them pursued and hunted by a new threat which uses tactics that are more aggressive and less forgiving than those imposed by the former “Company.”

Rest at the link:-

http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/2009/...pisode-14.html

Comment

BEEMAN'S BLOG - SEASON THREE - EPISODE 15

Hello and welcome back HEROES-fans. Tonight we bring you another chapter in the fourth volume of the ongoing saga called HEROES. Tonight’s episode was written by Mark Verheiden and was directed by one of our executive producers and frequent directors Allan Arkush.

Mark Verheiden is new to HEROES but probably not to you. He and I worked together on the first three seasons of SMALLVILLE. He is an all-around nice guy and a pleasure to work with.

One of the things I enjoy doing with this blog is using it to introduce you to some aspects of the filmmaking process that you may be unfamiliar with. A critical but often little-thought-about step in the process is that of color timing. Color timing (and I don’t know why it’s called “timing”) is the process in which, after the film has been edited and the visual effects are completed, the show is rectified in terms of its color and overall look. In color timing (also called color correction) every shot in the episode is adjusted and unified so that it (a) goes with all the other shots around it and (b) looks just right.

rest at the link:-
      http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/2009/...e-episode.html

Comment

BEEMAN’S BLOG - SEASON 3 - EPISODE 16

Tonight’s episode was written by Rob Fresco and was directed by Sergio Mimica-Gezzan. Mr. Fresco has been on the HEROES staff all year. This is his second episode. His first was VILLAINS. Rob Fresco's credits This is Sergio’s second full episode for us. He also directed this season’s ONE OF US, ONE OF THEM, as well as what was to be last season’s episode 12, which was begun but never completed and never aired due to the writer’s strike. Sergio Mimica-Gezzan's credits

This marks the third installment in the FUGITIVES arc. As we began prep with Sergio, we familiarized him with some of the stylistic additions we’ve emphasized since episode 14. We are using much more of the handheld, voyeuristic camera style. This is not the style of every storyline, but I pointed out to him, it seemed logical that it follows anything to do with the story of The Hunters and the eponymous BUILDING 26. We also talked at length about the ongoing emotional status of our characters and how, in this volume, the pressure is always on our characters. The emotions are always on simmer and occasionally go to boil!

http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/2009/...pisode-16.html

Comment

BEEMAN'S BLOG - SEASON 3 - EPISODE 17

Tonight’s episode was written by Chris Zatta, Joe Pokaski and Aron Eli Coleite. It was directed by Seith Mann – a newcomer to HEROES. Seith's Credits

Every year, one of the challenges is to try to book directors in to direct the various episodes of HEROES. We know, starting out, that Allan Arkush and I will end up doing 8 to 10 of the 25 episodes. Beyond that, we hope to fill up another 10 or 12 with people who have already successfully done several episodes for us. (i.e. Jeannot Szwarc, Greg Yaitanes, Dan Attias, Sergio Mimica-Gezzan.) But – as a TV producer, one has to be constantly discovering and trying out new people all the time. New directors come to our attention in a number of ways. Sometimes it’s as simple as – Allan Arkush or Dennis Hammer or one of the writers or I will be home watching TV and a particularly good episode of some show will come on – and we’ll keep a mental note of who directed it. I also make a point of talking to my other friends who direct or produce and ask them who they like. NBC and Universal also are always recommending people to us who have done well on other shows. There are also a large number of agencies in Los Angeles who represent directors – and agents are always calling and pitching their clients to us. As soon as a season is done, a lot of my time gets devoted to watching DVDs of episodes to familiarize myself with the many directors out there.

Rest at the link:-
          http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/2009/...pisode-17.html

Comment

BEEMAN’S BLOG - SEASON 3 - EPISODE 18

Tonight’s episode was written by Adam Armus and Kay Foster Adam's Credits Kay's Credits

It was directed by veteran Eric Laneuville Eric's Credits

Hello trusted fans... I'm sorry for the short post tonight. I'm directing the season finale and that's taking up quite a bit of time... Also, because Allan Arkush has been on set directing the second-to-last episode, I've been in post-production a little more than usual. I love this - but it's taken time away from lengthy blogs... Don't worry I'll find more time next week for episode 19 which I also directed.

Meanwhile I've tried to present an assortment of fun photos - some from set I took - but many from tonight's blog are by Wendi Avignone - our super-talented makeup artist. You may recognize some from the super-bowl spot.

http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/2009/...pisode-18.html

Comment

BEEMAN’S BLOG - SEASON 3 - EPISODE 19

WARNING – SPOILERS ARE CONTAINED WITHIN!

Tonight’s episode was written by Oliver Grigsby and was directed by me, your humble blogger – Greg Beeman

Okay – so, before we get started with the regular blog – please check out go to the following link:

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/novels_library.shtml

This week, besides directing, I wrote and illustrated the weekly HEROES COMIC which appears online at NBC.com after our episode airs tonight on the West Coast - so about 1am for you East Coasters. Here’s a couple of example pages, it's Chapter 128 and titled "Puppet With No Strings."

http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/2009/...pisode-19.html

Comment

Working...
              X