Atlantis > Superhive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis > Superhive?

A lot of people on this forum seem to think that Atlantis did rather poorly when it took on the superhive in EATG. After watching the episode a few more times I beg to differ.

Towards the end of the battle, just before the nuke goes off, we see that the hive has stopped firing. It is obvious from other episodes that the Wraith keep up a constant stream of fire on any enemy ship, so it is a fair assumption that Atlantis must have disabled the superhives weapons. This would decrease the drain on the city shield, and if Beckett stopped firing (as he had done at this point) he may have had enough power to pull the city up and finish off the hive.

So if the nuke had not gone off for some reason, would Atlantis have been able to take out the superhive?
    sigpic

No she woulden't

And atlantis didn't take out the weapons thats just actors misstake.
    sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

If there wasn't a planet there to drain the shield, it would've been more even. However, with no planet, the darts would've been attacking Atlantis as well and the superhive would've eventually won.

Comment

The ancients weren't all that. An upgraded 304 is the best ship in SG (until uber beams get installed on Oneils). The ancients got owned by hives and cruisers (even ZPM powered variants).

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
          The ancients weren't all that. An upgraded 304 is the best ship in SG (until uber beams get installed on Oneils). The ancients got owned by hives and cruisers (even ZPM powered variants).
          Ancient ships were able to go deep into Wraith territory for months, the Phoenix got owned by 3 Hives in what a matter of weeks?

Ancient ships without ZPM's owned Hives and Cruisers with ease, ZPM powered varients would be even better. There's no basis to anything you've said beyond Asgard fanboyness.
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Anybody that tells you that atlantis is actually more powerful than the superhive is just an Ancient fanboy plain and simple.

Look I'm sorry, and I'm not singling anyone in this thread out specifically, but I've seen so much of this since EatG aired and well, that's what it comes down to, fanboyism. When you get the actual battle shown in an episode and the hive clearly wins with no obvious "unfair advantage" mentioned by anyone, and you respond to this by launching off into elaborate excuses as to why your beloved Atlantis lost, then you're a fanboy.

Comment

I'd suggest we wait a bit for that superb film they're cooking to learn a bit more about the conditions of the showdown.

Both sides have been utterly stupid in their use of the technology, so it's very open to interpretation as to who did what...
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Atlantis definately lost that battle although that was due to a massive reconning of its shields and I'm of the opinion that the Drones were causing some damage. In the end the Superhive would definately have won.
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                  I'd suggest we wait a bit for that superb film they're cooking to learn a bit more about the conditions of the showdown.

Both sides have been utterly stupid in their use of the technology, so it's very open to interpretation as to who did what...
                  The movie's going to be more about the Ancient/Wraith war and not just some lame carry over "bonus episode" bull**** from the current non existant story arcs? If that's true it would probably be the best idea they've had in years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                    The movie's going to be more about the Ancient/Wraith war and not just some lame carry over "bonus episode" bull**** from the current non existant story arcs? If that's true it would probably be the best idea they've had in years.
                    Nope, sorry. By showdown I meant that fantastic battle we got served with in EatMe. The few bits I've read about the movie say it will follow this arc and deal with Atlantis put on Earth.

By "deal", I mean more stupid aliens and guns.
                    And an extra dose of Carterism, because that's all we ask for, don't we?
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                      Nope, sorry. By showdown I meant that fantastic battle we got served with in EatMe. The few bits I've read about the movie say it will follow this arc and deal with Atlantis put on Earth.

By "deal", I mean more stupid aliens and guns.
                      And an extra dose of Carterism, because that's all we ask for, don't we?
                      Hey, if she finally gets naked I could get on board with it.

That's a let down though, the Ancient Wraith war would actually make very good fodder for an SG movie.

-It's easy enough to shoehorn the cast into it with some sort of typically bs timetravel story. "Oh no the badguys are going back in time to give nukes to Hitler intergalactic hyperdrives and Earth's location to the top Wraith queen!

-Very easy to pad it out with what's primarily an FX orgy

-Story already largly told so even less effort

-Potential to once again show how superior the USAF is to the ancients

-Great potential to introduce even more cripplingly awful contradictions into established canon

As a potential SG movie idea it just can't lose!

Comment

Hey, if she finally gets naked I could get on board with it.
                        Never going to happen.
                        Especially since Wright is going to give us his own prude and superior edit of CotG to turn it into a TV movie.

That's a let down though, the Ancient Wraith war would actually make very good fodder for an SG movie.
                        In competent hands, yes. I'm still stuck at Lost City, when it comes to the last time I saw a good and true finale.

-It's easy enough to shoehorn the cast into it with some sort of typically bs timetravel story. "Oh no the badguys are going back in time to give nukes to Hitler intergalactic hyperdrives and Earth's location to the top Wraith queen!

-Very easy to pad it out with what's primarily an FX orgy

-Story already largly told so even less effort

-Potential to once again show how superior the USAF is to the ancients

-Great potential to introduce even more cripplingly awful contradictions into established canon

As a potential SG movie idea it just can't lose!
                        Shh... they're listening.

Comment

Anybody that tells you that atlantis is actually more powerful than the superhive is just an Ancient fanboy plain and simple.

Look I'm sorry, and I'm not singling anyone in this thread out specifically, but I've seen so much of this since EatG aired and well, that's what it comes down to, fanboyism. When you get the actual battle shown in an episode and the hive clearly wins with no obvious "unfair advantage" mentioned by anyone, and you respond to this by launching off into elaborate excuses as to why your beloved Atlantis lost, then you're a fanboy.
                          I'm sorry but I could clearly hear
                          "The force of enemy weapon's fire has pushed us into a lower orbit- we're skimming the atmosphere.
                          It's draining the shield"

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                            I'm sorry but I could clearly hear
                            "The force of enemy weapon's fire has pushed us into a lower orbit- we're skimming the atmosphere.
                            It's draining the shield"
                            ...Why are you sorry again? You're clearly agreeing with it.
                            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Precisely, I wouldn't exactly call the superhive's weapons pasting Atlantis so hard as to physically push the whole thing into the atmosphere as proof that Atlantis is actually the superior combatant.

Comment

Working...
                              X