Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thermi View Post
    I think the term OVERKILL!!! is not enough

Nemesis took that term, beat it up, smaked it around with a baseball bat, shot, stamped on, face planted into a wall and smashed round the face with a turkey sandwhich. lol

Time for a Beardy Meredith Medal A+ Gold Star I think.

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
    That is def fanwank!

I think that Nemises has created a whole new term for fanwank, infact if "fanwank" and "beardiness" had a child it would be caled "Nemises aurora class". People keep looking at the ships weapon systems but that ship has 12 zpms, 20 ion generators and 100 naquadah generators!
    It's never gonna die, would probably take out the entire Wraith fleet, Ori Fleet, Asurans, Goauld and only lose 1% of it's shields during each battle.
    Way too much.

Why turkey? lol
    Turkey's nice for Xmas dinner, have the left overs with some Coleslaw in a nice salad sandwich.

Comment

i admit i went way overboard there...though i forgot to add the asgard core and aschen laser beams which killed sg1 in alternate future 2010 for internal security

but the frightening thing is that the ancients could have built that ship with slight assistance from the asgard

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
        Why turkey? lol
        Team Fortress 2: The Heavy's "Turkey Sandwich" (It is a video)

and cus turkey is awesome

People will know that in TF2 the heavy units can eat a sandwich and restore their health lol
        sigpic

Comment

HMMMMM?

I would have my ship the same design as the one from grace.

Weapons
          Its original ones + 5 asgard PB weapons
          2 at the front 1 at the rear and 2 on the wings.
          Back up weapons
          Misiles+railguns
          302's(10) released from the underbelly
          302's Fire mini drones not bullets.

Defences
          Odessy shields
          Small turrets(mini drones) to stop close range fighter attacks.
          Internal Defences
          Aschen laser things from 2010

Power
          ZPM for shields and hyperdrive
          NIG(nutrino ion generator)for weapons plus 1 back up.

Asgard intergalactic hyperdrive and oddesy impulse drive.

Ori control chair, it dosent do aything i just want it cos it looks good.

Not to powerfull i dont think, i could have gone nuts.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MkF_Smity View Post
            First off, what exactly is fan wank? and also I have a ship design that I have been working on since season 6 of SG1.... its all sketches in my notbooks and a few poorly made 3d models but here it is.

Ship Name: Alkali (Spelling needs work)
            Flite Designation: Hunter I

Size: 100 ft wide 200 ft long. so this is more of a fighter then a ship but it is big enough to hold its own. this can attack ships and participate in dog fights. it DOES NOT FIT THREW THE GATE. but is can land in a 304's hanger... barely.

Weapons:
            2X 105 forward Mounted Rail guns
            2X 76 Rear Facing Dual Railguns Turrets
            2x 6-8 Internal Rotarty missile Launchers*
            1X MiniAnti Ship rocket pod (Starboard)
            1X Alkali Anti Ship Repeter Gun (Port)

Bomb Bay:
            Two Bays capable of holding either 3 of my protoDrone Nuke hybride Missle or 3 Military Grade Naquadah Power Generators for the Alkali Gun.

Landing Gear:
            6wheel extendable with deployable skiis and Maglock for hull docking.

Armor / sheilds:
            tauri Made asgard shield capable of withstanding dart/deathglider fire w/ limited hits from alkesh and ori fighters.
            Carbon/Naqudah/Trinium armor

Engines:
            2x main Ion Engines for primary thrust.
            4x Secondary Ion Engines for stability.
            12 + Cellular Wave engines....... I made this up, Its a gamma engine which is emitted in a grid of cells which make up the larger engine..... If an energy weapon hits this only the cells which are impacted lose power there for making the engine usable and nanite can repair the cells as needed. This is a multi directional engine which allows for extreme manuverability and can actually propel the craft up, down, and side to side. This allows for barrel rolls, corkscrews and other namuvers which are not commonly seen in space battles.

Deck Sections:
            Cargo bay 1 1/3 times the size of a jumper.
            living quarters for 4 man crew.
            Flight Deck = 3 cockpit Stations for Commander/ Pilot/ weapons officer,
            1 internal station for radio/engineer

Additional Technology
            Fleet Hyperdrive: Capable of local jumps in hyperspace when by itself and intergalactic jumps in battle groups.

Inertial Dampeners= standard

Nanite Repair team: Much Dumber then replicators but can repair the ship during battle if the resources are available.

Asgard site to site weapons transfer system: If a frigate is in close proximity this craft can restock missles and railgun ammunition during flight. Transmitters are located in the rotarty missle launcher, forward and aft rail guns and the bomb bays.

Halogram AI of an Angineer can assist the crew and manage the nanite repair team. This is an image of a conciosness that has served many years and is loyal to the airforce...... originally i slated thor for this posotion but seeing as how that really isnt possible i think it would be carter.

For awhile I considerd the armor to be the same as anubis's warriors but i think that would be pushing it.

So there it is. I'll type up it's story some time and send it to whoever is interested.
            This could be a nice ship. Not fanwank AT ALL. I just have one question, what are the less good points for the ship?

www.darkarmada.nl
            www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

What exactly do you mean by "the less good points"? if that means the negatives here is what i have come up with....

the ship's hyperdrive is not interstellar or intergalactic. it can make short jumps in local systems and from one planet to another. It can sustain intergalactic hyprespace flight by perticipating in battle groups or hull docking on larger ships.

as it is so large more then one in a 304's hanger would be a major inconveiniecne* that is why it can rearm using the asgard beams and I forgot to mention that is has a tube like conection similar to current space docking ports this runs vertically threw the whip inbetween the living corters and the cargo bay on the starboard side.

As far as its role in space battles it can survive a dogfight with smaller craft and still perform bombing runs on large ships. the Alkali gun allows for the greatest impact on a capitol ship but sustained fire deprives other ship systems of power.

This ship is dependent on others the way a 302 is dependent on a 304.

i have a really bad model that I can show you.... I made it about 4 + years ago....its very low poly and has no materials but gives you an idea of the form. Originally i named is x309 now it is a AC-310.
              Attached Files

Comment

that are indeed the less good things of it.

www.darkarmada.nl
                www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by MkF_Smity View Post
                  What exactly do you mean by "the less good points"? if that means the negatives here is what i have come up with....

the ship's hyperdrive is not interstellar or intergalactic. it can make short jumps in local systems and from one planet to another. It can sustain intergalactic hyprespace flight by perticipating in battle groups or hull docking on larger ships.

as it is so large more then one in a 304's hanger would be a major inconveiniecne* that is why it can rearm using the asgard beams and I forgot to mention that is has a tube like conection similar to current space docking ports this runs vertically threw the whip inbetween the living corters and the cargo bay on the starboard side.

As far as its role in space battles it can survive a dogfight with smaller craft and still perform bombing runs on large ships. the Alkali gun allows for the greatest impact on a capitol ship but sustained fire deprives other ship systems of power.

This ship is dependent on others the way a 302 is dependent on a 304.

i have a really bad model that I can show you.... I made it about 4 + years ago....its very low poly and has no materials but gives you an idea of the form. Originally i named is x309 now it is a AC-310.
                  TBH i dont really like the curvy alien look about the fighter. i mean i like the cool earthy look our fighters have now and i would like to think that though we are pretty much copying everything from the asgard, we put our own distinct earthy touch to it.
                  STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Well I have been struglling with the ship since earlier in the SG 1 seasons. It was inspired by a deathglider.

Since SG-1 ended i've sketched a few ideas and since Atlantis ended I have some good ideas about the ships story..... as far as the curvy shape it is do to the location of its manuvering engines, also i was thinking of this ship as a b-2 bomber style body design...... low and wide with curved features.... so the fuselage and structure is in fact an earthy design.

as far as its role in battle it's more like an ac130 gunship..... the giant artillery platfrom used in the transformers movie..... hence the X-AC310 designation mentioned above.

Comment

I like to try an build a ship, the fact is easy , but what about a model of that, any awesome program to use (I am not a super PC user, but got it ie Joans learning fast)
                      Shows I see:Stargate, Bones, Fringe, Supernatural, V 2009, Top gear, Criminal Minds, Sanctuary
                      Things I like:Kids, My wife, My god old Ferrari, My(wife´s) Audi RS4, Intel PC

Comment

Name: Earth Ship Legacy (aka "Thor")
                        Origin: Human made O'Neil Asgard class ship resized to a length of max. 350 meters (something like 30% more than BC-304 which is about 270?)
                        Crew: up to 50 people, 1 can control the whole ship
                        Weapons: Beam Weapons + railguns + canons located on Battlestar Pegasus (from Battlestar Galactica TV Series) + nukes (simultaneous multiple nuke transport) + human made drones or missiles
                        Armor/Shields: Outer hull of a ship made from a nanite-cells (auto-regeneration), inside hull from strongest material Asgard/ancient/human possible + Asgard shields located on BC-304 / O'Neil for backup in case that outer hull would fail or if you face unknown ship / enemy.
                        Engines: latest Asgard technology (same options, but of course resized) + sub light engines capable of 99.99% speed of light.
                        Power: 4 enhanced NIG generators, resized to fit this ship
                        Other:
                        - 2 hangar areas for F-302's or some other smaller ships, same size than hangars located on BC-304.
                        - on board stargate able to contact gates in other galaxies
                        - multipurpose rooms for research, visitors, etc.
                        - small prison (2 cells) + interrogation room
                        - other useful stuff

Comment

Originally posted by comperius View Post
                          Origin: Human made O'Neil Asgard class ship resized to a length of max. 350 meters (something like 30% more than BC-304 which is about 270?)
                          Weapons: Beam Weapons + railguns + canons located on Battlestar Pegasus (from Battlestar Galactica TV Series) + nukes (simultaneous multiple nuke transport) + human made drones or missiles
                          Armor/Shields: Outer hull of a ship made from a nanite-cells (auto-regeneration), inside hull from strongest material Asgard/ancient/human possible + Asgard shields located on BC-304 / O'Neil for backup in case that outer hull would fail or if you face unknown ship / enemy.
                          Engines: latest Asgard technology (same options, but of course resized) + sub light engines capable of 99.99% speed of light.
                          Other:
                          - 2 hangar areas for F-302's or some other smaller ships, same size than hangars located on BC-304.
                          - other useful stuff

So is your ship named "Legacy or Thor"? Only reason is that I have a ship named legacy that I have been writing a short story for and I don't want to encrouch on your creative property. Also good job using restraint with your ship.... alot of people have been talking about earth using the oneill class ship design and i like that you downsized it and made it more obtaineable.

some people seem to think that what happened at the end of SG 1 gave earth unlimited potential the next day when infact there will be a big lag time between that episode and a lot of these ship designs.

I'd like to see some drawings of you design also, or a rendering.

Comment

well this ship in reality doesn't have any name. I used Legacy because I was out of ideas for naming ship, but I got the idea that ship would have modified Asgard Core with Thor's hologram which would help commander of the ship all the time. So that's why I named it "aka Thor".

Otherwise design of the ship will be very simple. imagine BC-304, give it some smooth lines, extend the hanger bays in to a wings and add some sensors "towers/extra wings" on the wings, extend the ship for what 80 meters in length and that's it. The only new part is the start of the ship where you have to resize the start of Battlestar Pegasus to fit this ship design. and you have the whole ship.

I don't do designs for now, but maybe some day .

Comment

Originally posted by comperius View Post
                              Other:
                              - other useful stuff
                              actually that would be bad because that close to the speed of light you would have to take relativity into account and when you go that fast you would be out of contact with the outside world and time would go slower on the inside and go way faster on the outside, which basically means that if you had stasis chambers and like 24 years, you would be able to go from MW to pegasus but since sublites dont ever need to go that fast and it would be bad if it did, they shouldnt even be capable of doing so just in case.
                              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

yes, but iit's only an option. or a bonus. whatever you name it .

Comment

Working...
                                X