build your own ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

build your own ship

If u could build your own ship what way would u make it eg use the same things earth uses for the 304s or organic like the warith ships and what kind of wepons & engines would it have the werider the better.

For me i would make a Goa'uld mother ship with wraith parts but still have shields and use drones as my weapons and goa'uld hyperdrive with a ZMP

I think I'd keep the basic 304 frame and some of the tech since it seems to work pretty well as it is.

Taking a leaf out of the Wraith's book I'd use some self repairing hull armor, but instead of the biological type tech the Wraith uses have specially programmed nanites that use some special capacitors to supply energy ready to convert into a dense armor.
    After each battle a team of special engineers on the ship would analyze enemy weapons fire, the kind of impact it has on things like shields, feedback from the impacts taken and configure the armor to work better at defending against those weapons should the shields ever fail.

Add a few extra sets of shield emitters and capacitors as back ups set on rotational patterns to take stress off of the main emitters during battle when the shields are down to 10%, perhaps build in some extra versions of the 304's power generators to get the shields on a par with the Odyssey in the ships standard state, with the rotational back up emitters taking the shield endurance even further.

The plasma beam weapons seem fine as a main weapon, I'd keep the rail guns, perhaps adding in some higher yield explosive rounds for that extra bit of a punch against Wraith ships and as a final addition I'd remove the standard nukes and upgrade them to a Human equivalent to the Ancient's Drones.
    The HDrones as they'd be called would be smaller, have better propulsion tech (possibly the inertial Goauld Death Glider drives), have shields so that they can reach their targets and punch through a Hive or Cruisers armor to then explode from the inside of the ship, each weapon could be manufactured on ship using matter converters once stocks get low.

The 302s carried by the 304s would be replaced with a newer high-tech Asgard/Tauri tech fighter, using an Asgard core we could probably now figure out how to make the Goauld's inertial drives on the Death Gliders so replace the old engines on a 302 with those, shrink down a decent shield generator, small plasma cannons and possibly some small mobile explosives, kinda like mobile rail gun shells could be added.
    I'd increase the length of the 304s 302 bays to accommodate the extra power generators and still keep the fighter carrying capacity.

Comment

my ship would be a M-9 Battlecruiser
      they are 304 in design but much larger and a lot wider
      they are powered by DX-99 Ion Generators (you wouldnt know it)
      Trelos Class 900 Shielding Unit (Can stop Drones)
      Graviton Cloaking Generator
      Trelos Hyperdrive (over 5,000,000 X Speed of light maximum)
      Backup Hyperjump Drive V.2.0
      16 Plasma Canons
      4 Ion Beam Weapons
      Holds approxiametly 3000 Crew

It is capable of destroying Ori Motherships, Wraith Hive Ships, Super Hives, 304's, Asgard Ships, Ancient Warships, Hatak and Replicator Ships.......so i win!

Comment

^5 million xC is actually slower than the 304 by about 55 million xC-That is if you were'nt intentionally trying to make your ship slower

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          my ship would be a M-9 Battlecruiser
          they are 304 in design but much larger and a lot wider
          they are powered by DX-99 Ion Generators (you wouldnt know it)
          Trelos Class 900 Shielding Unit (Can stop Drones)
          Graviton Cloaking Generator
          Trelos Hyperdrive (over 5,000,000 X Speed of light maximum)
          Backup Hyperjump Drive V.2.0
          16 Plasma Canons
          4 Ion Beam Weapons
          Holds approxiametly 3000 Crew

It is capable of destroying Ori Motherships, Wraith Hive Ships, Super Hives, 304's, Asgard Ships, Ancient Warships, Hatak and Replicator Ships.......so i win!
          I'd don't remember this stuff (in bold) being shown in cannon.
          That's all a bit too much Beardiness for my liking.

Comment

Mine would be simple

A small attack vessel design
            Very Manouverable-possible with Traveler manouverability
            1 Asgard Plasma Beam Weapon
            4 Asgard Pulse Cannons (Light)
            Asgard designed shields (White)
            Asgard Intergalactic Hyperdrive
            around 100 meters long

Can take out Ha'taks, Wraith Cruisers, Small stuff

Comment

I'd actually like to see a joint Tokra/Free Jaffa Nation ship. Both cultures are now free of Goauld oppression and are free to do whatever they want. Obviously it is in their best needs to build defense for their newly formed Nations. I think the best choice would be to team up. The Tokra have experiance with technology and engineering and have worked with the Jaffa in the past. The Jaffa have access to dozens of worlds rich with Naquada mines and abandoned goauld manufacturing plants, in addition to the manpower. Due to the size of the Jaffa Nation, ships could be built much faster than the people of Earth due to their large number of planets and population. In addition to these strong points, both cultures have a strong alliance with Earth which has aquirred advanced Asgard and Ancient technologies. So here we go.

Dakara class Battlecruiser
              The Dakara class Battlecruiser is the first in a line of many ships designed for the Tokra and Jaffa people. In cooperation between Tokra engineers and Jaffa builders, the Dakara is now becoming the replacement for the aging technology of the old Hatak class vessels. Armed with standard energy blasts based on existing goauld technology, the vessel also borrows many ideas from their Tauri allies such as an advanced interstellar hyperdrive and teleport beaming technology. The Dakara also has one forward firing Asgard beam weapon and two hangars for gliders and Alkesh. With shielding equivalent to the Daedalus class cruisers, the Dakara can stand it's own in battles.

Length:
              900 meters
              Width:
              650 meters
              Height/depth:
              275 meters
              Fuel:
              Naquadah
              Hyperdrive system:
              Intergalactic/Extragalactic (about 75% speed of Daedalus cruisers)
              Power plant:
              High-Yield Naquada/Naquadria generator
              Shielding:
              Asgard based Mark III Shielding
              Weapons:
              * 1 Asgard Beam Weapon
              * 40 staff cannons based energy weapons
              * 10 beam delivered naquadah bombs (equivalent to a Mark VIII nuclear device)
              * 1 beam delivered "Gate buster" bomb
              Complement:
              * Twelve wings of gliders
              * Three wings of al-kesh bombers
              Utilities:
              * 3 ring transporters
              * 1 Stargate (optional)
              * Asgard Beaming Device
              Known Ships of this Class:
              * The Dakara
              * The Bretac
              * The Egeria

I obviously made this ship the natural successor to the Hatak. Much stronger than the Goauld vessel, but not as strong as the Daedalus class ships with only one beam cannon. These would (eventually when enough could be built) win by fleet tactics, unlike the Earth ships that due to their limited amount have to rely on being good all around brawlers.

Comment

Prometheus class battle carrier
                Spec:30 decks,300 crew Max of 600 length 600m can hold 2 BSC-304

Power:4 Ion Gen. (2 ION in backup)

Weapons:20 VLS tubes whit 30 Mk.IX, 8 Plasma beams, 10 asgard pulse weapons and 70 Rail Guns

Fighters:30 F-302s

Defence:Asgard shields(Mk.X)20 Rail Guns(anti fighter)

Prupolsion: 4 Intergalaktic hyper drive 6 sublight drives capeball of going 99.9 Speed of light
                sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

I'd take a page from the wraith's book, and use a way of growing a hull over a frame. The frame its self would be small, as would the ship, no figters, no drones. 'bout 75m long, a wingspan of 95m, normal body with 32.5m, 25m high, but the main body is 'bout 15m high.

The weapons compliment would include a few anti fighter staff cannons/rail guns, 2 Asgard Plasma Beam weapons, and a few nuclear weapons mounted in a naquadah torpedo casing with a Death Glider engine.

Defenses, Asgard shields, obviously, for it is an Earth vessel. Also because I took a page of the Wraith's book it has a regenerable hull, which is rather dense because during the build, a lot of power went in to it, to make it dense. And don't forget some cloaking devise.

Engines, Asgard Intergalactic Hyperdrive, sublight engines faster then an X-304.

Power supply is created by means of a few naquadah generators, and if there is a ZedPM available one COULD power the ship, but it is not part of the normal equipment.

If you ask me about why I'd have wings on it, well, wings have the ability to create a much larger and more accurate weapons range. They are as I know rather weak and presumably easy to shoot off. But if you take the defenses into account it will make it less vulnerable and will most likely turn the tables into a plus rather then a minus. It would also give the ship much more ease when going into atmospheric flight, and give while a thin ship a broad fire range especially to defend against fighters and use the main weapons to attack, at a wide angle, the main adversary, most likely a carrier or a large warship like the Ori Mothership.

The main weakness of the ship would be its greatest advantage, the cloak, for the cloak can't be operated at the same time as the shields. On the moment of cloaking there are about 10 seconds in which the ship has no shields, and is visible. Also at that moment the hull actually is at its weakest, for the hull to have to readjust a bit, the cloak generates a radiation that is the reason for that minor readjustment. If the ship does not utilize its cloaking capability, it actually is a sitting duck, she's fast, but not maneuverable. She needs to use hit and run tactics to fully utilize her full potential.

A full assault is something she can't do except if she is in a battle group of 3+ ships. The pilots and weapons officers have the remarkable option to work together, by means of a neural interface, with the pilots and weapons officers from the other ships in the battle group. This way they can triangulate weapons fire much faster and can maneuver much closer together and because they all have the same maneuverability problem they wont hit each other.

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

would like to see all the ships go up against each other

Comment

Originally posted by LORD_RA View Post
                      would like to see all the ships go up against each other
                      well, that does not really sound plausible, for the ships are of allied nations... Those wont fight each other, unless a war would start.

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Wasp Destroyer

100m long
                        Asgard Hyperdrives
                        The shields used in the 304 but smaller.

12 medium lasers. Each laser has a maximum energy output of 10 Gigajoules. At 1 GJ (eq to 240 Kg TNT, I think it's enough to destroy an fighter) it should be able to deliver that energy to the target within 100 microseconds and should be able to fire at least 2.5 times per second (with proportional times for other energy outputs). The ship has sensors, software and 1 or 2 humans to separate friendly fighters from enemies and target them. Each laser turret can rotate quickly and independently from the others. As lasers are very precise and move at the speed of light the laser almost always will hit the target (that means up to 30 dead darts per second).

Many naquadah enhaced nuclear missiles. As darts are destroyed by lasers all the missiles can reach the target causing massive damage.

Comment

I would keep the Aroura design. But i would increase the density of the meatal used, and like Locutes's idea, have a nanite alloy on the hull acting as Ablative armour (INcase the shields fail) and i would re-enforce the hull plating on the bride, and make the "window" on the bridge out of somekind of transparent meatalic substance that will not shatter like glass

I would have 3 city ship shield generators on a roatating shield modulation in a close knit webbing. I would have 3 back-up generator. And an independant ZPM to seperatly power the main and back-up generators.

I would have a Stardrive as my main Hyperdrive engine, with a Ancients interstellar drive as the back-up, and again i would have a ZPM powering the main and another ZPM as a back-up. Also would have the Aroura's sublight's.

For the main weapons i would have a complete X, Y and Z axis fireing arc with Plasma Weapons, Pulse Weapons, Railguns(Point Defence) and obviously Drones. With 2 ZPM's, one main and one backup. Also each weapons emmiter (Gun Bit) will be spaced 2 meteres away from the last one of it's kind, (Ie The Pulse cannons would be placed 2 square metres apart)

I would have a cloacking device with it's own dedicated power scource, so the shields and weapons can be used at the same time.

Also i would increase the overall size of ship as too add a compartment hold in the centre of the ship, that will be able to house all of the ZPM's aswell as about 20 spares also i would have roughly 8 NIG's (Neutronium Ion Generator's) too provide extra power to all systems aswell as power main systems to take the pressure off of the ZPM's (and yes i am seriouse)

I would also have Modified puddle jumpers, so they can fly remotely and have increase offencive and defencive capability's, and launch them when i am attacked or attacking. I would have all shipboard systems locked-out to all people unless they have a specific gene (ATA and my own "Special" gene).

I would have back-ups of life support systems and other vital systems.

I think that about covers it
                          sigpic

Comment

Take the Pillar of Autumn from halo, give it Ancient shields,drones and hyperdrive (keep the MAC), and hundreds of Vipers from re-imagined BSG

That would be one hell of a ship!!

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

my new warship class vessel will be designated the x305 and will highly include asgard technology as well as some other various technology.

the ship will be twice the size of the current x304 but with the same look. the added square footage is to make the hangers twice the size so that the ship will now hold 16 improved x302s(ill describe them later) as well as additional storage and crew quarters.

wepons:
                              the ship will be equiped with 16 asgard beam wepon arrays. they will be located in the forward, aft, top, and bottom sections of the ship. there will also be rail guns located on the top and bottom sections containing ammunition that will be constantly feed using asgard matter conversion tech. each rail gun can shoot about 5000 rounds per minute. also there will be 10 armorys full of the most powerful naquada enhanced warheads ready to be beamed to their targets.

defences:
                              the ship will be equiped with 4 shield generators that each protect one of the 4 various sections. each will have a back up shield generator. each shield generator is equiped with 2 mark 12 naquada reactors to act as an independant power source so that power to the generators wont be interupted. the ship will also be equiped with a phase cloak. the ship is also equiped with a time dialation device.

propulsion:
                              the ship will be propelled by the most powerfull asgard hyperdrive that they ever created enabling them to cross hundreds of thousands of light years in a matter of hours. the ship will also have sublight engins capable of going 3/4 the speed of light.

engine room and bridge:
                              the bridge will have control of the entire ship and to help best control the asgard systems they have 3 asgard computer core interface terminals that control wepons, defences and the propulsion and transporters. in the engine room their is an asgard computer core thats hooked into the entire ship.

power source:
                              the ship will be equiped with 4 nutrino ion generators but the nutrino ion generators are only used for a handfull of systems like the phase cloak and hyperdrive. almost every critical systems are powered by independant mark 12 naquada reactors.

internal security and transporters:
                              their will be force fields as well as emergency bulk heads that will protect sensitive areas like the bridge, engine room , and the armorys. the small arms armorys will have zats p90s and some energy based wepons to be desinged later. every member of the crew will also have an implant that will give that person a certin security clearence that will open doors to areas of his designated security clearence. each crew member will also carry an emergncy transport beacons that will transport them to a life pod in the event that destruction of the ship is eminent. the elevators will also be replaced with transport stations like in atlantis.

life pods:
                              the life pods will just be 2 man stasis chambers powered by a small mark 2 reactor. they are desinged that way so that no supplies are nessisary. it will also be equiped with a subspace beacon.

x302s:
                              the x302 will be retro fitted with a small asgard beam wepon array as well as a small shield that will protect it for a short time. it will also be equiped with an emergency cock pit ejection system. the engine will also be replaced with an inertialess drive.
                              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Working...
                              X