X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    There are ways around that.
    Yea, they will find ancient weapons stunners on board and they won't even need P90's!
    sigpic
    Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

am i the only person who thinks that the name of the ship - destiny, is just a bit lame?
      "i'm not doctor weir"

yeah, damn straight.

Comment

Originally posted by face of jase. View Post
        am i the only person who thinks that the name of the ship - destiny, is just a bit lame?
        Nope! I agree! Maybe that's the Human name for it! It might turn out to be some ancient general name like the orion was originally named hippafalkrus sp?
        sigpic
        Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad9 View Post
          Aside from the weapons and ammo part, I think you're forgetting this is a TV show.

Raise your hand if you want to watch a show about people who look like they haven't showered in a month. Their skin tones would be different, and I don't mean dirt. I mean the layer of grime that accrues when you don't bathe. Their hair would look like it was wet from all of the grease, also nice. I hope their facial hair comes in evenly and nicely, and that the women don't have any. Unibrows are nice too.

Mmmm, yellow teeth. Fancy.
          lol if i want to see any of that kind of bad hygene ill go hang out with my cousin who im not all to fond of...hmmm can u guess why?

Comment

Originally posted by andy tyler View Post
            they're on a spaceship. how many P90 rounds could you possibly need.
            they could make their own bullets!how awesome would that be to see lt.scott all covered in mud and dirt..maybe some war paint sitting over a fire making p90 rounds lol

Comment

Raise your hand if you want to watch a show about people who look like they haven't showered in a month. Their skin tones would be different, and I don't mean dirt. I mean the layer of grime that accrues when you don't bathe. Their hair would look like it was wet from all of the grease, also nice.
              Raises hand. If there's going to be a big drama about them running out of supplies etc. I'm just going to laugh if it looks like they have a never ending stock of soap and shampoo with them.
              sigpic

Comment

How many ppl would tune in to see a show about BO and dirty people?

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                  It wouldn't just be about that - the BO and dirt would be a side effect of running out of supplies. I wouldn't expect them all to have hysterics about the lack of soap and shampoo if they're desperately in need of more food.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike272 View Post
                    I really like the idea, however, for TPTB, that's a little too progressive of a thought process.
                    Oh, please. Why do people always go to that argument? How about the fact that people don't want to watch a show with hairy unshaven women and men, with greasy hair and filthy clothes? How about the fact that they'd either have to have an extra few hours of makeup for each person for each scene, or just stop the actors from shaving at all (including the women). Just so you can have your 'gritty realistic' show. You know actors have lives too. People always forget that.

Comment

Originally posted by GateTrek View Post
                      Atlantis was cut off from earth for almost a year and yet they managed to keep clean and stocked dressed with fresh clothes, had food, they never mentioned they had some sort of replicator ( yes like in star trek, no not in those damn bugs!). i will admit that the PG did have human races descendant from the ancients that seeded life in the PG, but since the ancients abandoned the Destiny project, they never got the chance to seed life in these other galaxies and they may not be humanoid like people to trade with, i imagine they might be a lot of salads of they go to planets with just plant life!

Did you see the pilot, where they brought a couple of rather large boxes with them?

Food, on the other hand, was traded for and grown themselves after a period.

Comment

I hope it turns out like BSG where the dirt is visible. They never always look 100% and that's what I liked about it.

Comment

Aside from the weapons and ammo part, I think you're forgetting this is a TV show.

Raise your hand if you want to watch a show about people who look like they haven't showered in a month. Their skin tones would be different, and I don't mean dirt. I mean the layer of grime that accrues when you don't bathe. Their hair would look like it was wet from all of the grease, also nice. I hope their facial hair comes in evenly and nicely, and that the women don't have any. Unibrows are nice too.

Mmmm, yellow teeth. Fancy.
                          *Raises Hand*

it might be a scifi show but i want some degree of realism - in star trek voyager there are several sites that tear the show appart (the amount of shuttles lost, torpedos fired, crew dead ect.) Actually this is a very good point - what will be the total size of the crew? will every loss be a crippling blow or will they pick up others along the way to swell there ranks?

Im sorry but this is the exact reason i made this topic in the hope that what you said is wrong i dont want the characters to be hot just for the sake of them being hot can they not actually show the effects both physically and mentally of long term isolation?

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          I actually really hope that doesn't happen, guns seems gritty, pew pew space guns are a bit cheesy IMO.
                          I agree that was always the charm of SG over other scifi shows but i dont see how they can do it besides having a replicator - and we have not seen evidence the ancients had that type of tech.

Atlantis was cut off from earth for almost a year and yet they managed to keep clean and stocked dressed with fresh clothes, had food, they never mentioned they had some sort of replicator ( yes like in star trek, no not in those damn bugs!). i will admit that the PG did have human races descendant from the ancients that seeded life in the PG, but since the ancients abandoned the Destiny project, they never got the chance to seed life in these other galaxies and they may not be humanoid like people to trade with, i imagine they might be a lot of salads of they go to planets with just plant life!
                          Interesting - if the destiny does not have a hydroponics bay they could have a scene where one of them is *****ing how they would love a steak when they are just eating leaves off a tree.

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                          Raises hand. If there's going to be a big drama about them running out of supplies etc. I'm just going to laugh if it looks like they have a never ending stock of soap and shampoo with them.
                          +1

i was beginning to think i was alone in this

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                          If the target audience is people who are tuning in to look at hot people and not a interesting story with good dialog then this show wont even reach the end of season 1 before it gets the chop

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                          Oh, please. Why do people always go to that argument? How about the fact that people don't want to watch a show with hairy unshaven women and men, with greasy hair and filthy clothes? How about the fact that they'd either have to have an extra few hours of makeup for each person for each scene, or just stop the actors from shaving at all (including the women). Just so you can have your 'gritty realistic' show. You know actors have lives too. People always forget that.
                          I wonder did the ancients use combs and hair dryers? i doubt they are standard issue for women on missions.

I see where you are comming from but also remember that allot of actors dont live beside the studio and spend 1/2 the year there and 1/2 the year at home and on other projects.

Also when you wake up in the morning and dont shower/shave its that simple, if they are going out to the pub that night its not that hard to shave after work... they dont have to go weeks without showering for the show i mean smell o vison is still in the experimentation stages and even when its perfected i dont think it will be popular who wants to smell a rotting corpse?

My point is simple, if the actors look perfect i will be upset and how stupid and pathetic it is trying to appeal to the lowest form of viewer. (unless they have a decent explanation)

In lost Hurley didn't lose weight - the fans complained and *bamb* a few episodes later a dharma food drop.

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                          I hope it turns out like BSG where the dirt is visible. They never always look 100% and that's what I liked about it.
                          one of the reasons i liked the first episode of season 1 "33" they hadn't slept in days and it showed. Something so little adds so much.

Thanks for all the replies guys - i guess now we have to wait - not long either so fingers crossed but im already upset because its clear we cant all have what we want - for some reason thats beyond me some people want "eye candy" instead of a element of realism

Comment

I am pretty sure the Ancients created showers and soap. I think they will be ok.

Comment

Yea, they will find ancient weapons stunners on board and they won't even need P90's!
                              *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                                I am pretty sure the Ancients created showers and soap. I think they will be ok.
                                Ye - ive no problem with that at all, would be interesting to see tough - perhaps a simple line where someone mentions "cool ancient showers that have cleaning product built in"

its the little things - if someone ever takea bullet or get slashed with a knife they have a damaged uniform - will it magically repair itself next episode or will damage to the ship and the uniforms remain or will there be a magic ancient device that fixes broken guns, dispenses cleaning products - clothing that is taylor made ect.

Comment

Working...
                                X