This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuity in SGU? [SPOILERS?]

Myself and some others where talking on another fourm and we where saying from what we have read about this show it will be a team of young, inexperienced people who get trapped or something? basically going to the destiny or whatever is not supposed to be a long range mission. They arnt planning for one and are not equipped for one - right?

If that is the case we can assume they are in now way equipped for a long term mission - so im hoping there will be good continuity in the show - im thinking the main cast will start to look - simply put terrible by 1/2 way though the first season. Shaving foam, hair gel, soap deodorant cant be standard issue in SG personel backpacks on standard missions.

Will they keep the charactors looking "hot" or will the show be realistic in that without cleansing products the characters appearance should deteriorate as the show progresses (Ala BSG - look at season 1 and look now it shows, also remember how they looked in ealy season 3?) The show had a element of realisim to it that allot of shows lack.

If SGU is going to be grittier, more dark than other SG series do you think it will be reflected in the cast. if the destiny was designed as a unmanned ship im not expecting stocks of ancients shower gel...

Interesting point. Ahh nothing better than BO on a ship that is having trouble venting the air around. Cabin Fever! I hope the creators of the show plan that far ahead and make it gritty as you say. Although the people who run the stargate shows seem to be a tad shallow. So maybe they will all walk around like they are ready for dinner and dancing.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
    Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by User45701 View Post
      Myself and some others where talking on another fourm and we where saying from what we have read about this show it will be a team of young, inexperienced people who get trapped or something? basically going to the destiny or whatever is not supposed to be a long range mission. They arnt planning for one and are not equipped for one - right?

If that is the case we can assume they are in now way equipped for a long term mission - so im hoping there will be good continuity in the show - im thinking the main cast will start to look - simply put terrible by 1/2 way though the first season. Shaving foam, hair gel, soap deodorant cant be standard issue in SG personel backpacks on standard missions.

Will they keep the charactors looking "hot" or will the show be realistic in that without cleansing products the characters appearance should deteriorate as the show progresses (Ala BSG - look at season 1 and look now it shows, also remember how they looked in ealy season 3?) The show had a element of realisim to it that allot of shows lack.

If SGU is going to be grittier, more dark than other SG series do you think it will be reflected in the cast. if the destiny was designed as a unmanned ship im not expecting stocks of ancients shower gel...
      It would be nice though I highly doubt it since for one I doubt the actors would like that idea too much. It's also very minor IMO. All TV shows require at least a little "suspension of disbelief."
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

thanks for the quick replies guys - but i really think its the small things that matter in a show - "Every little bit counts"

Im worried about the show in that it is supposed to appeal to a new audience and all, and for me its the small things that will make it a better show, i mean every time SG teams go out on short term mission do they take razors with them? if not even a 2 second scene in episode 4 or 5 with one of the guys shaving with a knive - and thats it.

Small little things to make the show that little bit more. it wont annoy anyone and it will make it a little bit more realastic (i know its a scifi show but you know what i mean)

Comment

I really like the idea, however, for TPTB, that's a little too progressive of a thought process.

Comment

Originally posted by WishIwasJoes View Post
            So maybe they will all walk around like they are ready for dinner and dancing.
            My guess is that they'll be short of everything except shaving foam, hair spray, soap, cosmetics and detergent to keep their clothes immaculate no matter what they have to face out there.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike272 View Post
              I really like the idea, however, for TPTB, that's a little too progressive of a thought process.
              had to look up TPTB

if the can do it on other shows they can do it on this.

Also i don't know if any of you saw my other thread
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=64463

they better run out of earth ammo VERY fast (depending if there is any combat?) id expect by 1/2 way though season 1 for them to be out of ammo and to be down to zats (or possibly some ancient "make go bangs"?)

Comment

I like how, on LOST, they show the characters shaving with stuff they find on the beach and Locke making soap/glue/cradles/et cetera out of stuff he finds in the woods. In other words, the actors continuity is addressed directly; the stuff doesn't come out of nowhere, they make it or find it.

I'm hoping similar things will happen on Destiny. Hopefully, the ancients didn't make a ship completely devoid of bathrooms, running water, and cleaning products... but it would be nice to be able to actually see these things!!!
                sigpic

If you have Twitter, end all your Tweets with #SGU! Here's why!

~*~*~Shal kek nem ron~*~*~

Comment

Aside from the weapons and ammo part, I think you're forgetting this is a TV show.

Raise your hand if you want to watch a show about people who look like they haven't showered in a month. Their skin tones would be different, and I don't mean dirt. I mean the layer of grime that accrues when you don't bathe. Their hair would look like it was wet from all of the grease, also nice. I hope their facial hair comes in evenly and nicely, and that the women don't have any. Unibrows are nice too.

Mmmm, yellow teeth. Fancy.

Comment

I would imagine it'll be similar to Lost, the women will be filthy but still look like they're well worth a rattle.

Comment

I dont think this would be the case.. Your missing the point... Destiny was not supposed to be an unmanned vessel. The original gate seeder ship was the unmanned vessel. Destiny was a follow up vessel that would have been inhabited by ancients and traveled to all those planets that the first vessel planted the gates on and checking out the civilizations. So im sure little things like bathrooms would be on the vessel....

I do agree with the earth AMMO... They better run out of that and start using some kind of ancient hand weapon...

Comment

Originally posted by coolguy55220 View Post
                        I dont think this would be the case.. Your missing the point... Destiny was not supposed to be an unmanned vessel. The original gate seeder ship was the unmanned vessel. Destiny was a follow up vessel that would have been inhabited by ancients and traveled to all those planets that the first vessel planted the gates on and checking out the civilizations. So im sure little things like bathrooms would be on the vessel....

I do agree with the earth AMMO... They better run out of that and start using some kind of ancient hand weapon...
                        I actually really hope that doesn't happen, guns seems gritty, pew pew space guns are a bit cheesy IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          I actually really hope that doesn't happen, guns seems gritty, pew pew space guns are a bit cheesy IMO.
                          they're on a spaceship. how many P90 rounds could you possibly need.

Comment

Originally posted by andy tyler View Post
                            they're on a spaceship. how many P90 rounds could you possibly need.
                            There are ways around that.

Comment

Atlantis was cut off from earth for almost a year and yet they managed to keep clean and stocked dressed with fresh clothes, had food, they never mentioned they had some sort of replicator ( yes like in star trek, no not in those damn bugs!). i will admit that the PG did have human races descendant from the ancients that seeded life in the PG, but since the ancients abandoned the Destiny project, they never got the chance to seed life in these other galaxies and they may not be humanoid like people to trade with, i imagine they might be a lot of salads of they go to planets with just plant life!
                              sigpic
                              Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Working...
                              X