Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

TV Eli Wallace/David Blue Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

David Blue, who has guest starred on Ugly Betty and Moonlight, has been cast as Eli Wallace in Stargate Universe. We have several months to wait until we can discuss Eli, but we could start the discussion process on David and his previous acting credits, and share news and more.

TV Re: The David Blue/Eli Wallace Thunk Thread

David Blue has a Twitter site and just asked:

Here's a question for you kids: how many of you go to SG conventions? Would you want to see me there? Or you're more interested in Robert?

Default Re: The David Blue/Eli Wallace Thunk Thread

David Blue's Official Web site, with photos, video clips and a demo reel!

The GateWorld article on David Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by morjana View Post
    David Blue has a Twitter site and just asked:

Here's a question for you kids: how many of you go to SG conventions? Would you want to see me there? Or you're more interested in Robert?
    Venturing back into On Topic-Land just to show my support and 'cos I can post more than 140 characters here (woohoo! Miss Talky McTalkpants time!).

David is awesome. I remember seeing him on Ugly Betty and LOVED his character, so for his sake I'm glad he'll be on SGU even if I won't be watching. *cough* I expect to enjoy some screencaps though.

Gotta say, of all the new cast, he's the only one I have a real interest in and that is undoubtedly helped by the fact that he's a sweetheart who actually talks to his fans via Twitter.

I'm done with SG conventions, of course, but I would be sorely, sorely tempted to get a daypass if I knew he'd be there. Or at least a photo op or an autograph or something.

Speaking of which, where's all the graphic goodness that's so central to a good thunk thread?

EDIT: HA! PHOTOSNURCH:

EDIT 2: OMG!! HE'S A DR HORRIBLE FAN!!! *Kermitflail* That's it. I'm in love.
    Last edited by ShadowMaat; February 21st, 2009 at 08:43 PM.

Probie

Without a doubt....

David Blue officially knocks Kavan Smith and Michael Shanks out of the running for hottest member of SG.

*swoon*
    Hurricane Who A new Doctor Who convention in Florida

On the Destiny, preparing to propose to TJ.

Default Eli Wallace

Is anyone else totally impressed by David Blue. I mean his expressions, the way he delivers his lines, his facial expressions. Although we have seen very little of him he looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO amazing. While he might not be my favorite character, he looks to be by far one of the funniest and diverse characters. Like I remember JM praising him so I expected him to be good but not half as good as he actually is!!! Anyone agree???

Default Re: Eli Wallace

Absolutely! He seems to be a genuinely funny guy who is seriously into sci-fi, which I hope will carry over well to the character. Robert Carlyle had loads of praise for him as an actor too.

I loved his reaction when he got beamed upto the ship, he looked genuinly surprised/shocked at what had just happened, alot of actors don't give off that impression.

On the Destiny, preparing to propose to TJ.

Quote Originally Posted by kirmit View Post
    I loved his reaction when he got beamed upto the ship, he looked genuinly surprised/shocked at what had just happened, alot of actors don't give off that impression.
    I liked the part in the second trailer, where he was talking about cracking the video game codes, and the way he said "I got to call my mom" just made me laugh. He delivered that line perfectly!!!!!!

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by major davis View Post
    I liked the part in the second trailer, where he was talking about cracking the video game codes, and the way he said "I got to call my mom" just made me laugh. He delivered that line perfectly!!!!!!

What 2nd trailer? Where can I view this?. I don't remember seeing any lines about vieo game codes in a trailer?
    BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Brigadier General

Default Re: Eli Wallace/David Blue Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation (SGU)

yeah he seems like a funny person but i got a feeling they are going to do the whole thing like they did between O'Neill and Jackson, Sheppard and McKay that kinda of stic with Lieutenant Matthew Scott.

First Lieutenant JackHarkness_Hot's Avatar

Aye he's charismatic and oh so cute!

Ok heres my question. Does anybody find him completely and utterely adorable. He's got such cute brown eyes and a gorgeous smile.

You call it Oblivion, I call it Home (England)

Heh, this guy looks totally thunkable (and whumpable ) Just coming in to pledge my support

Although from his character description, I immediately think Rodney McKay. That makes me a little sad Utter genius, acerbic sense of humour? Hmm...
    McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

A couple of pics from the GW caps area:-

Spoilered for size and thunk alert
    Spoiler:

Heart Re: Eli Wallace/David Blue Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation (SGU)

Just me then?

New thunky pics from JM's blog

Spoiler:

JM also says
    Actor David Blue – who some of you will recognize as Ugly Betty’s Cliff St. Paul or Moonlight‘s Logan Griffen, but most of you will no doubt come to know as SGU’s lovable Eli Wallace – will be swinging by this blog to tell us about his character, the show, spill some behind-the-scenes secrets, and regale us with amusing anecdotes of his life in the t.v. business and love of scifi and genre television (trivia tidbit: he’s a big fan of one Rodney McKay). Got a question for David? Well, start posting! You have until the end of next week! Begin prepping now by heading on over to the official Stargate site and checking out the Eli Wallace profile: http://stargate.mgm.com/view/character/167/index.html
    YAY!

Heart Re: Eli Wallace/David Blue Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation (SGU)

Eli's all mine then, *hehehe*

Actor David Blue Answers Your Questions! On Joe Mallozi's blog today.

There are some extremely thunky pics on there too

Here are a couple of pics, because, well, you know...

And another one...
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by x Varda x; October 2nd, 2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Now with added thunking

Default This Nerd Rules: Eli Wallace Fan Thread

Though I agree that this series is darker then its predecessors, I do see much potential in this new series. But the one thing at this time I know will draw me back week after to SGU will be my new faveriote SG nerd, Eli Wallace. Since the SG movie to Atlantis I was always a fan of the geeks and nerds like Daniel Jackson and Rodney McKay. But the one thing that I find better about Eli Wallace over Jackson and McKay is he is a nerd we can all like. I loved Daniel Jackson, but there were times when he spouted history and mythology got boring after a bit. With McKay, he was the most brilliant mind in the Pegasus galaxy, but he always lorded over others because he was super brilliant. With Eli Wallace, he is like all of us in some way; average body type, video game playing, slacker nerd with a sprinkle of genus. He represents all of us SG fans dream of being part of that universe. Even in the previous SG series Jackson and McKay held multiple PhD's, while Eli is just the everyday man; had bad jobs (burger job he mentioned), and has family issues (mother not well). He makes me feel that anyone can be part of that universe without needing to take 5 years of graduate studies.

Is is me or are Eli and Lt Matthew Scott slowly becoming friends (Jackson/Oneil and McKay/Sheppard)?

Do you like the Eli Wallace character?

Default Eli Wallace/David Blue Thunk Thread

I figured why not start a thread now ^_^. There probably aren't many pictures out there yet from Universe but bring em on!
    Spoiler:

http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/l...titled-1-2.jpg
    Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
    Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
    Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3