Eli Wallace/David Blue Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli Wallace/David Blue Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

David Blue, who has guest starred on Ugly Betty and Moonlight, has been cast as Eli Wallace in Stargate Universe. We have several months to wait until we can discuss Eli, but we could start the discussion process on David and his previous acting credits, and share news and more.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

David Blue has a Twitter site and just asked:

Here's a question for you kids: how many of you go to SG conventions? Would you want to see me there? Or you're more interested in Robert?

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

David Blue's Official Web site, with photos, video clips and a demo reel!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

The GateWorld article on David Blue.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
          David Blue has a Twitter site and just asked:

Here's a question for you kids: how many of you go to SG conventions? Would you want to see me there? Or you're more interested in Robert?
          Venturing back into On Topic-Land just to show my support and 'cos I can post more than 140 characters here (woohoo! Miss Talky McTalkpants time!).

David is awesome. I remember seeing him on Ugly Betty and LOVED his character, so for his sake I'm glad he'll be on SGU even if I won't be watching. *cough* I expect to enjoy some screencaps though.

Gotta say, of all the new cast, he's the only one I have a real interest in and that is undoubtedly helped by the fact that he's a sweetheart who actually talks to his fans via Twitter.

I'm done with SG conventions, of course, but I would be sorely, sorely tempted to get a daypass if I knew he'd be there. Or at least a photo op or an autograph or something.

Speaking of which, where's all the graphic goodness that's so central to a good thunk thread?

EDIT: HA! PHOTOSNURCH:

EDIT 2: OMG!! HE'S A DR HORRIBLE FAN!!! *Kermitflail* That's it. I'm in love.
          Last edited by ShadowMaat; 21 February 2009, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Without a doubt....

David Blue officially knocks Kavan Smith and Michael Shanks out of the running for hottest member of SG.

*swoon*
            Hurricane Who A new Doctor Who convention in Florida

Comment

Is anyone else totally impressed by David Blue. I mean his expressions, the way he delivers his lines, his facial expressions. Although we have seen very little of him he looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO amazing. While he might not be my favorite character, he looks to be by far one of the funniest and diverse characters. Like I remember JM praising him so I expected him to be good but not half as good as he actually is!!! Anyone agree???
              sigpic

Comment

Absolutely! He seems to be a genuinely funny guy who is seriously into sci-fi, which I hope will carry over well to the character. Robert Carlyle had loads of praise for him as an actor too.
                sigpic

Comment

I loved his reaction when he got beamed upto the ship, he looked genuinly surprised/shocked at what had just happened, alot of actors don't give off that impression.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                    I loved his reaction when he got beamed upto the ship, he looked genuinly surprised/shocked at what had just happened, alot of actors don't give off that impression.
                    I liked the part in the second trailer, where he was talking about cracking the video game codes, and the way he said "I got to call my mom" just made me laugh. He delivered that line perfectly!!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                      I liked the part in the second trailer, where he was talking about cracking the video game codes, and the way he said "I got to call my mom" just made me laugh. He delivered that line perfectly!!!!!!

What 2nd trailer? Where can I view this?. I don't remember seeing any lines about vieo game codes in a trailer?
                      BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

yeah he seems like a funny person but i got a feeling they are going to do the whole thing like they did between O'Neill and Jackson, Sheppard and McKay that kinda of stic with Lieutenant Matthew Scott.

Comment

Aye he's charismatic and oh so cute!

Comment

Ok heres my question. Does anybody find him completely and utterely adorable. He's got such cute brown eyes and a gorgeous smile.
                            Ah…Colonel?
                            It's my sidearm, I swear…
                            [giggles]
                            No giggling, please…

Comment

Heh, this guy looks totally thunkable (and whumpable ) Just coming in to pledge my support

Although from his character description, I immediately think Rodney McKay. That makes me a little sad Utter genius, acerbic sense of humour? Hmm...
                              McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Working...
                              X