Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGU Casting ,News and Tidbits (Spoilers S1 & 2)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU Casting ,News and Tidbits (Spoilers S1 & 2)

This is the thread to post all those news tips that people dig up. Who's been cast for what, what are they shooting now, who's been interviewed where and other relevant bits of info.

This is NOT the place for indepth speculation or discussion. This is for news only. If you wish to speculate and chit chat and do all that guess work, please take it over to the Stargate Universe folder and the appropriate episode speculation thread, or the general speculation thread.

If anything here spins off into any long and protracted discussion, please take it out of this thread and start a new one in the Universe area - or join an existing thread if one is there.

We'd like this thread to be a 'one stop shopping' for tidbits without anyone having to dig through 20 pages of off topic 'going off on tangents'.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Until the mods move the news over here, go to this thread

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=62752

to read the news items already out.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      Until the mods move the news over here, go to this thread

to read the news items already out.
      The old posts will not be copied over here. VB inserts posts in chronological order and if we move/copy them here, the rule setting first post will get lost in the shuffle.

If anyone wishes to copy/paste the info from the old thread into this one, it's your time.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

SGU - Entertainment Weekly Online: David Blue cast in Stargate: Universe:

At Entertainment Weekly Online's Ausiello Files:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Exclusive: 'Stargate' snags Marc's 'Ugly Betty" BF

Jan 15, 2009 | by Michael Ausiello

This certainly puts the kibosh on a possible Marc-Cliff reunion on
        Ugly Betty: Cliff's portrayer, David Blue, is relocating to another freakin' universe.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that Blue has been tapped to join
        the cast of Sci Fi Channel's Stargate Universe, the franchise's third
        (and purportedly edgiest) live-action series.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGU: Hollywood Reporter: Robert Carlyle is next 'Stargate' leader:

At The Hollywood Reporter:

Actor cast in third installment of the Sci Fi franchise

By Nellie Andreeva

Dec 15, 2008

"SGU," the third installment in the cable channel's "Stargate" franchise, hails from "Stargate SG-1" and "Stargate Atlantis" co-creators Brad Wright and Robert Cooper, who will write and executive produce the new series.

... Described as edgier, darker and younger-skewing than its predecessors,
          "SGU" follows a group of soldiers, scientists and civilians left to fend for themselves when forced through a Stargate after their hidden base comes under attack. The survivors, who emerge aboard an ancient ship missing in the far reaches of space, are led by Dr. David Rush (Robert Carlyle), who works to unlock the ship's mysteries and return the group home but also might have ulterior motives ...

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGU - GateWorld: Brian J. Smith cast in Stargate Universe:

At GateWorld:

(Please follow the link for the complete GateWorld article.)

Brian J. Smith cast in Stargate Universe

Thursday, January 15 '09 (ACTORS)

EXCLUSIVE: Actor Brian J. Smith has been cast as Lt. Matthew Scott in
            SCI FI's upcoming series Stargate Universe.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGU - TV Guide Online: Jamil Walker Smith & Justin Louis Cast:

At TV Guide Online:

Casting Exclusive: More Faces Enter Stargate Universe

Jan 15, 2009 - by Matt Mitovich

The new Stargate's universe is expanding. On the heels of the announcement that Trainspotting's Robert Carlye will front the new Sci Fi Channel series (playing Dr. Nicholas Rush), TVGuide.com has learned exclusively that Justin Louis and Jamil Walker Smith have joined the nascent cast.

Louis (Hidden Hills) will play Colonel Everett Young, an experienced
              and married Stargate team leader, while Smith (Hey, Arnold!) will
              portray Sr. Sgt. Ronald Greer, a Marine with an explosive temper...and
              a mysterious past to account for it ...

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

From Mallozzi's Feb 22nd blog entry

Tomorrow, we’re back on the lot as we hit Icarus Base. And the official announcement on our female cast members? I’m pretty darn sure it’ll happen this week.

Comment

http://www.megaconvention.com/mediaguest.asp

Due to a role on the new Stargate series Alaina Huffman has to cancel her appearance at MegaCon.

Previous news of her casting announcements at this thread

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...louis-edelman/

Feb 23 2009

What a day! We were on Icarus Base shooting a couple of HUGE scenes featuring Rush, Young, Scott, Chloe, Eli, Telford, Senator Armstrong, Dr. Damji, Lt. James, Sgt. Riley, Park, Brody, and Franklin. The set is spectacular, I’m loving the new gate set-up, and, surprise surprise, really loving those Icarus military uniforms. Stylin’! Chatted with David (Blue) and Brian (J. Smith), told them how terrific they were in the dailies we watched over lunch, then promised to say a special hello from them to their folks who have apparently dropped by the blog (specifically, Brian’s mom and David’s dad). So hi to Mrs. Smith and Mr. Blue. Your kids are lovely and wonderfully talented. We’re taking great care of them and promise to return them in approximately a decade or so, whenever the show has run its course.

Andy Mikita, directing the three-parter, is running a tight ship - but everyone is enjoying themselves immensely. I got some nice behind-the-scenes pics of Bobby and Justin along with “the actor playing Telford” (not sure if his identity has been announced yet but I have to say - and did say - I’ve enjoyed his work, especially his performance in my very favorite Mark Wahlberg movie. And, no, it’s not the movie you’re thinking of. Or the next one. Or the one after that.).

Speaking of announcements, apparently TPTB are just getting their ducks in a row in preparation for the big announcement that should be coming…very soon.

A truly phenomenal cast!

--------------------------------------------------

Previous news on SGU at this thread

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-amanda-bound/

February 24,2009

First off, allow me to welcome and respond to two new readers to this blog, both of whom posted comments in response to yesterday’s entry.

Sherry Harris writes: “Brian’s mom here, Mr. Mallozzi! Thank you so much for the compliments. I am extremely proud of my son, he is not only very talented and smart, but kind and humble as well. Thank you for the reassurance that he is being well taken care of, that helps. I cannot wait to get to Vancouver to see Brian, to visit the set and meet everyone. I am hoping to meet your pugs as well, I love dogs almost as much as Brian does.

I look forward to reading your blog every night. And I admit I glance through to see if there is any news of my son first!

Thank you again!”

Your son is, indeed, all of the above. Monday saw him delivering a tough and very emotional performance that he nailed not once, not twice, but five times, every one as strong as the one before. After the fifth take, I glanced over at Exec. Producer Rob Cooper who was looking back at me with a knowing smile, well aware of exactly what I was going to say: “He‘s great!” A wide-eyed Exec. Producer Carl, sitting to my left, concurred with an enthusiastic nod. I predict a long and successful career ahead of him.

One of the things that first struck me about Brian was (and continues to be) his genuine enthusiasm for his work. On the day of his costume fitting, he swung by the writers’ room for a quick chat. We pitched him out a little more of his character backstory in addition to some of the little surprises we had in store for Lieutenant Scott. Well, his eyes lit up as if we’d just presented him with the keys to a brand new sports car. Much along the same lines - whenever he’s on set, you’ll be hardpressed to find him without a smile on his face.

Which, of course, you’ll see for yourself when you do come visit. And, yes, the pugs (and frenchie) look forward to meeting you as well.

Richard Blue writes: “Thanks for the hello. I read your comments religiously. I can’t seem to get enough info on David. I am so proud of what he’s done and is doing.

Your dogs are adorable. We have two Black Labs who run our house.

Keep up the great work! We can’t wait until October!”

Hey, Richard, your comment found me by way of the good people at the SG-1 Solutions Livejournal page (http://community.livejournal.com/sg1_solutions/- your one-stop-shop for all your Stargate needs) who were kind enough to forward me your message. Pleased to hear you’re braving all the dog pics, restaurant reviews, and my occasional meandering rants to get the update on your son. Well, I’m happy to report that David is doing a wonderful job as our Eli Wallace (kicking off production with some terrific scenes opposite Robert Carlyle) and seems to be having a good time doing it. He’s a very funny guy and a real pleasure to talk to on set. Although I wasn’t on set today to see it, Carl reports that he was hilarious in the big mess scene.

It’s also nice to know that he is a big t.v. buff and includes Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis among some of his past favorites. In fact, yesterday, he told me that, for fun, he actually considered posting a question to Amanda for her upcoming Q&A with us. I informed him that, in the coming months, it would be his turn to get overwhelmed by fan comments and queries when he eventually comes by to do his blog Q&A.

And, hey, if the black labs who run your house let you out for a while, do try to get up here and visit.
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

The women have been cast!

'Smallville' alums join cast

Feb 24, 2009, 07:59 PM | by Michael Ausiello

Categories: Stargate Universe

Sci Fi Channel's newest Stargate incarnation has added two more crew members.

ER vet Ming-Na and Smallville grad Elyse Levesque have come aboard Stargate Universe, sources confirm to me exclusively. The pair join previously announced recruits Robert Carlyle, Justin Louis, David Blue, Jamil Walker Smith and Brian J. Smith.

Sci Fi's third SG series, which is scheduled to bow in October, follows a diverse group of soldiers, scientists, and civilians who are stranded on an ancient ship in the far reaches of space.

Ming-Na will play Camille Wray, an HR bigwig and the highest-ranking survivor. Levesque, meanwhile, stars as Chloe Armstrong, the wild and immature daughter of a U.S. Senator.

Production on SG-U got underway last week in Vancouver.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/02/...te-exclus.html

Comment

Check their credits at:

Elyse Levesque

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1137028/

Ming-Na

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001840/

TV this week:
                          Thur. Feb. 26 10:02 PM ABC Private Practice

Comment

SGU - Lou Diamond Phillips - The Hollywood Reporter:

At The Hollywood Reporter:

Lou Diamond Phillips in 'Stargate Universe'

By Nellie Andreeva

Feb 24, 2009

Lou Diamond Phillips

Lou Diamond Phillips, Ming-Na, Elyse Levesque and Alaina Huffman round out the cast of Sci Fi Channel's new original series "SGU: Stargate Universe."

The four join previously cast Robert Carlyle, Justin Louis, David Blue, Jamil Walker Smith and Brian J. Smith on the MGM TV-produced series, which began production last week in Vancouver.

Edgier than its franchise predecessors, "SGU" follows a band of soldiers, scientists and civilians who must fend for themselves after they are forced through a Stargate when their hidden base is attacked. The survivors, led by Dr. Nicholas Rush (Carlyle), emerge aboard an ancient ship, which is locked on an unknown course and unable to return to Earth.

Phillips, repped by Global Artists and manager JB Roberts, will play Col. Telford, a lifelong military man and the chosen leader of the ill-fated expedition.

Alaina Huffman
                            Last edited by morjana; 24 February 2009, 05:20 PM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Stargate...s=breakingnews

The ship is fast filling oup on Sci Fi Channel's Stargate Universe, with Lou Diamnd Phillips (Numbers, La Bamba) and Alaina Huffman (Smallville's Black Canary, Painkiller Jane) being the latest additions to the crew, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

Phillips has been cast as Colonel Telford, a lifelong military man who becomes the chosen leader when a starship's crew inexplicably finds itself aboard an ancient vessel, locked into an unknown course.

Huffman, meanwhile, will play Tamara Johansen, a strong-willed — if inexperienced — field medic who will need to rise to the occasion to treat the seriously wounded.

REST OF ARTICLE AT LINK ABOVE, plus photos

Comment

Working...
                              X